Mandatory Circumcision

Besides for Jews, that's the whole reason that they have ever done circumcisions, isn't it? Or was it some kind of other disease non-sexually transmitted?

I know it was for disease prevention of some sorts.

I thought the tradition arouse from desert-living people who had sand and shit blow up there constantly, and it remained a tradition for jews and muslims and for some unknown reason it became common practice in America too.

I'm circumcised and I'd really this rather not become mandatory.

we should also burn witches, use sundials exclusively and text message each other with carrier pigeons ..... we should also forbid women from being anything other than housewives/goat herders certainly not [strike]doctors[/strike] leeches

thees

Personally I only like literal elephant penises

Ha ha ha. But in all seriousness! I don't think that an idea like the one in the OP could ever come to fruition, what with such a blatant infringement on civil liberties (to own a foreskin, the greatest civil liberty there is) and the dubious claims that circumcision prevents STDs.

Also I really don't like circumcision on babies unless it is medically necessary, and I'm a bit uncertain about my stance on allowing it for religious reasons mostly because I haven't thought about it much until right now right now, but my point is that I really do think it should be illegal to cut off part of a baby's penis for aesthetic purposes

You're a woman, who cares what you think.

I think it's more like a precaution so you don't get it stuck later in life. Sometimes it gets too small and like constricts your dick, I'd never wanna go through a circumcision at like 20..

I heard that you might have trouble pulling it back, but never really constricting the dick right? I mean come on, it's skin, and it's like... Stretchy?

idk, I'm actually pretty sure we've had this thread before and it happened to someone on here. I hear it just gets stuck on some people and they have to cut it, usually around the time they are like 13-18 or something like that.

I wouldn't risk it.

idk, I'm actually pretty sure we've had this thread before and it happened to someone on here. I hear it just gets stuck on some people and they have to cut it, usually around the time they are like 13-18 or something like that.

I wouldn't risk it.

That's hardly a good reason to cut off a lot of baby penis tips though. Most people don't get that. And out of those that do, not all of them need surgery because it can be stretched.

The very idea of mandatory circumcision is absurd when there are no genuine medical benefits and certainly no aesthetic benefits (I mean really, [ugh). It seems worth mentioning that the spread of circumcision in the US is largely wdown to certain campaigning medical professionals in the 19th century who believed that circumcision reduces the pleasure of masturbation, and that therefore should be practiced uniformly so as to reduce the incidence of this terrible sin. The 'health concerns' it was originally meant to combat were generally forms of masturbatory 'insanity', supposed mental disorders that inveterate wankers brought upon themselves. Lady masturbators were also often prescribed an excision of the clitoris.

As I say - a violation. When it's voluntary, however, well, I'm all in favour of more creative genital mutilation.

Spread of STD's should be stopped through better sexual education, something which USA lacks, not mandatory circumcision.

Spread of STD's should be stopped through better sexual education, something which USA lacks, not mandatory circumcision.

Agreed, that's something that should definitely be pursued.

"Don't have sex! But if you do that's too bad because we refuse to help tell you how to best protect yourself!"

Agreed, that's something that should definitely be pursued.

"Don't have sex! But if you do that's too bad because we refuse to help tell you how to best protect yourself!"

Our school perfectly told us how. A couple people came in and went over it, and while yes they were saying the best way to avoid it was to just abstain, they were still telling of alternatives(day after shit, all that **** half of it was for girls anyway).

Also I learned there are female condoms. Why had I not heard of this before?

Our school perfectly told us how. A couple people came in and went over it, and while yes they were saying the best way to avoid it was to just abstain, they were still telling of alternatives(day after shit, all that **** half of it was for girls anyway).

Also I learned there are female condoms. Why had I not heard of this before?

Well, you live in California.

Yay California, where the lockers got taken out from the halls because drugs!

Holy shit someone managed to start a debate about dick modification?

I wonder more and more every day why I stick around here.

Its like America does not know about condoms yet. /facepalm

-dodo

1. Cut
2. Shouldn't be mandatory
3. People shouldn't be judging the practice.

somebody take a "before and after" picture and post it.

Before:

alf.jpg

Holy shit someone managed to start a debate about dick modification?

I wonder more and more every day why I stick around here.

It isn't as much about dick modification being the central issue - it's about whether foreskin removal constitutes child abuse or not, et al.

