More fps in l4d

Well, depending on what card you get, you will have to get a certain type of ram(memory). For example, the 9500 GT I mentioned earlier requires DDR2 RAM, so you will have to get a whole new set of RAM if you don't already have DDR2(which is fairly common).

ermm no...

maybe a graphics card that could maybe play crysis or far cry 2 with maybe high or medium settings below 500 dollars pls

There are almost no consumer cards over 500$ to my knowledge.

well i was actually thinking of the nvidia gtx 295 which i think maybe the best graphic card yet
but which one i better gtx or 9500gt?thats the problem i want to play high-performance games such as crysis,devil may cry 4,left 4 dead 2,far cry 2,crysis warhead and definitely team fortress 2
9500gt can handle all this games at around high?

I have some real advice: try turning down the resolution size and turning on 'Windowed Mode.' The amount of video memory you have effects how fast you can run games on higher resolutions. Turning to 'Windowed Mode' is great for video cards that have lower memory or just plan suck.

ATI Radeon HD 5870 is the best i know of. $440 though. Don't get it.

captain m4d i tried that i still lag and also i dun have lack of memory cos i have 384 mb vram
any good in the gtx295?

ok i get it but is the gtx295 any good?
or can the nvidia 8400gs play left 4 dead?

i want to play high-performance games such as crysis,devil may cry 4,left 4 dead 2,far cry 2,crysis warhead and definitely team fortress 2
No you don't.

You have no use for a card that plays those games. You will never play them. Honestly most people use those for benchmarking(testing how good your system is).Seriously, get the 9500 GT. Please.

It at most will mean the game was able to be launched. You'll probably be playing it as a slideshow in reality.

ok the 9500gt works and i think theres a hardware store that actually sells a card that has gt in it some 2004 edition thingy anyway i heard that far cry 2 works on the g31/g33 as seen here:http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intelg33/sb/CS-030531.htm
dude that crazy!!!
is it possible???

Not playable.

And GT doesn't mean good, and I'm pretty sure a card from 2004 won't run L4D properly. Just get a 9500GT, or an Radeon 4650/4670 as a alternative. If your local store doesn't have one order it online.

Well if you want smooth performance, I'd go with the memory printed on the card box. It's not required, but it provides best performance.

no, my point was the memory on the video card and your system memory have no relation to each other. They are both separate and dont need to be compatible.

lol well actually my integrated one shares memory with my ram lol
guys this is probably a stupid question but will team fortress 2 play on an x300 radeon?
cos my school has a com that has that card
and also how much is a 9500gt?and will sli work on my system?
1 more thing erm i might as well try far cry 2 on my com cos if it says that it can play far cry 2 but has low fps,then they would put something like Details beside the game title
and the link would lead to something like this:http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intelg33/sb/CS-030545.htm
and they would say something like:F.E.A.R.* game is playable on the Intel® G33 Express Chipset, but slow or choppiness may be seen during gameplay due to low frame rate or frames per second. Individual game experience may vary depending on the game application's version and the computer's configuration.
so ill try it anyway

no, my point was the memory on the video card and your system memory have no relation to each other. They are both separate and dont need to be compatible.
Yes, but some cards are not compatible with certain types of memory.

hehe so are the parts compatible?
and can i play far cry 2?

Yes, but some cards are not compatible with certain types of memory.

have never heard of card that had an issue with it. also aqil02 look into buying at least ddr2 800 ram, dont go for something that is on par with ddr1.

erm but that is ddr2
and is the gfx card good enough to play far cry 2?
and also is my psu good enough to even support the gfx card?
if yes
that means i jus got a computer good enough to play far cry 2 under 400 dollars XD

erm but that is ddr2
and is the gfx card good enough to play far cry 2?
and also is my psu good enough to even support the gfx card?
if yes
that means i jus got a computer good enough to play far cry 2 under 400 dollars XD

Yes its ddr2 but its the same speed as the ddr1 counterpart(pc 3200), you want an upgrade right?
Yes, your psu is more then enough to power that card.
I would still recommend spending more on memory ddr2 800(pc 4200), it will still work for you but memory isn't that exspensive anyway.
Your board and cpu are not compatible, you either need to look for a an lga 775 cpu(core 2 duo, etc.) or look for an AM3 board for that athalon.

ok i was just randomly choosing cheap stuff without realizing hehehe thx for warning me
so erm i have to look for say an intel board with an intel cpu or amd board with and amd cpu isit?

Expensive, ha! If you bought a prebuilt it would probably be at least twice as much as if you built it yourself.

Please pay attention:

THERE IS NO "FPS CONFIG". WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR DOES NOT EXIST. I AM SORRY. FPS DIRECTLY REFLECTS COMPUTER PERFORMANCE, AND NO "CONFIG" WILL IMPROVE YOU COMPUTER'S GAMING PERFORMANCE. SORRY.

High fps gaming configs do exist.

1.In the launch options for L4D type "-dxlevel 80" (Of course without the quotes.
2.Turn your graphics options down to the lowest
3.If you have a dual core processor, in L4d go to options>Video>Multicore rendering >enabled
4.Close all other programs while running L4D
5.Make the window smaller (Not full screen)

If you did ALL of these steps, you should get around 40 - 100 fps.

If not... upgrade or get a new computer.

what windows are you running xp or vista? if its vista then getting rid of that could solve a ton of issues, I recently moved to 7 and my games run so gd now :) however my old pc in my spare room built in 2005 does slow up sometimes on l4d :( so these guys are probably right u mite be looking at a new pc, however try defragging drive C install xp or 7 if u are on vista? and get rid of as many background tasks running as possible :) mite help :/

Gotcha, noticed it afterward. But just in case anyone else needs it.:smoking:

I doubt anybody runs that bad of a computer who's a regular user here.
I hope you stay, you seem like a nice guy (bar the smileys)

Back