Massachusetts Marijuana Law

It certainly couldn't have hurt. I don't know about the technicalities of the law down in the US, but here in Canada cops cannot search your car under pretty much any circumstance, including marijuana offences, without probable cause. If you say they can't search your car, pockets, or bag just because they ask to, that's that.

It certainly couldn't have hurt. I don't know about the technicalities of the law down in the US, but here in Canada cops cannot search your car under pretty much any circumstance, including marijuana offences, without probable cause. If you say they can't search your car, pockets, or bag just because they ask to, that's that.

I would agree he should have never agreed to the search. But if anyone thinks that would be the end of the story they have never dealt with a cop in this country. They would find many other clever ways to go on with the search (such as claiming your stuff was out in the open) or as a last resort bring in a dog. The only thing not agreeing to a search would have done is possibly helped you with your legal case down the road.

Back