Nuclear Dawn Release Official Trailer

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
<object ><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eWNtLTE48nQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eWNtLTE48nQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" ></embed></object>​
[br]Nuclear Dawn these days is a commercial title being developed by InterWave Studios. You may remember it as a Source mod which attracted some rather negative attention many years back, however InterWave have really turned around the Nuclear Dawn name and created an incredible new trailer.[br]ND is a FPS / RTS hybrid and for the first time you can see these RTS mechanics in action alongside tactical combat and working vehicles. Find out more on the Nuclear Dawn website.

Far be it from me to criticise, but that actually doesn't look all that good to me.
It looks like HL2-era Source, not current Source. The running animations seem a bit odd, and shadows are intermittent (although that's more of a video editing issue, but still - you present your best work)
If it was just a mod, it'd get a pass. But as a commercial project? I really don't know.

I thought this this was dead! How many games that use the Source engine (other than Valve's games) have actually been released? The only one I can think of is Vampire tM:B

SiN episodes & ZenoClash are another two which come to mind. There are a few more still in development.

Interesting, for a mod it looks cool for a commercial project the quality isn't really hitting the mark.

Any word on how the RTS commander element is actually going to not suck like every other misguided RTS / FPS hybrid? Or any theories on why people would spend half a decade developing a visual design and setting and put it into a multiplayer game? Sure, Nuclear Dawn always needed to be scaled back to some kind of realistic scope, but the damage has already been done. A game with those features will only ever look several years overdue at this stage and the market would be competitive enough if they weren't asking money for it.

Nice to see that they're shipping at all though.

That looks great.

I'd dish out $20 for it.

It doesn't look too bad, the trailer is better than their first. The only things that look off are the character animations, i just hope they are WIP and the text about survival of the fittest, but apart from those things it looks alright.

A video of just gameplay footage would be good.

I liked it better when they faked everything.

They should have left out the vehicles if you ask me. Source just isn't suitable for vehicles or large scale maps. Look at mods such as D.I.P.R.I.P., Iron Grip and Empires. They're just not any fun to play.

Maybe they can change my mind with some gameplay footage but i doubt it.

They should have left out the vehicles if you ask me. Source just isn't suitable for vehicles or large scale maps. Look at mods such as D.I.P.R.I.P., Iron Grip and Empires. They're just not any fun to play.

Maybe they can change my mind with some gameplay footage but i doubt it.

Yes, mods but this is a full retail game with i assume full access to the source engine.

So I just saw this available for pre-order on Steam. I watched the video that's on the sale page, but it didn't strike me as worth the purchase.

Anyone going to buy it? Or has anyone been in any betas?

Back