Metal Gear Fans-Peace Walker Thoughts

SnakeTheLegend

Vortigaunt
Reaction score
As you can see I am a huge fan of the Metal Gear Solid Series, it is probably my favorite series of all time. Okay I know we are on a half-life fan site, but I regard the half-life series as my favorite FPS. I just wanted to ask is there anybody on here looking forward to peace walker as much as me? I have some doubts concerning some of the metal gear designs,which look a little too futuristic, especially the flying one seen in many trailers. I'm just very interested in what the half-life 2.net community feels on this one.

I wouldn't call Metal Gear Solid my favorite series of all time but it's definitely one of my most enjoyed ones.

I'm looking forward to Peace Walker, gives me an excuse to dust off my PSP.

Also, the lolicon dating game you can unlock in Peace Walker is ****ing hilarious

You get extra missions after beating the game where you can date several characters in the game, one being the 16 year old(though substantially younger looking) girl who's a support character in the game.

Another being Kaz, a male blonde with sunglasses and bananahammocks.

so thats where yakuza 3's cut content went :p

i'll probly get this game but not till later. I aint happy about this being such a big game in the series but also a psp game.

Posting in a Peace Walker thread to say HEAVEN'S DIVIDE IS THE BEST SONG EVER

heaven's divide? I've never heard of it better check it out...

*youtubes song*

ZOMG! THAT'S AMAZIN!!!

Can't wait. My only dilemma is whether to get the physical copy or download. On one hand, there's the convenience or the download, the lower battery usage and likely lower cost. On the other hand, not owning a physical copy of a Metal Gear game feels wrong. What am I gonna read while I take an excited poop before turning on the game? The digital instruction manual? I think not.

calling to the night is still better darkside

ALSO I WISH I HAD A PSP FFFFF

I'm definitely getting this, actually this why I'm getting a new PSP and I also bought Peace Walker themed t-shirt...

dont have psp so didnt even playe portable ops

calling to the night is still better darkside
No. NO.

Nothing is better than this song. This is Big Boss's feelings toward the Boss, in song form. How can anything be better than this:

Time will come to softly lay me down
Then I can see her face that I long to see
And for you, only you I would give anything

God damn that is truly epic in every sense of the word.

And Calling to the Night deals with his motivations for fighting. Which directly affects the events of Peace Walker.

'n stuff.

They're both great songs though and I love them both.

I need a ****ing PSP.

My favourite thing about the game is that you're BUILDING ****ING OUTER HEAVEN.

That just gives me the chills.

So, which Metal Gear games have you guys finished anyhow?

I've only ever finished MGS1(PSX), MGS2(Regular not Substance), MGS3(Regular and Subsistence), MGS4 and MGS:portable Ops.

I've never bothered with the Acid games, nor did I ever bother to finish Metal Gear 1 and 2.

I still consider myself to be a pretty major fan though, though I've run into elitists that argue that you're not a proper fan unless you've played every single Metal Gear title released.

Actually, I think I also finished that Ghost Babel game or whatever for the Game Boy.

Played and finished all of them except the spin offs.

MGS4 being the worst of them all.

I still consider myself to be a pretty major fan though, though I've run into elitists that argue that you're not a proper fan unless you've played every single Metal Gear title released.

Yeah but you always get ****wit elitists like that who try to pretend they're better than others just cos they cant get laid....what? Its true

Anyway i've played:
MGS
MGS 2
MGS 3
MGS 4

just the main stuff, dont make me any less of a fan though ;)

I've played all the numbered ones. I don't have a PSP any more so I unless I can get one really cheap somewhere (like less than €50) I'll not be playing this. Also the Boss is a moron and there was a massive smile on my face when I shot her.

I've played all the numbered ones. I don't have a PSP any more so I unless I can get one really cheap somewhere (like less than €50) I'll not be playing this. Also the Boss is a moron and there was a massive smile on my face when I shot her.

You are a terrible person.

SHE IS THE HERO NO ONE WILL REMEMBER.

SnakeTheLegend, you never told me which Metal Gear games you've finished, I demand answers!

I loved Way to Fall.

The guys who did Way to Fall actually got in contact with Kojima and crew through a mix-up. One of Kojima's colleagues recommended him to listen to stellastarr*, but Kojima misheard it as "Starsailor". He ended up liking Starsailor so much that he instead hired them to do the ending theme.

A useless piece of MGS3 trivia, I know, but I couldn't resist.

Gargantou, the games I have finished are metal gear 2: solid snake, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear solid 3: Snake Eater, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Metal gear solid portable ops. I never beat the original Metal Gear or the the one for gameboy, I believe I'm stuck at some certain spot in both games i cant get past. I've have both ACID games for PSP but don't really care for them that much, so I never beat them. I gave them a chance but they just didn't do it for me. I love the series to death, could talk about it for hours. OH AND YES I FORGOT ABOUT WAY TO FALL, EXCELLENT SONG. The whole ending scene in MGS3 brings me to tears, the mood and music of the ending is perfect.

Yeah, the ending in MGS3 is definitely one of my favorite video-game endings of all time.

It will be interesting to see how MGS: Rising turns out.

Indeed what has me perplexed though is that if it is a sequel or prequel? Hardly any updates or news has appeared for Rising. Peace Walker has taken up all the press!

My hope is prequel, would be interesting to see what Raiden was up to in the years after MGS2.

ya I am also hoping its a prequel also, it would only make sense. Or maybe at the last minute they will pull the rug from under us and decide that it wont be cannon and will be just some Raiden spin-off. Peace Walker is almost upon us. I'm going to be looking forward to to all of u guys reviews.

****ing wasted on the PSP, BUT we might be getting on PSN.....

Anyone else think the next thing Hideo will come out with is a 3D remake of Metal Gear? I don't think he's ever going to stop milking this series.

Anyone else think the next thing Hideo will come out with is a 3D remake of Metal Gear? I don't think he's ever going to stop milking this series.

Too bad it's not up to him to 'milk the series', he is threatened into making these games.

I have no doubt he does get those reported death threats, but I find it hard to believe their are his main motivation for continuing to make Metal Gear games, especially when he's making two simultaneously.

Can anyone confirm or deny yet (in spoilers) if The Boss is still alive?

How can you not like a game where you can take naughty photos of girls? Kojima is a genius!

1624px4.jpg

Back