Medic Achievement : Family Practice

U

Uberman

You know the achievement which you need to 'Ubercharge ten of your steam community friends'

I don't get it,do you have to Ubercharge a friend or ubercharge a guy in your group.

I have tried both,I ubered a friend,does not work.
I have ubered a group guy,does not work.
I ubered a group guy who is my friend,SAME THING!!!

WHAT TO DOOO!!!

Cheat.
I believe he is asking what the achievement means.

You know the achievement which you need to 'Ubercharge ten of your steam community friends'

I don't get it,do you have to Ubercharge a friend or ubercharge a guy in your group.

That's because you have to uber 10 of your friends.

You know the bug where after you do the achievement_unlock_all before it was patch.Then after it is patch right,does achievement which goes by counts like 50/50 for the Sawbone.I got 10/10 for the Family one.I kept ubering my friend..still nothing..

If your achievements are bugged, delete the following 2 files.

gamestate.txt

tf_gamestats.dat

How can I turst you,because I just need that achievement and I will complete the whole thing.

you have to uber 10 of your friends that are on your friends list. that means 10 people, not the same person 10 times.

I have ubered a group guy,does not work.
I ubered a group guy who is my friend,SAME THING!!!

WHAT TO DOOO!!!

Like others have said, have you ubered TEN of your steam community friends?

How can I turst you,because I just need that achievement and I will complete the whole thing.

Well, that's up to you :LOL:

Some of mine were bugged. It said I had 50/50 scout kills with the needle gun but I didn't and it was grayed out. Some other ones were bugged too. Somebody on another forum told me to delete those files. I tried it, and it worked. It didn't delete what achievements I already had, it just reset the ones that were bugged.

I tried this,it just reset "Does it hurt when I do this?,Doctor Assisted Homicide,FYI I'm a Medic and Family practice" which were all probably broken,and I didnt have very much of them anyway so its all good.

People in the same community group as you don't count as friends, do they?

I think I've just worked that out that hard way... Now I need some friends... Dammit...

I see we are all having problems with Medic Achievements, including me, my Autopsy Report doesnt work, I've done it loads of times but the achievement never comes up.

i've been randomly asking people in games to be my friend...one day we will all be in a game together!

Friends achievements are ****ing bullshit.

As long as they don't have too many I think they're a great idea. Encourages community use and doesn't afraid of anything

I definitely should have had that one by now, but it doesn't count up the ubers I do.

As long as they don't have too many I think they're a great idea. Encourages community use and doesn't afraid of anything

My online social life should not be a factor in unlocking game weapons. Not everybody uses Friends or even want to, let alone have ten or more people on their contact list. A Steam service shouldn't intrude so heavily into the actual game, particularly since it's not a measure of ability, effort, or time spent playing.

I didn't mind them strictly as achievements, but now that they actually count towards something, I'd appreciate it if Valve didn't try to force "Friends" on me. Half of the people on my list already are total unknowns who added me in order to get the "With Friends Like These" achievement, and now they sit there doing nothing. I'm probably never going to get it because I absolutely don't care to.

Communities will start up themselves. They don't need crap like this for incentive.

They're probably encouraging the start of more community events.

I definitely should have had that one by now, but it doesn't count up the ubers I do.

Same. I'm a bit stuck on 5/10, but it eventually counts a friend. I had to uber 3 friends for it to go from 4/10 to 5/10, for example. It's evil.

"As long as they don't have too many I think they're a great idea. Encourages community use and doesn't afraid of anything"

That's the problem. They add this sort of thing to make you use the community thing. And why do they have the community thing? So you have a group of players to exert peer pressure on you to play, and also to buy the next game when it comes out and they all move on to it. Valve knows what they're doing--they're building into their game the means to socially manipulate you into buying and using their products. It's really quite nefarious when you see what lies beneath.

"As long as they don't have too many I think they're a great idea. Encourages community use and doesn't afraid of anything"

That's the problem. They add this sort of thing to make you use the community thing. And why do they have the community thing? So you have a group of players to exert peer pressure on you to play, and also to buy the next game when it comes out and they all move on to it. Valve knows what they're doing--they're building into their game the means to socially manipulate you into buying and using their products. It's really quite nefarious when you see what lies beneath.

Nefarious Valve, trying to connect a community of social rejects. Damn them!

Back on topic:

Robin Walker to me

show details 9:46 AM (21 hours ago)

Hi Steven.

The Family Practice achievement has a bug in it, and we’ll be shipping a fix for it soon. You’re the first to report an issue with Autoclave though, so we’ll take a look at it and see if we can spot any problems.

Robin.

Nefarious Valve, trying to connect a community of social rejects. Damn them!

It's hardly that. The social rejects tend to connect themselves online on their own, ad nauseum.

Rest assured, the Steam Community is a marketing ploy and not a feature they built with our best intentions. Never assume the best of any corporation, even if they are of the type that provide you with shiny shooting things.

Back on topic:

Well that's good. I got Family Practice just by perseverance, I guess. Autoclave certainly seemed bugged to me for a bit. I have it, but I don't remember actually getting it. Must have not been paying attention.

I see we are all having problems with Medic Achievements, including me, my Autopsy Report doesnt work, I've done it loads of times but the achievement never comes up.

Hmm for me it worked first time I tried, are u sure u are close enough to their dead body when u press g? It might also be a timing thing.

It's hardly that. The social rejects tend to connect themselves online on their own, ad nauseum.

Rest assured, the Steam Community is a marketing ploy and not a feature they built with our best intentions. Never assume the best of any corporation, even if they are of the type that provide you with shiny shooting things.

*gasp* A company is trying to make monies!?

