Official Portal 2 Co-op Trailer Released in HD

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
You may have already seen the slightly more grainy version of this video from the PAX media a few days back but if you would like to experience the full joy of the co-op trailer in high definition you can check it out below.[br]
<object ><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/omN942lOV4A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/omN942lOV4A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" ></embed></object>​

glados seems a bit less subtle, more overtly sinister in this trailer... don't know if i like it as much.

glados seems a bit less subtle, more overtly sinister in this trailer... don't know if i like it as much.
Well if her personality reset back to what it was at the start of Portal it would be pretty crap to see the same thing again. I'm quite interested to know what she's like with any morality or aggression spheres attached.

Also, why did they get rid of the green portal? I liked the green portal :(

Sig'd it a few days ago :cheese:

This. Might as well make make my first sig an awesome GLaDos quote. At least before they go the way of "the cake is a lie" and are brutally raped by unfunny Internet users.

While this looks awesome, I'm worried about replayability. Once you figure out how to do all of the puzzles most of the fun will be gone when they are replayed. Hopefully valve will release regular map packs to keep it going.

She's had some ridiculous number of years to think about how pissed she is about dying.

Its not like they couldn't make a separate mode for non-story based co-op.

How do you expect map packs to integrate well with a contained single-player narrative? That's a bizarre idea...

In the original, the advanced levels didn't have anything to do with the single-player narrative...

I don't think it's necessary for them to have anything to do with the story. I mean the levels were pretty much self contained anyways. Get from A to B, here are some obstacles.

How do you expect map packs to integrate well with a contained single-player narrative? That's a bizarre idea...

A lot of single player games have DLC nowadays. There's nothing strange about that.

Yeah, I mean I thought about the advanced maps, but really that was just like "we made the levels you played a while ago a little bit harder to make up for the two hour game we just sold you"

And yeah, singleplayer gets DLC, but Portal is such a compact, concise storyline that I don't know how one would go about implementing something like that.

Simple idea: Throughout Portal 2 GLaDOS is simultaneously running tests with not just Chell and the co-op robots but also a bunch of other robots and any DLC can be about those. Or as Starbob said, just not have them being part of the story.

I look forward to playing as the weighted companion cube in the expansion pack

This is valve we are talking about.

Valve, who has never done singleplayer DLC before and probably won't start anytime soon. I think Valve is more interested in releasing full, whole games, rather than small add-ons to pre-existing games.

Valve, who has never done singleplayer DLC before and probably won't start anytime soon. I think Valve is more interested in releasing full, whole games, rather than small add-ons to pre-existing games.

Portal is a puzzle game. The story is thrown there to tie all the rooms together, but it's not really needed to have fun solving the puzzles. If there's a Valve game in serious need of constant expansions and maps, it's Portal in a hypothetical storyless mode.

I must say, that trailer was quite good.

Back