Left 4 Dead 'The Sacrifice' Media Released

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
<object ><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VgmWbZvpwpU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VgmWbZvpwpU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" ></embed></object>​
[br]

With 'The Sacrifice' only around the corner from release (Tuesday 5th), Valve have released a selection of new screenshots of the original survivors from Left 4 Dead as well as a short trailer as seen above.[br]The DLC will be available for both L4D1 and L4D2 and will be available for download on Xbox Live for 560 Microsoft Points and free for PC.[br]

newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif
[br]<center>
newsspacer.gif

Wow, can't wait.
Also, at 0:47 Francis is using his shotgun like a baseball bat. XD

I love these trailers Valve release. They're always so epic and I want Valve to make a feature length movie. NOW.

WHY BILL, WHY?

WHY BILL, WHY?

If I'm not mistaken, Chet said while playing the campaign, you'll be able to choose who will sacrifice himself, and won't be always Bill. Who would want to play Bill, or, what if Bill died before the sacrifice moment?

I still think they should have made the dead survivor random on The Passing.

Cool trailer.

Three tanks... my eyes suddenly turned red with rage.

I still think they should have made the dead survivor random on The Passing.

I was under the impression the decision to remove Bill was due to the fact the voice actor was no longer available.

3 Tanks?

Realism Expert on first try bitches.

Nice video. I think Left 4 Dead could have been a movie... though a movie with all those climaxes would be kind of overwhelming. I don't even know where the story would go. When's the next comic come out?

do any other new things come with the Campaign , like new guns or anything

Holy shit now that is how you make a trailer.

I don't know about you guy, but for me this is one of the best trailers, or maybe even the best trailer Valve released.

Man, that thing, that beautiful thing!... Aww, and that tone is so familiar. Another finale with a tank or two on the horizon,
growling and stomping as they do, that old familiar sound, music, vibration and look... and you just look at em' and think...
Jeez, I've done it a few bloody times before, and I'll do it again! As Bill, the best and most badass character in the series,
you just can't wait to get in there and burn them all alive!

Yes, I enjoyed that *teaser*, indeed. (it is just a teaser, remember)

I was under the impression the decision to remove Bill was due to the fact the voice actor was no longer available.
Pretty much what I heard. Valve couldn't get a hold of Jim French but a GIS of his name sure finds something.
e4c6a926.gif

Anyone else here that particular sound throughout the beginning?

Ticka ticka?

Sounds uncannily like the Smoke Monster from LOST. Heh.

Ok I think I get how the finale works now. Three players get to go up on the bridge/platform when it goes up, while the sacrificial player stays on the ground to keep the generator going.

what if there is only one player left? ;)

I forgot about the whole "one character dies" thing so I didn't get why Zoey is yelling something at Bill when he's throwing the molotov. Cause it looks just like that: Bill running in the direction of the tanks to throw it further.

If anything Zoey looked more in danger standing on that bridge/platform with zombie hordes coming at her from both sides.

One thing I learned about zombie apocalypses, is to stay off bridges. :smoking:

Awesome!! I think I'll be playing it in L4D2 first.

Back