Would you rather see new-

• Xen/Alien Wildlife

Votes: 130 52.6%
  • Combine

Votes: 99 40.1%
  • Think we are set on enemies

Votes: 18 7.3%

• Total voters
How about an alien that raped a combine and made a zencombine hybrid creature then fell in radiation which made it even more .. different.

headcrabs dont like the cold, hopefully most of the gameplay isnt on earth i wanna kill over 9000 advisors plox

MOAR Overwatch! There are only 2 types. In Episode 2, there were only 2 Combine Elites in the whole game. (During the attack on the inn).

IMO we need more Combine Overwatch and synths. We fought antlions and Xenian lifeforms for the first 3 levels of the game... Which was fun, but we need a change of pace for the growing Combine-Earth conflict in Episode 3.

well we may go to xen... sooo... there will be at least the old xenians from hl1... :D xen would be great in new engine xD

or maybe we go to wherever combine are from... seeing a lot of new combine shapes ? witch a dont really believe will happen... sooo yeah I would like to see new combine but it will be new xenians like the one under gman skin... his voiceeeee XD

we will see.. although not very soon

Combine, i've always hated fighting anything not human in FPSs.

Different clothes for zombies, I'm tired of looking at average joe clothing.

Also a zomtigaunt would be nice.

Agreed on the subject of clothes. I think a zombiegaunt would have less health than a zombine but they could make it tougher in some way to make up for it.

Combine, i've always hated fighting anything not human in FPSs.

To me that was one of the main appeals of the half-life games. Fighting lots of unique and interesting enemies. I would love to see a return of a garg or a tentacle. I think it would be fitting in the enviroment like the arctic.

:D xen would be great in new engine xD

Haqs anybody tried to make something along the lines of a Xen: Source mod? I suppose the Black Mesa Source folks will be doing a Source remake of HL1's Xen, but it'd be interesting to see some other mods from Xen. Just a thought.

Xen creatures are rather meh compared to sleek and shiny combine tech. Yummy!

Anyway more zen. I am sick of fighting waves after waves of humans and human tech(fine here and there but used as the main enemie in almost every shooter). The xen creatures were interesting because they had there own life cycle and habits, used differant tactics,you had to use differant tactics with each creature, differant behavior and this is what made each creature unique. It is more interesting to see how xenians they are trying to adapt to earths enviroment. Combine all have the same motives. If they do add new combine into half-life 2 please make them so we have to use differant tactics and not some enemie we can just mow down in 2 seconds flat. Something interesting. And please for the love of god nothing that requires an rpg.

I want both; but I voted for Xen Wildlife because I think we're a little overdue. I'm sure Ep3 will introduce a shitload of new enemies. Marc Laidlaw said that the Bullsquids, Houndeyes, Gargantuas, etc are still alive but living in the wasteland. I personally would like to see the Garg and the Houdeyes. Gargs are just plain awesome and Houndeyes would create avalanches to make gameplay more intense.
I'm hoping for a Poison Zombie Torso and a Zombine Torso. A new zombie model maybe zombies with winter jackets or something like that. I'd also like a Fast Zombine. I think they could be an opportunity for Valve to do some amazing modelling. Maybe have it with armor in shreds but hanging off the pale shreds of skin and metal.
I'd also like to see the assassins and the cremators back for ep3. The cremator could be using the Immolator to melt ice in the borealis to help navigate the combine's way to the technology it contains. The assassin could blend into the snow and stalk you throughout levels. I would assume that they would get a cover fire feature and they would hide behind trees only to poke out every few seconds.

I don't think there's any chance for a Bullsquid anymore seeing as how Acidlion replaced it. Although, I do like the idea of their return. The combine need MUCH better AI so I expect an AI upgrade.

I have to say both. they will have some hl1 creatures in episode 3 again like the houndeye. and you get to fight a couple of advisors!

I would like it if you had a Houndeye companion called pep, which was raised by a vort you encounter that could aim its sonic attack as opposed to radial damage.

Back