lookatme! on o2 phone

Munro

ValveTime Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to remove this rubbish from my phone menu? I just got a new SE w910i contract phone from o2 and they've installed a few links on the media section to go to a lookatme! website :|

My trusty google seems to have failed me today so I've been forced you ask you knowledgeable people ;(

What section should it be in? :O

What section should it be in? :O

You're the Head Honcho. For all I care you could create an entire new forum branch with sub forums to further discuss the problem.

If it's similar to the w810i, it's probably in My Stuff... Web Pages... Bookmarks.

Wouldn't a hard reset of the phone remove the o2 crap?

You might have to "debrand" your phone to get rid of stuff like that...

Looked through every folder on the phone and memory... no luck and reset it all... still no luck :O This phone seems to be very stubbon...

My K800i has an O2 icon on the main menu, which contains some links to o2 stuff ... but its no trouble, since the icon next to it is the internet browser icon, which contains my own web links... if i got rid of the o2 icon, there'd be a gap in the menu.

I've had 3 XDA's in the past (o2 PDA phones) and they've all come bundled with a crappy o2 GUI, but a firmware reset took care of it every time.

Do you really need to get rid of those links? If so, you may need to flash-update the fone with an OS from sony ericsson (not the one from o2)

Have you tried searching for "reset SE w910i" or "factory settings SE w910i" or something like that?

I have another suggestion to try. Is this a link under My Links on the main page you get when you go to Media Net or outside of those? On mine, there are 2 seemingly undeletable ones at the top, then My Links and on the right an Edit. If you hit the right scroll thing you can get to it, down never selects it. If you select the Edit link it has a Move/Delete Links section and the links underneath - select one and there is a Remove option...

While we discuss cellphones, has anyone used the Nokia N95? I hear it's the best multimedia phone available these days.

If you leave it underwater for a few minutes, you won't see the shortcuts again.

Thanks guys... I think the only way to remove this crap is to take it down a shop and get it debranded and unlocked ;(

Back