Levels you'd like to see in AM

Escaping the citadel, while it's falling down. Yes, I know, its basicly tetris.

Max35 said:
Exactly, it just wouldn't fit the expansion's theme. Aftermath is supposed to be about frantically escaping City 17, not being a briefcase-toting mystery.

EDIT: Oh, and I'd like to see a "Black Mesa Simulation" program during the Citadel missions (the train ride especially), courtesy of Dr. Breen's need for nostaglia. Hey, one can dream, right?.

As you go along in the pods / trains you hear the tram announcer: "The Universal Union is an equal opportunities employer"

Sam-2k said:
As you go along in the pods / trains you hear the tram announcer: "The Universal Union is an equal opportunities employer"

"Good morning, and welcome to the citadel transit system. This train is... outbound..."

;)

a leven that takes you along the outskirts of a thick forest and a wasteland. The forest is dead, filled with dead trees and tangled with brambles and crumbeling vines.

having to travel along a broken highway, weaving back and forth between the horrors masked by dead trees and the solom reminder of earth's last effort to push back the combine.

and all the while fighting and evading maurading preadators with an extremely limited amount of ammunition, possible traps, and prodjectiles for the gravity gun if it ever reappears.

doing all of this while in a rainstorm with occasional flashes of lightning, with no thunder. the lightning intensifies, but there isn't a sound, and then you realize you are cought in a portal storm...

i'd also like to have to fight or escape an ictiosuar. i think part of a level should revolve around that.

You play too much Halo when: you ask for a level inside of a Combine battleship.

What? What kind of transgalactic empire can operate without a means of enforcing the space that connects each of the planets it controls?

Krabjuice said:
What? What kind of transgalactic empire can operate without a means of enforcing the space that connects each of the planets it controls?
The kind that is advanced beyond them. The kind that just suddenly appears one day and takes over a world in Seven Hours. The kind that has other means of getting to the places it needs to, like uber Dark-Energy powered portals to other universes.

PS. to bring this thread perilously off topic, if there were Combine Battleships, and there was a level in them, and if they were as dull, ugly and generic as Covenant Battleships, Valve could put their damned level where the sun don't shine. Still, at least we can hope that the Combine battleships wouldn't be the same colour as Matel's product range.

Oh please, not a fluorescent pink spaceship with a hint of purple dabbed on the wall. :rolleyes:

Not only are the Combine more advanced however, but they are not as darned generic as every other inter galactic empire. Spaceships are like, so last year.

Who needs spaceships when you can teleport? Even with a lack of local teleports you can go from universe A to universe B and then to another planet on any point of universe A in a few minutes?

A level where you see combine in there natural form and not on a screen or anything.

Meh... You learn that in order to escape the eminent meltdown of the Citadel and to escape the fights/ survive, a few Combine have established Underground/ Sewer based.... bases...... You and some Rebels are all down there kicking the asses of the lesser Xeno Fauna like Leeches, Headcrabs, hopefully to be in Aftermath other creatures that were scrapped and from HL1. Then, at some point theres a sequence where your squads are about to their waists in water... You see bubbles floating up to the surface as you walk, and you hear a noise, and if you feel like it you turn around and youll see a few Rebels being pulled underwater. Then another right before your eyes goes down in bloody display of red water.

You have to get out of there. Upon further examination of the nasty piss filled water, you realise. Bullsquids. Big ****ing Bullsquids. Not like the ones that were in HL1 or Beta screenshots. Just big pissed Bullsquids. And the rest you can figure out on your own with the establishment and the Xen and the killing and the hurting and the shit......... Okay the Bullsquid thing seemed to similar to most horror movies but I dont gve a damn!!

TollBooth Willie said:
You have to get out of there. Upon further examination of the nasty piss filled water, you realise. Bullsquids. Big ****ing Bullsquids. Not like the ones that were in HL1 or Beta screenshots. Just big pissed Bullsquids. And the rest you can figure out on your own with the establishment and the Xen and the killing and the hurting and the shit......... Okay the Bullsquid thing seemed to similar to most horror movies but I dont gve a damn!!
Interesting Ideas... but why did some of it have me thinking of the Hydra? I'd sacrifice Bullsquids for Hydras any-day...

G-man giving Gorden some extra abilities to help fight against the combine i.e. stop or control time. Giving Gorden Bullet-time to help get out of sticky situations.
Xen fighting the combine.
Showing the G-man hire Alyx as an intergalatic warrior also. At the end of Aftermath, Everything stops and Gorden and Alyx are standing there in a black room and Alyx is asking "Gorden, what's happening? Who is that man in the suit?" And then both of them get put into stasis.
And one more thing I would like to see in Aftermath is the death of either Eli Vance or Dog, I love both characters and would like to see more of them but it would bring another level of emotion into the story and another reason to keep fighting.
opinions?

*edit* I just seen that this is the thread for levels and not just things you would like see in Aftermath. Sorry ;o)

DrkBlueXG said:
G-man giving Gorden some extra abilities to help fight against the combine i.e. stop or control time. Giving Gorden Bullet-time to help get out of sticky situations.
Showing the G-man hire Alyx as an intergalatic warrior also. At the end of Aftermath, Everything stops and Gorden and Alyx are standing there in a black room and Alyx is asking "Gorden, what's happening? Who is that man in the suit?" And then both of them get put into stasis.
And one more thing I would like to see in Aftermath is the death of either Eli Vance or Dog, I love both characters and would like to see more of them but it would bring another level of emotion into the story and another reason to keep fighting.
opinions?

