Looking to buy a guitar

theotherguy

Reaction score
Well, I've had an aucoustic for a while, and I've been thinking about buying my first electric guitar. But I'm not quite sure what to choose! There are so many options out there, and I'm not sure what I want.

What, in your opinion, would be a good guitar for a beginner like me to get?

Just get a starter pack, like the ones that come with the 15 watt amp. Once you learn to play pretty decently, get an Ibanez :D

Get the gibson. I personally like squires better, but it's mostly because I like the headshape better :/

I have a guitar, it has 5 fret buttons, the wammy bar works well, though it slides down slowly at times, and the strum button works both ways!

Wait, you don't need a Guitar Hero guitar do ya?

I recommend squire for starting off. Then later you can get the mother of them all... Fender strato!

A pacifica (112 model is good) is a good starter. You can get them in packs with an amp too.....

Just get a starter pack, like the ones that come with the 15 watt amp. Once you learn to play pretty decently, get an Ibanez :D

QFT

I gave $300 for my Ibanez, and I've played 6-800 dollar guitars in the shops and what not, and to tell you the truch the sound, and feel of my Ibanez is unmatched IMO... They are a great brand, they have a broad price range (and they have starter packs too).

Not to mention they have wicked body styles :)

Gibson. Trust me, I got a Squier a while back and it put me off guitar for 3 months D:

They sound okay but lack distinction in that sound, and I feel that they are very poorly made. Even the expensive Ibanez guitars I've played have felt flimsy in comparison to a solid Epiphone or Fender (not bringing Gibson into this as they're kind of in a league of their own here, excluding the higher-end Fender guitars).

Really? I agree about the gibson, but fender, imo, is useless.. Unless you like twangy, southern rock/country sounds. I'm just not a fan of fender I guess. :O

I started with an Ibanez Gio, which I have had and still use after 3 years. It has served me well, but it's time is coming to an end. *sniff

oh right, its epiphone, the cheap cousin of gibson. In any case I have now tried both guitars, and heard my lead singer Chris Daily play on both of them, and I think I will get the epiphone SG.

thanks guys.

Really? I agree about the gibson, but fender, imo, is useless.. Unless you like twangy, southern rock/country sounds. I'm just not a fan of fender I guess. :O

Hendrix and Gilmour weren't exactly southern rock/country sounds. :p

IMO Ibanez is definately the best choice for metal, it delivers very good sound, very flexible tremelo arm and the pick-ups do make a large difference in the sound.

Some of the best guitarists in the world use Ibanez, including John Petrucci and Steve Vai

If I were going for warmth and tonality solely from the guitar, and no post processing or effects loops. I'd go for a PRS though... The one I played at the music shop I used to work at just sounded so creamy and beautifull.... and expensive.

I didnt like the gibson sg's they didn't play well enough (in the store) to justify the price. and PRS guitars also overpriced but good. Im gettin a schecter c1 plus now there's a good guitar 24 frets, pretty cheap, and plays great

Back