Magicka Competition - A Magic Recipe!

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
[br]We have 6 copies of Magicka to give away in this week's competition thanks to Arrowhead Game Studios. Magicka has been a top seller on Steam since it was released only 2 weeks ago. You play a wizard in a fantasy world with the ability to cast spells combining the elements, providing endless ways to bring down enemies. Hugely addictive and hilarious with 4 player co-op this is easily one of my favourite games of the year already![br]
For our competition we want you to magic up your own spells by combining the elements in your fridge and kitchen cupboards!
- Mix together at least 4 ingredients and make something highly original![br]- Make each ingredient represent an element (Water, Fire, Lighting, Earth, Cold, Shield, Arcane, or Life) and tell us what magical qualities your recipe will contain.[br]- You absolutely must post pictures of your creation AND taste it!
Post your entries or questions in the comments below, one entry per user, competition closes Saturday 12th February @ 11.59am GMT. Good luck!

Knowing some people, I'd recommend adding some warnings about not mixing all that bleach and ammonia in their fridges.

I will attempt this at some point, could we have some details on how loosely we can intepret an ingredient as representing an element?

Well yes I would hope people will take some care in not mixing their deadly nightshade with rat poison. If you have either of those things in your fridge, you're doing cooking wrong. Also please don't heat anything up if you don't know how to use an oven / grill / microwave etc. Get an adult to help you (hah!)

You can be loose on the element relating to the food - just give a reason for the connection.

"7 dead in internet forum video game contest disaster. Mysterious leader 'Munro' could not be reached for comment."

I will be entering this contest, and I know exactly what I'm going to make.

This is interesting but maybe I should stop entering these competitions until I have access to a PC that can actually run games again

nah.

Thanks Glenn for getting this up for me. See ya'll i can be serious :)

So I installed the demo, and when I tried to play, I got an error that said it could not find my graphics card... anyone else have this problem?

This is one hell of a game to play with friends. It took me back to those times when I'd play multiplayer PS2 and Xbox games. I'd write all the crap here but I kind of reviewed it on my site here so I'll just let you look there if you want to know more. The jist of it is really that it's fun as hell to play online since they put out a couple patches to optimize the online and fix some bugs. I laugh my ass off playing with my friends just because of the dumb shit that ends up happening.

Since I am a regionally renowned cook (a very small region limited to my apartment) I feel like I should attempt this just for fun. I'll have to investigate.

cant you make these contest more easier for me? like "your username must be rjmc to win"?

New update out tonight - fixes a host of issues!

Also RJMC, you could easily win with what goes on in your head.

Everyone will call me insane if I do this!
also, I can't cook at all

I can't WAIT to taste my concoction

:|

Well, I was going to make some chicken concoction that I rather enjoy, but I may be making my traditional cold remedy with this crap that I have caught.

Finally got the demo to work, definitely fun so far, controls take a while to get used to though.

Finally got the demo to work, definitely fun so far, controls take a while to get used to though.

The way that I've found is best for getting the hang of more complicated spells is to memorize the letters you press instead of thikning about the spell combations themselves. Then it sort of turns into touch typing instead of button pressing.

Personally I find it most difficult to remember which way I want to cast something... sometimes I'll blow myself up when I'm attempting to buff myself in some way or forward cast something I wanted to AOE. That's part of the fun though. Messing up can get frustrating after a while but you pretty much have to accept it as part of the game.

Thread over. ZT just won six copies of Magicka.

Well that was more entertaining than I had anticipated. I'm glad ZT will be able to join me in my Magicka endeavors... I'm still trying to remember what's in my refrigerizor that could even be combined without resulting explosions.

Well, here's my sorry ass attempt: It's the cold remedy I've been making heavy use of during the last couple days of school.

img1012hh.jpg

The advil on the plate represents life, as it kills pain and reduces fever.

The orange juice represents shield, since the vitamin C helps with general well-being.

The shot glass full of cough syrup represents arcane, for that extra kick against the cold.

The rockstar represents lightning, because of that extra jolt of energy.

Should be making my entry tonight. It's also a drink. Hopefully it won't have the magical power of making me throw up.

Well, here's my sorry ass attempt: It's the cold remedy I've been making heavy use of during the last couple days of school.

img1012hh.jpg

The advil on the plate represents life, as it kills pain and reduces fever.

The orange juice represents shield, since the vitamin C helps with general well-being.

The shot glass full of cough syrup represents arcane, for that extra kick against the cold.

The rockstar represents lightning, because of that extra jolt of energy.

What about the cereal? Do you mix them all together?

What about the cereal? Do you mix them all together?

Shoot the syrup, pop the pills, chug the juice, and follow with the drink at your leisure. Or blend them together with ice for a smoothie. Minus the pills of course, unless you can find adult strength liquid painkiller.

In the process of making my entry. Here's a video for you all to enjoy:
Official Making-of

(This is not my official entry, my official entry will be in picture form).

Well, certainly dispels the stereotypes that the Irish are heavy drinkers, huh?

If you have whiskey and you don't drink it as far as I'm concerned you're just a bad person.

I think it closed two hours ago but we don't even have six entries yet so I say go for it!

Back