MGS4 gameplay footage

Some of the animations (i.e. the soldiers) are a bit unimpressive, but their most likely just placeholders.

Awesome. Loke, you always have the best scoops and I love it!!

Really wanted to see more environments, but gameplay will do--and it looks incredible!!! Controlling the little robot and electrocuting enemies? Oh yeah!! :thumbs:

That was painfully unimpressive.

lol @ the barrel thing and those mechs still freaking suck.

It's likely if you didn't like the other MGS games, you won't like this one.

The part in the crater blew me away. Sneaking up, then rolling over and throwing the greande... wow. Never done that in a game before, which is what I like to see, new stuff. Yay for Hideo! This is still why I'm getting a PS3.

There were a few points in that game where you just saw the massive limitations with using a controller over a keyboard and mouse, especially when in iron sight mode.

I wonder if they'll let you see more than 5ft infront of you this time without having to stop for a first-person view every 5 seconds.

MGS3 felt so old when I played it. The game mechanics just didn't work anymore.

I'm not impressed at all. I'll probably still buy it though, the whore that I am.

I thought it looked pretty homo.

Looks absolutely amazing, can't wait for direct feed. Judging by the way I feel about the current MGS games and how improved this one looks ... it will probably be the best game ever made. Not to mention the setting/story have a ton of potential.

The fact is that this game does look impressive, and saying otherwise is just denial. There are many games I'm not particularly interested in or don't like but that doesn't mean that I can't respect what they've accomplished (for instance Oblivion).

And to the guy who said how much better it would be with a keyboard/mouse, you're kidding right? I mean seriously, because if you aren't then damn. There are some games which the keyboard/mouse combo is just vastly inferior to a controller, and this is one of them.

The fact is that this game does look impressive, and saying otherwise is just denial.

Nope. Not really.

I'll admit I may be biased due to the fact that previous games have left a serious sour taste in my mouth. But unless I pick up the controller and feel the Holy Ghost course through the wire and into my hands, I'll maintain my stance.

Umm I couldn't tell what was gameplay and what wasn't...cept for a few bits. Those were just two compilations of gameplay and cut-scenes right?

I've never played any MGS games, but I want to at some point...
The only thing I thought was lame in that video were some of the animations, which better be placeholders, or else! *shakes fist*

I've never played any MGS games, but I want to at some point...
The only thing I thought was lame in that video were some of the animations, which better be placeholders, or else! *shakes fist*

I doubt it. The MGS series (sans the first game) has always had very fluid, excellent animation in their cutscenes, but been incredibly stiff and stale during actual gameplay.

Ok, i saw very little gameplay footage. Most of what i saw looked like cutscenes, and i know that one would be able to play that game with that many angle changes in a few seconds. That'd be ridiculous.

And what i did see of gameplay, looked really.......average.

Love MGS, don't think I'll buy the PS3 though. Guess someone will have to lend me :p. Although I did buy the PSP for MGS portable ops.

What they should've done is just show cohesive gameplay from the same angles we'll be seeing rather than bits and pieces from cinematic angles.

I always thought animation in-game for MGS games was good. I guess I didn't look closely enough at these.

What they should've done is just show cohesive gameplay from the same angles we'll be seeing rather than bits and pieces from cinematic angles.

Exactly. Cause now i have no idea what to expect if i play the game.

Nope. Not really.

I'll admit I may be biased due to the fact that previous games have left a serious sour taste in my mouth. But unless I pick up the controller and feel the Holy Ghost course through the wire and into my hands, I'll maintain my stance.

I think that's setting the bar a little high. Like I said, you don't have to like it, but to deny what it's accomplishing in terms of gameplay, story, cut scenes ... and if nothing else graphics ... I just don't get that. It is and impressive game. Oblivion is an impressive game, even though I personally hate it.

Right, your opinion == fact and all of ours are wrong.. can opinions even be wrong ?

Idiot. :|

My opinion is better than yours.

I think that's setting the bar a little high. Like I said, you don't have to like it, but to deny what it's accomplishing in terms of gameplay, story, cut scenes ... and if nothing else graphics ... I just don't get that. It is and impressive game. Oblivion is an impressive game, even though I personally hate it.

Thing is, I'm not seeing what it's accomplishing in terms of gameplay, story, or cutscenes. That is except for what's already been accomplished previously in the series. Graphics, sure. But that doesn't amount to much for me. Ditto for cutscenes.

The only thing that I could concievably find impressive is that it's "ZOMG MGS4", which pretty much needs me being a fan as a prerequisite.

I wasn't all too impressed but I look forward to it none the less, and knowing Kojima and the studio, it probably won't be out until November 2k7, and that leaves them one more TGS.:) What I think they should deff. do, is release some "explainatory" videos like they did with MGS3 for example, that shows you actual gameplay and how atleast some new 'features' work.:)
I'm deff. not getting a PS3 for just this, but my bro probably will so.:D

that looked f**king awesome. its cool enough to buy a PS3 just for this game, that would make this game worth 700 euro's... yeah!

-dodo

Looking good - silent take downs and barrel rolling ftw :)

No. 2 and 3 in the series didn't match the orignal for me, and i'm hoping this will be a return to form. That little robot looks like the most annoying character since Jar Jar Binks, though, and I wasn't too keen on the mech strider things with the transvestite legs either.

I probably wouldn't pick up a ps3 for this, but, like with DMC4, will definately get it at some point.

Ok, I was pretty much sold already but that ending made me want it now.

Back