Mandatory Circumcision

Raziaar

I Hate Custom Titles
Reaction score
Watching MSNBC... some new show called Doctor Nancy, and they're debating a topic about doctors supporting mandatory circumcision for prevention of infections and STDS.

How do you guys feel about that? I have a feeling if something like that catches on it would cause a major shitstorm here. I know how strongly people here feel about circumcision.

And no matter how I feel about it, I don't ever think it should be mandatory at all.

Found a whole blog devoted to it. :eek:

http://mandatorycircumcision.blogspot.com/2009/04/mandatory-circumcision-is-there.html

Mandatory Circumcision: Is There Anything as Worthless as a Foreskin?
Most Americans have never seen a foreskin in person, and that's obviously a good thing.

Is there anything quite as worthless -- or dangerous to public health -- as a foreskin? Anti-circ zealots go on and on about the sensitive sexual nerves in a foreskin, trying to make clean-cut males feel like they're missing something. Even though studies have demonstrated that circumcised males have lost nothing, sexually, by discarding this ugly piece of skin, the anti-circs try mighty hard to convince otherwise.

What is really lost in circumcision is a disease-attracting piece of tissue that harbors HIV, HPV, STDs, and all sorts of other diseases. The foreskin is a breeding ground in its moist, warm, smegma-producing skin that hides the penis. Once upon a time, when men ran naked through the jungles, perhaps the foreskin helped protect the penis. But that day is long gone. Today it serves no useful function that isn't outweighed by the danger that lurks within. I can think of no other body part that has outlived its value -- and has now become a contributing factor to so many ailments -- as the foreskin.

Take a good look at this foreskin. Don't you agree it's time to promote universal circumcision to protect every male, his partners, and society as a whole?

we should also burn witches, use sundials exclusively and text message each other with carrier pigeons ..... we should also forbid women from being anything other than housewives/goat herders certainly not [strike]doctors[/strike] leeches

Holy ****ing shit... Not another one of these god damn threads..

Everyone is different, you will only support whatever you've got (95% of humans anyways, there are always a few), so leave it at that, and **** off! Both are perfectly fine, and nothing wrong with either.

Holy ****ing shit... Not another one of these god damn threads..

Everyone is different, you will only support whatever you've got (95% of humans anyways, there are always a few), so leave it at that, and **** off! Both are perfectly fine, and nothing wrong with either.

I only brought it up because I heard it actually being discussed in the news as something wide and sweeping like it being absolutely mandatory.

I've never heard the disease prevention argument before. I didn't know that was an issue some people had.

And as I said, I don't at all support it being mandatory.

I just think it's ridiculous that they think they should try and change somebodies body simply to have an effect such as STD prevention.

Might as well take it one fraction further and call for mandatory penis removal and sewing up of vaginas. That will stop a SHIT load of STD transmissions!

I'm already cut so I don't care. Feels good man.

lol you checked didn't you, it DOES look like one does it!

And that whole post is you being defencive lmao.

so what? it's obvious by your reply. obviously you have a problem with being circumcised because I NEVER get defensive about being uncircumcised

He wasn't being defensive for his circumcision. He was being defensive towards the whole debate, the whole issue. It's dumb and it's been discussed so many times on this forum with none of them having any sort of conclusion.

Stop trying to pick fights. Do something productive at work.

I read that article, laughing as I did so.
Then I realised it was being serious.
This made me cry a little inside. Such ignorance is truly disheartening. =[

He wasn't being defensive for his circumcision. He was being defensive towards the whole debate, the whole issue. It's dumb and it's been discussed so many times on this forum with none of them having any sort of conclusion.

Stop trying to pick fights. Do something productive at work.

pick fights by jumping in and replying to someone's post that wasnt directed at you? YOU DONT SAY!!!

and this isnt that same circucision thread. it's a thread about mandatory forced circumcision for ALL newborn americans. this isnt an old topic or thread. I should know, I've made a few

I read that article, laughing as I did so.
Then I realised it was being serious.
This made me cry a little inside. Such ignorance is truly disheartening. =[

Wasn't an article. Was just stupid blog post I found on the situation.

Here's some articles.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/172019/why_circumcision_should_be_mandatory.html?cat=25

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/24/health/policy/24circumcision.html?_r=1&hp

The last one being the most recent.

Experts are also considering whether the surgery should be offered to adult heterosexual men whose sexual practices put them at high risk of infection. But they acknowledge that a circumcision drive in the United States would be unlikely to have a drastic impact: the procedure does not seem to protect those at greatest risk here, men who have sex with men.

Recently, studies showed that in African countries hit hard by AIDS, men who were circumcised reduced their infection risk by half. But the clinical trials in Africa focused on heterosexual men who are at risk of getting H.I.V. from infected female partners.

For now, the focus of public health officials in this country appears to be on making recommendations for newborns, a prevention strategy that would only pay off many years from now. Critics say it subjects baby boys to medically unnecessary surgery without their consent.

Ignorant idiots. What exactly makes a foreskin more prone to STDs? Last time I checked, if you don't wash your penis, whether you have a foreskin or not, you'll get the same result. Are there people out there too lazy to pull on your skin and wash under it?

This is the dumbest thing I have ever read, and it is doubtlessly written by someone who knows nothing about penises. They are not penii experts.

And I also made the thread because it's about a recent news story, not just some idle random debate like the past threads have been.