Steam Friends wasn't developed to put pressure on gamers to buy new products. It was developed to make Steam a more accessible and functional program, an all-in-one. Yes, they did it so players would play games on Steam. Yes, they actually want to make money instead of handing it out.

Any pressure you feel for buying new games is entirely of your own design. Steam Friends allows people to see what games their friends are playing.

Friends achievements are put there to encourage friends to play together or to befriend others. You don't need the achievements to continue playing- infact, you can ignore them altogether and very little will change. That's just how it is- anything other than that is just a product of your imagination.

Wow, defending underhanded corporate strategies. That'll get you far in life. In the wrong direction, of course, but hey, it's progress, right?

Right?. . .

Wow, defending underhanded corporate strategies. That'll get you far in life. In the wrong direction, of course, but hey, it's progress, right?

Right?. . .

I'm defending logic and reason because you seem to be attacking it so ignorantly.

Oh, of course. . .your reply was *so* logical and rational. Pffttt. . .get away, small-minded child.

Friends achievements are put there to encourage friends to play together or to befriend others. You don't need the achievements to continue playing- infact, you can ignore them altogether and very little will change. That's just how it is- anything other than that is just a product of your imagination.

That is no longer the case now that they are tied to unlockable weapons. I fully intend to get every achievement for the ubersaw. There are thousands of other players who are or will eventually try the same. But I won't be able to quite nab it unless I participate in this unnecessary social networking bullshit.

I have no want to use their Friends service, an extension of Steam which I view strictly as a convenience. When I load up Steam, it's to play games. I already have IM programs and message boards for my online social life. And I really don't have too bad a time playing on public servers with strangers.

They can keep the achievements, if they want. And I see nothing wrong with still having them contribute towards unlockables. After all, it wouldn't be fair to reneg their value on players who have already earned them. But Valve should at least add two more achievements while keeping the amounts required for the weapons the same. That way I don't have their optional service forced onto me. While that may be directly beneficial to them, it does irk me as a customer.

Oh wow, can someone please say spoiled little brat? The unlockables are not a REQUIRED ADDITION TO TF2. In fact, they gave it to PC owners for free. They gave it to you for absolutely nothing. You went on with your pretty little day and they gave you something you don't ever have to use or want. You payed $20 for TF2 (less if you purchased the Orange Box). You payed for the original game, the original version, with the original weapons. Valve gave you updates for free. Valve gave you the achievements and unlockables for free. You can't possibly whine about that without sounding like a total and utter twat.

Newsflash: thousands of people love Steam Community and use it very often, and I see no reason to downright blame Valve because your achievements are hard to get. BAWWW you fvcking plonkers. Go join an achievement server if Valve so deeply offended your delicate sensibilities.

As a note, Steam is a service you're forced to use if you want to play TF2. Steam Friends is simply a feature of that service. If you whine about Steam Friends then you invariably have to whine about Steam. If you moan and groan about Steam perhaps you should also bitch about any other multiplayer game made IN THE HISTORY OF FVCKING MAN. I'm looking at you, Gamespy, WON, Battle.net, and any other service that functions as mediator between players.

I suspect Ubermensch is either a troll, an idiot, or simply a jackass. Perhaps all three in one little bannable package.

Steam is a platform I use to play my games on. I don't expect it invade actual game content. Seeing as how TF2 is not a game that requires in-depth social participation for instance like endgame content in WoW, using the Friends service is not a requirement. If it is not essential or remotely required to play, then why push it on players?

It's not compulsory to play the game. But it is if you want to progress. And while you may argue that I can't object to these blockades on the grounds that the content is free, I still say it should nonetheless remain functionally separate from the titles I play, unless their actual game concepts justify their requirements.

It's not compulsory to play the game. But it is if you want to progress.

It's not a progression- the unlocks aren't objectively superior to their originals. Even if they were, it's really not hard to do these achievements. Perhaps maybe if you were required to organize a group of 23 friends on a server and do something extraordinarily difficult then you'd have a strong case. But right now your case is exceptionally weak.

All I see here is an antisocial, anti-Myspace zealot holding his nose up to the rest of the "sheep".

Absinthe my Steam user name is Pesh - you can find me in the HL2net chat right now. There are also always friendly and fun people joining chat and they most all wouldn't mind at all befriending you.

Practicaly everything Pesh has said here I agree with.
You don't have to use friends or anything else related to the Steam Community if you don't want to, as the achievments aren't required.
If you think it's so bad that you have to get them for the new weapons then go onto an achivement server. Geeze.

It may be antisocial, but I don't really care seeing as how I don't think one's social life (on or offline) should be a factor in what I can or can't unlock. The game has zero reason to address it. And cordoning off game content based on some irrelevant statistic like the number of people on my contact list is unnecessary and intrusive. While Valve may be fully within their right to make such decisions, that doesn't make it any less crappy. Every other achievement has its premise justified in-game. Even the "asshat" ones like ubering scouts can have their situational advantages and encourage exploration of the class. The Friends achievements are almost completely unrelated and function more as express advertisements for a service that has nothing specifically to do with the game. They only exist to bolster Steam's community; something I don't think requires this kind of proactive encouragement from Valve.

I don't like cheesing achievements or working around the system. I like to earn my rewards legitimately. And while this may just amount to an inconvenience, I don't see why they should be there in the first place. Antisocial? Fine, you betcha. I don't care. I spend 70% of my time on fast spawn 2fort servers with strangers because that's what I like. I load up TF2 to play a game just the same way I would any single player one.

If Valve wants to keep going with them, it's not like I'm gonna quit the game. But they're still annoying. If I use Friends, I'd prefer to do so with the actual intent of making contacts, not to merely fulfill a bogus requirement.

Back