*edit* I just seen that this is the thread for levels and not just things you would like see in Aftermath. Sorry ;o)

Max Payne 3: The Aftermath

The storyline would suck big time if Alyx is hired. She *is* in no way as much a pro as Gordon, who pwns all... except me :monkee:

I want to see a level where you get to ride an elephant bareback and fight an antlion guard with a harpoon gun and a small army of lemmings. That's definately what Aftermath needs.

Sam-2k said:
I want to see a level where you get to ride an elephant bareback and fight an antlion guard with a harpoon gun and a small army of lemmings. That's definately what Aftermath needs.

You know, that's just crazy enough to work.

DrkBlueXG said:
opinions?

Gman can't control time, and he couldn't give it to Gordon. God that would suck.
Gman should not hire Alyx.

riding through waste lands on a train with combine troops all around you, they would pwn

We may be seeing some wasteland areas in the game. Since everything out of City 17 is mostly a wasteland anyway, and assuming we DO get out of City 17, I bet we will. The Wasteland mentioned in Raising the Bar looked like some pretty sick levels.

fighting new (mutated maybe) enemies, and traveling to a new city? helping out with the rebellion there(if there is one going on there )

Well, since its set within City 17 its highly unlikely you won't see another City.

highlander said:
riding through waste lands on a train with combine troops all around you, they would pwn
I doubt we'd be seeing Combine out there my friend.... Try something more like Bullsquids, houndeyes, zombies, headcrabs, gargantuas, etc.

yes everyone wants a #### toad , a giant chum toad that craps on you

Sulkdodds said:
Haha, I just typed something really long and then it all got deleted. Nice on Firefox. Who the **** uses 'backspace' instead of 'back'? That's the most ridiculous and annoying keyboard shortcut ever. It's not even Ctrl+backspace. It's just backspace. What if I was trying to ****ing type something and I hit backspace? What then, huh? YES, WELL ****ING DONE, THEN I LOSE IT ALL.

Have you tried Opera? - I've been using it since 6.something-or-other, without any probs; it's really customisable, and fast...I'll never go back to a non-tabbed browser...

All I'm thinking is that he eventually has to get out of City17. He ends up taking the SAME train he took to get into City17, but like half the way to another city a strider or monster or something crashes the train, flips it over. Then he's in the fields, the outer city limits, where ALL the other aliens from ALL the Half-Life expansion are there, waiting for new prey since EVERYONE is now dead in that area. How could they survive? Aliens teleporting in from Xen on a constant basis and without warning, they would have been wiped out faster then the zombies took over the city in Dawn of the Dead! So as he tries to get to the undecided city (cause I can't tell you wich one it'll be), he has to fight of the aliens along the way. Wouldn't it be cool to see more mutated versions of the zombies? Headcrabs? Maybe some huge aliens that were like in Opposing Force and Half-Life 1. That would be the best expanson ever, what a reunion, hehe :p!

More Xen.

DSASH, I doubt we will see the wasteland epic you described in AM, as it has already said it will be set entirely within City 17. Most likely, it will take place in the next expansion, which one primary focus is on vehicles, useful for traversing the wasteland.

Maybe G-man wont hire Alyx, but he might capture her in stasis and force Gordon to work for him.
And DSASH, we have already seen a mutated Zombie. And they rocked.
I whould like a xen level. And some scripted scene(spell?) where kleainer has a long talk, like a red letter day, or black mesa east, onely with more revalations about the plot.

EDIT. I know Kleainer wasnt in Black mesa east. Or was he....

Max35 said:
DSASH, I doubt we will see the wasteland epic you described in AM, as it has already said it will be set entirely within City 17. Most likely, it will take place in the next expansion, which one primary focus is on vehicles, useful for traversing the wasteland.

Holy ****ing shit Max, I think you are on to something there! I bet it will once again it will end without wrapping things up. We finally reach the wastelands, with signs saying "Danger, do not pass this point yadda yadda" and there are human remains. Then Alyx or another main character/random rebel goes "Well, what do we do now?"

Also, I'm scared of Dog possibly dying :( Don't ask me why I thought up something so depressing.

Dog dying whouldent bother me. In fact, let that scripted dumbass die to save my ass.

But it whould probably be alyx´s (grammar?)

I want to see another cliff level like down in AM, just a lot bigger...those are sooo much fun.
A level with serveral ways of completing it(all the same length and challenge level)
PROWLERS PROWLERS PROWLERS!!!!!!! I WANT TO SEE SOME PROWLERS!
Less "Follow Freeman" levels and more "Forget about freeman"...I prefer flying solo and not having to worry about others...they get in the way and die too much.(Though won't happen since its about you and Alex)
More scary levels
I like the scary zombie forest idea...
Anything Valve thinks up is generally good...they know what their doing.

See now whilst I appreciate that you dont want to see the Hydra it is contained in the game, As such I did email valve a suggestion quite early into the development of AM saying...

"Even though the Hydra was removed because it wasnt fun I would still like to see the hydra in the game, Maybe we could see it taking out some troops but from a location were we can't interact with it?"

I mean it could just be one of those "Cool!" moments where you see something and like it!... similar to seeing the strider blow that building apart.

Yeah but every thing you see you get. They whouldent just put it in and have no intention to use it. That big fish, the Ichy thningy, are a spawnabule NPC and where supossed to be in game if i got it right.

Samon said:
Why the hell would Gman hire Alyx? Thats such an awful idea.

Well again, he might just snach her and make gordon work. Silly idea maybe but still more likely then him hireing her.

i wanna see more industrial radioactive wasteland, more zombies, something BIG, i want them vortigants fighting with me, at novaprospect you hear an anouncement saying "off world assignments" i wanna see these off worlds and i want it to be much longer than hl2 its way too short!

Back