1. Cut
2. Shouldn't be mandatory
3. People shouldn't be judging the practice.

People should be judging it, because it's a really dodgy practice. Cutting a piece of a baby's penis is just wrong. I don't care if adults do it, but no child should have his penis cut up like that.

People should be judging it, because it's a really dodgy practice. Cutting a piece of a baby's penis is just wrong. I don't care if adults do it, but no child should have his penis cut up like that.

Even if it was a health issue most kids don't have sex till their like 15 by which time they are able to make a decision for themselves. If they then want it done let them if not then I dunno use a condom.
The thing that annoys me the most about this topic is that the child inevitably has to live with the decision of the parents when they are more then able to make it for themselves.

If they then want it done let them if not then I dunno use a condom.
...and use a condom even if they do get cut...cmon this is a ****ing stupid arguement, CUT DOES NOT DETERMINE STDS' INVASION ABILITY.

...and use a condom even if they do get cut...cmon this is a ****ing stupid arguement, CUT DOES NOT DETERMINE STDS' INVASION ABILITY.

yeah that was kinda my point.. though i didn't make it very clear.

Jyyyyyealous?

Eh, if true, it's probably more like yeast infections, gonorrhea, and/or clamidia. It's not going to make a difference with shit like AIDS and crabs.

Basically, I don't know. I just don't see how a virus gives a shit too much, your penis has entered no mans land - the twilight zone. No sense worrying about the outer limits.

New Scientist published an article on this old debate a while ago. I'd paste it here, but their website isn't allowing me to see it in full, despite being a subscriber. Anyhow, the general THRUST of it was that there have been some quite convincing studies suggesting that circumcision can lower the risk of contracting all sorts of STDs, including AIDS. However, most of those studies have been called into question and there were other studies suggesting the exact opposite, so the jury is (or at least, should be) out.
For those of you wondering how on Earth circumcision protects against AIDS, I remember something about the inside of the foreskin being the weak point that HIV attacks for critical hit damage. It's surface isn't as impermeable as normal skin (due to thinness a lack of something (possibly keratin)), and the tissue contains a lot of white blood cells. Presumably these are to protect against infection, but HIV of course infects them as a host.

So there are some reasons. I have to say though, Doctor Nancy sounds like a bit of a smug bastard. It annoys me that she's so vehement about what this, to the point of snideness towards those who don't want to get their dicks cut up.

As for the ethics, I'm only mildly put of by the idea of mandatory circumcision at birth, seeing as most people here who've had it for medical reasons don't seem particularly bothered. I'd still vote against it if forced to decide of course, as the benefits of it are far from obvious.

NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN!!!!!

Yeah well... it's better we discuss it and debate it and raise awareness to it than having them just pass it through and make it mandatory.

Or would you rather just not talk about it and let them go ahead and do that... because this is an issue being discussed by medical professionals right now.

Yeah well... it's better we discuss it and debate it and raise awareness to it than having them just pass it through and make it mandatory.

Or would you rather just not talk about it and let them go ahead and do that... because this is an issue being discussed by medical professionals right now.
Well ok, I'll give a constructive opinion just because it's your thread Raz.
I predict it will degrade into another skin/skinless superiority war regardless though.

Anyways as far as being on topic goes, if it cuts down on disease, I don't see the problem.

Making it mandatory for social or religious purposes is retarded though imo.

Let the child decide when he comes of age, although it's more likely he'll remember the extremely painful procedure then rather than doing it during infancy. Some people will argue it's more humane to have it done during infancy than not doing it at all and waiting and that they actually believe they are doing the child a favor.

Well ok, I'll give a constructive opinion just because it's your thread Raz.
I predict it will degrade into another skin/skinless superiority war regardless though.

Anyways as far as being on topic goes, if it cuts down on disease, I don't see the problem.

Making it mandatory for social or religious purposes is retarded though imo.

Let the child decide when he comes of age, although it's more likely he'll remember the extremely painful procedure then rather than doing it during infancy.

There's lots of things we could do to cut down on disease. Forcing people to remove parts of their body to accomplish that is not a wise idea.

I have no issue with being circumcised, but I wouldn't wish it forced upon other people.

Let's leave people's inflamed appendix in too, make them take the pain, ****in pussies.

Back