That's not the video, but it is a video by the Doctor Nancy person. The thing i watched was literally moments before I posted this thread.

Ignorant idiots. What exactly makes a foreskin more prone to STDs? Last time I checked, if you don't wash your penis, whether you have a foreskin or not, you'll get the same result. Are there people out there too lazy to pull on your skin and wash under it?

This is the dumbest thing I have ever read, and it is doubtlessly written by someone who knows nothing about penises. They are not penii experts.

Well, it's not exactly ignorance, since it's a bunch of medical professinonals backing this. Not just some pro circumcision people.

From what I heard on that Penn video, they said there's studies that support and support the opposite of this. ThereFORE, shoot the ******s supporting this mutilation as mandatory and be done with it. It's a ****ing choice and leave it at that.

Well, it's not exactly ignorance, since it's a bunch of medical professinonals backing this. Not just some pro circumcision people.
Medical professionals can be just as prone to bias and vested interests as anyone else. If America suddenly came to a collective realisation that circumcision was pointless, then a whole lot of parents and doctors would have to ask themselves some searching questions about just why they've been snipping little bits and pieces off their children's genitals. Not only that, but with the wonders of American healthcare these professionals get to charge money for the privilege of circumcision. No, far easier to cook up some half-baked rationalisation for it all.

As far as I'm aware, the STDs argument is hogwash. I found it to be an intriguing angle myself, until you examine the nitty gritty of the details. What circumcision proponents are saying is that if you have UNPROTECTED SEX with an STD-infected person, then the lack of a foreskin makes you very marginally less likely to catch something. What they are leaving out is the question - just WHO goes out to ride bareback on a hooker with herpes, banking on a tiny percentage chance that they won't get infected??

It also completely glosses over the issue that huge swathes of the population in Europe are uncircumcised, yet we enjoy a lower rate of HIV infection than America. Utter pigballs when you break it down.

but it works in butt**** idaho where 99% of the people are circumcised and the other 1% are just passing through

Should not be mandatory. That's silly, let it be the decision of the parents.

I don't think even the parents should get to decide. It should be up to an individual to make when he's old enough to know what it's about.

somebody take a "before and after" picture and post it.

Never heard the STD argumant before, doubt it's true.

Besides for Jews, that's the whole reason that they have ever done circumcisions, isn't it? Or was it some kind of other disease non-sexually transmitted?

I know it was for disease prevention of some sorts.

I'm cut, not when I was a baby, but later in life, needed it for medical reasons. It's really not any different, save in appearance (and no, its no more or less pleasurable). Never the less, **** the parents, it should be up to the individual in question.

No-one has the right to mutilate a childIf someone wants a circumcision, they can get one when they're an adult.

And for the record, I was circumcised for medical reasons.

i broke my leg and ended up with a circumcision for medical reasons

Once upon a time, when men ran naked through the jungles, perhaps the foreskin helped protect the penis. But that day is long gone. Today it serves no useful function that isn't outweighed by the danger that lurks within.
Hahaha.

Completely ironic, as it used to be the other way around--circumcision used to be useful to prevent infection before soap and bathing (think desert environment) became prolific. Circumcision was long ago rendered useless by an understanding of cleanliness; oh, somewhere around the Roman times.

lol

So if you guys are right, isn't this an example of why American health-care is pure shit?

"Snip your son's penis for $2000?" (Y/N)

One side of my family is jewish, so technically I'm jewish blood. However I am a devout atheist and I practice it religiously.

For this reason I was supposed to be circumcised, however my non-jewish side of my family didn't want it done and left wanted the decision to be left to me.

I am now well informed enough to know that circumcision offers little to no benefit healthwise, and certainly isn't going to save me from getting HIV or various STDs. Mutilation of the human body, when the individual is too young and vulnerable to make an informed decision. It's frankly a barbaric practice and shouldn't happen in a modern world. More of the planet isn't circumcised than is, and they're not getting struck down with foreskin harbouring AIDS.
So what?

You got an elephant trunk penis, enjoy it.
See if you look through this post, I see a major problem. That word: tradition...or custom / acceptance / familiarity / practice or ritual perhaps. A large majority of the US is circumcised and it has become the standard image for guys to be 'cut' to look normal.

The image apparently of an uncut gentleman is truly abhorrent to females and you'd be crazy to keep your elephant penis.

Being held to ransom by an overly image concious society by sacrificing skin from your genitalia? Lets keep jogging backwards, un-evolving is fun.

Being held to ransom by an overly image concious society by sacrificing skin from your genitalia? Lets keep jogging backwards, un-evolving is fun.
Personally I'm only attracted to females with their clits cut off and their vaginas sewn up. It's the only way a vag looks CIVILISED.

No-one has the right to mutilate a child. If someone wants a circumcision, they can get one when they're an adult.

I am uncircumcised and when I was younger and asked my mom about it she said exactly that.

So far, I have not decided to get one. :rolleyes:

One side of my family is jewish, so technically I'm jewish blood. However I am a devout atheist and I practice it religiously.

For this reason I was supposed to be circumcised, however my non-jewish side of my family didn't want it done and left wanted the decision to be left to me.

this is why they stealth snip baby's wee wees ..because they cant say no. if left to the individual how many adult men would agree? the overwelming response would be "hell no" and moyls around the world will be without a job

Back