Minecraft = Love

Ravioli

Microboner
Reaction score
logovs.gif

Anyone here play minecraft? I know Acepilot made a thread a while back but i dont think people really understood what they were missing out on. The game is currently in alpha but is very entertaining. You can try the free version on the website, but its missing all the important features that makes the game more fun.

So what is minecraft? Well, you mine, farm, collect resources/materials/food, build stuff, fight stuff, forge tools and weapons, and explore an INFINITE (yes, i said infinite) world of landscapes, oceans, and caves. I gave in to the pressure and bought it, and ive spent the last 3 days just digging, building, and smelting shit. The Infdef mode is ridiculously addictive. Shit will be crazy when its available in multiplayer.

Heres a video of my secret underground lava mansion of DOOM:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpkFOUwLfBw

Buyan
Buildan
Screenshotan
Postan
Discussan

I love it so much. I really want to play it more but my laptop can't run it for shit, even on all low.

Once multiplayer comes out I'm gonna ****ing drag my PC to my house god damnit.

Mi amigo is really into this game and he showed me some of it and it seems really cool. I'll have to really try it some time.

/me reconstructs the entire LOST island

I haven't even played it and I'm already tired of it.

Minecraft general
Monster Hunter general
Pokemon general
Oblivion general
Steam giftan

Seen some pretty impressive things done in it so I have to admit it has peaked my interest a couple of times. Might check it out when/if theres some RCs out.

Looks dull and mostly uninteresting except for people who enjoyed their LEGOs far too much.

I only came in here to have me self a mosey and that bleeming title caught my eye, dont you mean Minecraft = Lovecraft?

Looks dull and mostly uninteresting except for people who enjoyed their LEGOs far too much.

People say that till they play it.

Also **** you legos were amazing

I've been playing the free single player creation game to give it a test. I'm so hooked on it, but I have to tell myself to quit, because i'm not allowed to save my game. I'll probably end up buying it next paycheck.

Same as Hokey, I'm just worried about getting another massive timesink.

Have a hard time enough getting through my backlog as it is.

I hope that if I do get it, that they plan to add seasons etc in the future so that I can watch time come and go, watch the oceans be turned into ice and stuff, and build massive ice fortresses that melt in the summer.

trying this now, I love the idea of being able to build underground.

Infiniminer/infinifortress. Superior.

made an impulse buy on this. looks like i could spend so much time on it.

edit: hmm not working atm...go to load it up and just get a black screen.

edit 2: what's the most fun mode to play in? i would play infdev but I'm not completely sure what to do, is the point just to build a base without dying to monsters?

Just tried it.
It is boring, all you do is build shit and get stuck in bottomless pits in zombie mode.

Maybe when(if) they let the public try the other game modes I'll give it another try.

never had lego as a child ^

I did have lego! :(

Played with the Star Wars and Castle sets.

HOLY SHIT. I honestly was planning to make a thread about this. I've been playing this game for a whole year and even got premium but I wondered how to introduce it to halflife2.net. Thank you Ravioli.

You know, if we can get enough people from this site to play multiplayer, we could make our own server.

First thing I did was build a small house. It was awesome. Complete with a basement and second upstairs floor.

Then I dug a tunne into the basement and my house flooded with water. :(

Hokey, have you tried building a roller coaster? To make minecarts you need 5 iron ingots in a u shape and to make tracks you need 6 ingots and one stick in an H shape. I've made a whole set of stations going around my island, with different stops for areas of importance.

ALSO: a link to the creator of Minecraft's blog:

No, I don't have the full version, so for the time being, i've just been building small things in the free version (I don't think it'll let your build tracks and stuff). I'm going to wait until I purchase the full version before I dedicate my time to doing something big. No save feature is such a tease.

Oh, my bad. Well, if anything it's something to look forward to. :D

Yeah, the site is down for a few hours. Notch (the creator) is fixing it.

EDIT: The ironic thing is that he was working on a standalone client for the game when this happened later. If he'd been done by now, nobody would've been worrying about the site being down

Notch is apparently Swedish and comes from the same city as me.

That alone makes this game that much more awesome.

Sadly heading out to my summer house in a few days with no comp or internets, will probably buy the game after I return though.

I reallllly hope he releases offline client before the 8th, cuz il be without internet for a whole month when i travel around. Would be awesome to play on a laptop while chillin on the beach. Hot girl walks by "ooo hes playing minecraft, thats so hot i want to suck his dick" and il be all like "yeah bitch"

Probably wont go like that, but im quite optimistic.

Well I've heard Italian women are promiscuous sluts so I wouldn't be surprised.

The problem is il be in Spain, and Spanish women are nuthin but hoes n tricks.

I just bought it since it was cheap. I like anything with crafting like Wurm or A Tale in the Desert.

I love the amount of space you get to work with. Above ground, underground, etc. So awesome.

This is so cool, playing infdev atm. managed to make myself a wee base inside a natural cave which i shaped into something quite cosy :)

put some torches up, put a door on the front so nasties can't get in. I might have to start digging down now.

It's epic when you're digging underground and you break into a huge cavern.

I would totally buy this if the price was just a bit lower. The concept looks really cool, but being new to these sorts of games its hard to tell how long I would play it for.

Are there limits on how deep you can dig and how high you can build? And if so what are they?

If you keep digging down, you'll eventually hit lava (sometimes the lava is higher that the bottom so you can go even further down), but it's pretty deep. I'd say a couple hundred feet. Same going up. This is just from the free single player creation mode. I don't know if the same applies to the full version.

Yeah it does. If you dig really deep you will either hit lava, or bedrock.

Fair enough, what's the upper vertical limit? in terms of blocks? If anyone knows..

Just trying to get a sense of how high skyscrapers I could handbuild.

I haven't really experimented with that myself, been up some pretty high mountains above the clouds though.

Back