• Combine

Votes: 99 40.1%
  • Think we are set on enemies

Votes: 18 7.3%

• Total voters

MJ12

The Freeman
Reaction score
Which would you prefer, a new alien wildlife/xen based enemy, or another asset to the Combine army?

TBH, I would much rather see new alien/ Xen wildlife.

While I really liked the new Combine enemy in Ep2, the Hunter, I would like to see/fight some more alien wildlife, which we don't really have that much of. Plus I love the atmosphere of Earth being overrun by alien lifeforms.

Combine Synths. Far more interesting. Xen wildlife is boring, trivial and probably has zero place in Episode 3 now that the storyline is tightening down and moving toward a conclusion for this part of the story. The atmosphere of an overrun Earth is cool, but just not for Episode 3.

New combine soldier varioations and new synths. The only Xen wildlife I want to appear is the Vorts and headcrabs. They could, however, come up with a new category of headcrabs, like a spiny one or something.

I wish we saw more Xen creatures, new or old, throughout HL2 and the episodes. However, I think introducing them at this point in the story arc would be out of place. New Combine/Synth enemies make more sense.

A shame, but I'm not too disheartened since Half-Life will continue.

Well we are going to the artic, I think antlions climaxed in Ep2 and that they'll be replaced with at least one new type of alien life in Ep3. Of course that's not to say that there won't be new Combine as well, just that I'm looking forward to the new alien life more.

As much as I liked the Xenians, I think we're past all that. If we were going to see them anywhere, it would've been in the forests.
But then that wouldn't necessarily have been logical either: run around in the woods firing an SMG left right and centre whilst chucking grenades about and see how much wildlife you run into... Probably not so many.
This is the climax of this part of the story arc and it's only right to focus on more Combine troops. They're making a last stand and so is humanity. Both sides are going to pull out all the stops.

We've seen Dog confront a Strider, now its time that the mighty Garg should come up against one. The problem is whether or not to make it a domesticated creature, or a wild one

I vote for new alien creatures to replace the antlions. Not that I dislike them, but I crave something different, and Hunters are still new enough synths for me.
Then bring the antlions back for HL3 (joke).

Definatley some kind of new enemy.

HL2 it was the combine and the different zombies, antlions etc.

Ep1 it was the zombine and Stalkers

Ep2 it was the antlion workers, hunters and the advisors (kind of)

Ep3 I think we may see a return of a Hl2 beta creature, possibly the crab synth or some kind of ice kraken as well as the advisors etc.

I am feeling Stupid for voting for Xen. I would like to see some new Xen creatures but I think that it would be better and more rewarding for Valve to concentrate on new Combine and Synths. Has anyone here read Snow Crash? I think it would be awesome if they came up with a synth similar to the "Rat-things" from the book.

Xen creatures. Alien fauna has always interested me more than cyborgs.

I want EP3 primary enemies to be combine synths.

Ep3 I think we may see a return of a Hl2 beta creature, possibly the crab synth or some kind of ice kraken as well as the advisors etc.

I would love a tentacled beast or Ice kraken of sorts, I want to fight something huge, big ass boss, we haven't done that in a while.

After watching The Mist (which reminded me of HL1 a lot) when they were driving at the end and saw that elephant-esque creature that they were staring at in awe, it made me think they could have something really bizarre, perhaps unfathomably large or unnatural in the arctic, something that really shows that no matter what, even if we win over the combine, the earth will never, ever be the same again.

Oh, and I really want arctic zombies, I want them in different uniforms, perhaps rebel/weather resistant uniforms, it would have a very errie The Thing type feel to it. But I expect less zombies.
We've seen Dog confront a Strider, now its time that the mighty Garg should come up against one. The problem is whether or not to make it a domesticated creature, or a wild one

Garg?

I don't understand why the Gargantua would be a "domesticated creature" as Death eVader put it.

Depends, if we are going to get some crap like Antlions then make loads of variations of them then give me Combine.
If we get interesting a new Zen wildlife then definitely give me that.

Ickys, Gargs, Houndeyes, Snarks, Bullsquids, Tentacles. God dammit. I want to see some of those creatures like the Panthereye, the Sactick (early incarnation of headcrab shelling) etc. that were in Raising The Bar. Hell yeah?

I would definitely like to see more combine enemies and technology. Xen stuff is quite boring (unless new things are introduced). That said, my vote is for more combine.

Synths very much so. They were an integral fighting force for the combine in the seven hour war, and I want to see why.

I would wish for something combine, perhaps linking back to Black Mesa? Something created from technology invented there?

Combine Synths. Far more interesting. Xen wildlife is boring, trivial and probably has zero place in Episode 3 now that the storyline is tightening down and moving toward a conclusion for this part of the story. The atmosphere of an overrun Earth is cool, but just not for Episode 3.

Xen wildlife weren't boring, they were just too easy, and don't forget the more memorable fights against them were in an outdated game engine.

I would like the idea of A.Grunt allies, though I doubt they will be in

I expected Samon to be the one guy who voted for no new enemies.

Why? New enemies is the one thing I've always looked forward to, within reason.

I want more giant enemies. It doesn't really matter if they are synth or Xenian, as long as we get a sense of scale like the Tentacles or the Gargantua.

Though it would be preferable if the method used to kill them isn't something that a military vehicle should be immune to. So in that manner, Xenians are preferrable to synths, since animals don't have to have military combat rigour.

I'm not really looking forward for new enemies, i think we have enough. But i think we might see new Combine enemies.

I am looking forward to new combine, new synths (both large and small), and some new xen wild life (both large and small)

More Synths would be cool & new Xen stuff too. A change in the environment may yield new changes in alien life and/or see the current alien life adapt to said environment, which could be cool.

I retract a little bit of what I said earlier.

I fully and wholeheartedly endorse Gargantua awesomeness.

In fact, we should mass spam their emails with the request just so they get the hint.

Maybe some wild life that would prefer to live in a colder environment.

I wonder if the Hydra prefers a cold climate....

I would like the idea of A.Grunt allies, though I doubt they will be in

^ I want that as well. Although not as grateful and peaceful as the Vortigaunts, have them be an ally, but at the same time not really like Gordon a whole lot.

I keep on seeing the antlion fight in the silo after the vorts show up. I was awesome! having them as combat allies again in Ep3 would be great!

Back