More fps in l4d

aqil02

Reaction score
Guys anyone have suggestions for higher fps in left 4 dead 1(not 2)
tried all fps configs on the net They all slowed me down even more
any commands?
erm modifications?
Pls help me reali nid help
and btw my specs are here:http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=161590
The first post
and dun tell me change the graphics cos i have seen a person have good fps with the same express set!!!

First tip: Learn to type.

Second tip: If you can't run tf2 decently, then you certainly can't run l4d.

new video card works the best. add $70 to your rig and it'll work fine

Dude... You have to run CSS on low... There's no way you're running l4d on anything, including low. You need a new computer. That's all I can tell you. If you have to ask your dad for permission to upgrade you might be too young anyway.

just noticed he's using integrated video.....not a tru gamer....n00b

Bunch of assholes.

aqil, You need a better graphics card dude. THAT'S ALL, tell ur dad to **** off.

If your going to get a new graphics card, get a NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT and atleast 2g ram. Honestly, you won't even need a good processor. I have a 3400 Sempron running at 1.8 GHz, but with those other 2 components, it runs like a pro.

Erm guys i asked for ways to get more fps not for suggestions i already know
and btw wheres your freaking manners!!!
if u dun want to help me amd jus wanna make fun of me, go and f*** off
and i can run tf2 with decent fps!!!

Guys, stop being douchebags to the kid.

Kid, stop feeding the douchebags.

Sadly, new equipment is your only solution. The only way to get more fps is to get a better graphics card. Fps is a pretty good measure of the speed of your system, and there is no configuration other than turning the graphics quality down low on the game, especially lowering the resolution. Christmas is coming up soon, so do some research, find what you need, and beg for it.

the person who calls another person a kid Is a kid
seriously guys all i nid is some serious help and thank you to those who actually give advice to me and not try make fun of me
immature much?
and maybe ill jus buy a new graphics card.... in 1 year lol
cos my dad would nvr buy me 1 and my uncle promised me 500 dollars to spend if i do good for my Primary School Leaving Examinations :D
that means ill be able to buy a nvidia gtx 295 or something (dun know if that even exist though) hehehe
the gtx 295 plus my current specs can run left 4 dead at good speeds rite?
if it can ,will it run crysis and far cry 2 and devil may cry 4 and maybe even crysis warhead?
and btw i ALREADY HAVE 2gb of ram

oh forget it i already can run with about 20-40 fps with an fps config and running it on all low and a few commands and sv_cheats 1
who wants to play online anyway?no servers
thanks for nothing guys:devil:

Not many ways to simply 'increase' FPS. You need some better hardware, unfortunately. No easy way out.

edit; there you go, then.

the person who calls another person a kid Is a kid

my uncle promised me 500 dollars to spend if i do good for my Primary School Leaving Examinations

Yes, but you're also a kid.

We're not trying to be unhelpful and irritating, we're just giving our opinion that there's nothing we can do. Having exhausted every option, you're looking for more, and we're telling you that nothing we know of can fix your problem. So keep that in mind before you start throwing around insults - I agree that some people in this thread are being overly silly regarding your problem, but I trust that you're able to notice those posts when they're made and realise that everyone else is just giving their opinion that it's hopeless.

well at least u guys tried
okok so i am a kid but in 1 year and 2 months im gonna be a teenager!!
hah!!!! :D
but one thing though
why did valve even make steam?
steam is just takes up more memory
what happened to the days of cs1.5 and hl in 1998?

Steam doesn't take up much memory at all...

And running Crysis is a pipe dream for everyone that doesn't want to buy a supercomputer.

Well, good luck anyway.

well at least u guys tried
okok so i am a kid but in 1 year and 2 months im gonna be a teenager!!
hah!!!! :D
but one thing though
You mean when you were supposedly born?

500 dollars? WTFBBQ! If I was getting that for a Primary-- whatever the hell that easy ass elementary school examination is, I'd be jumping through the roof.

Oh, so you already have 2g ram, well then. Yell at me some more.

wats a good card to buy with 500 dollars?
something good please
and no intel graphics or any dumb s3 or 3dfx graphics
Ive had experience with my old s3 igp pro and it totally suked !

I'm loving this thread. Normally i'd say how it's gotten a bit off topic but i'm just going to enjoy it.

OP you do realize there is more to a computer then buying a card for it right? you do have to make sure its compatible or anything here you learn is useless.

$500 is more than enough... $180 should be good enough to suit your needs.

Well, depending on what card you get, you will have to get a certain type of ram(memory). For example, the 9500 GT I mentioned earlier requires DDR2 RAM, so you will have to get a whole new set of RAM if you don't already have DDR2(which is fairly common).

$500 is enough to build a GREAT PC, so you should do some research before you choose a card(err, if you get a card). With that kind of money you can also get a VERY good processor. There are restrictions on the processor as well. You have to get one that matches the socket of you motherboard. For example, if you know that your motherboard uses an AM2 Socket, you will have to find a processor with that socket.

There is a lot more stuff you'll need to know but thats the bulk of it.

To check your system specs, I suggest cpu-z.

Edit: If I was you, I would get NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT, maybe 4g RAM, and a good processor. The rest I would spend on a good keyboard, headset, and mouse. Then your all set.

You mean when you were supposedly born?

Ahahahahhahaa. Excellent.

It's people who say things like that (pretending they were around in the "good old days") who give the oldies justification to act elitist.

That wouldn't give me nearly the feel of self accomplishment that building my own would.

True, but for what the OP wants it should be perfect. Instant solution to a small complaint.

well the only good thing about steam is its digital store
other than that i think its better to buy the dvd/cd itself
so erm back to the point erm any fps configs???
ok stop asking me to buy a new graphics card i know im gonna buy 1
but lets just say im on the nvidia 6200 ok?
i nid an fps config/mods to upper my fps
even if it takes to use sv_cheats 1 ok?

Please pay attention:

THERE IS NO "FPS CONFIG". WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR DOES NOT EXIST. I AM SORRY. FPS DIRECTLY REFLECTS COMPUTER PERFORMANCE, AND NO "CONFIG" WILL IMPROVE YOU COMPUTER'S GAMING PERFORMANCE. SORRY.

wrong erm did u guys even do some research?
i found like 2 fpsconfigs on the net
kaizens fps config(made my fps worst lol)
and some other guys config (better fps ) :D
on 2nd thought lets just close this up k?

In the other TF2 thread you said you would get a 9500GT, why don't you do that?
It'll fix all problems you have and FPS configs are no solution with your integrated graphics.

Software configs can help smooth out performance, but they can't make an unplayable game playable, especially when you have very outdated parts. Performance is physically limited by your computer's hardware and unless you can manipulate reality, I'm afraid upgrading is the only way to really make a big difference.

Back