Levels you'd like to see in AM

ríomhaire said:
I know this sounds odd but I want at least 1 crossover with HL2. (don't say the citadel please because the citadel is a big place and I mean you come across the exact same place again)

I agree. I loved the crossovers in Opposing Force.

Yeah, crossovers would be quite good, seeing the wreckage (how about the nexus building, or the remains of Black Mesa East?) and seeing the same people.

Redneck said:

I don't want any crossovers, what would be the point of that? I mean, that would be just a recycled hl2 level. I want to see a lot more action in the city and I'm sure that's exactly what I'm gonna get. A lot more strider battles between the collapsing buildings and of course some new sinths. Personally I would love it if the part where the citadel explodes is playable and you run with some sort of vehicle dodging debris left and right, running away from the incoming blast wave.
Like Samon said, the explosion is a bit overrated. And also, I don't care how fast Gordon and Alyx can run or drive, if the citadel it actually going nuclear and you're there, you can't *outrun* that explosion.
Yes, crossovers would be awesome. We got to see the trainstation again in Anticitizen One, I'd love to see an even more battered trainstation, or the nexus building. Seeing the more ruined parts of Black Mesa revisited were probably my favourite parts of Opposing Force btw.
I'd also like to see quickly put together rebel outposts, would be cool.
But from what I saw in that trailer, Ep 1 is going to kick total ass.

i think alyx and gordons excape from the explosion is gman related, not incredibly fast running rimmer. seriously, why would you post this? it's clear that they are transported away from the initial explosion.

also, the website says that it triggers a self destruct sequence in the citadel and that they have to get away BEFORE it explodes.

see?

I'd like to see a level, not necessarily in Ep1, etc. but maybe a mod or short plot diversion that sees the Gman screw up and send him to the wrong place instead. Aside from little mini-quests wherever Gordon turns up, the Gman can make several attempts at Gordon's relocation and consecutively send him the wrong way. That wouldn't be bad in Ep1, 2, whatever, but it's a bit cheesy, you must admit.

A dream state much like the one in Max Payne

Gman- "Your in a com-puter game.... Mr Freeman"

DEATH eVADER said:
A dream state much like the one in Max Payne

Gman- "Your in a com-puter game.... Mr Freeman"

Throw in a sentence or two that doesn't make any sense too, like this one from MGS2.

"I hear its amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"

It would be much better then.

:p

The end of episode 1 - [spoilers]

Gman: Gordon, would you like to go out with me?

Gordon: ...

Gman: I knew it! You're in love with the crowbar, aren't you? *cries*

i would like to see wide open street battles with striders and gunship.......... also some more interesting place mmmmm............like a ??? i don't know let valve do the thinking.

Personally, what I'd like to see in AM is remnants of an earth military. Like Russian or American military who went underground into fallout shelters and such bidding their time, waiting for the chance to strike. With the revolution they come rolling in. It'd add some new weapons and characters. They start taking in citizens and building larger forces building up the effort to take over other cities out there. Hell this is how Shepard can get into the story line, the Gman had him warn the military about the Combine invasion and they went underground, and now he's in command of them (but if Gman is in control of Shepard and Shepard controls the military the Gman controls the military). These are all idea I got while reading Raising the Bar (which I just got).

A chapter where you ride some type of futuristic motorcycle with Alyx would be great.. jetting past striders in the streets of c17.

special-ed said:
A chapter where you ride some type of futuristic motorcycle with Alyx would be great.. jetting past striders in the streets of c17.

A hoverbike? That was MY idea :sniper:

Dunno why but ill love to see Race-X and Vortigaunts Together on a Razor Train and Another full or Overwatch and Combine fighting.
Mainly i wanna see the Shock Trooper again... missem so much although i still play Opfor...

personally, i'd be pleased with any kind of level *except* those like Ravenholm. I absolutely hated the entire Ravenholm sequence. It really seemed to me to be a level that was just kinda placed in there between other levels as filler.

Rizzo89 said:
Some air level. Like commendering a dropship!

that would be pretty awesome -- i imagine it being similar to the cliff climbing sequence in HL1. Running around the airship while it's being over-run or trying to land. wow! that's a fantastic idea.

Back