Would you rather see new-

• Xen/Alien Wildlife

Votes: 130 52.6%
  • Combine

Votes: 99 40.1%
  • Think we are set on enemies

Votes: 18 7.3%

• Total voters
I really want to see some houndeyes. I love those cute little buggers and it'd be fun to see how they can improve on it. Maybe they could add other ways for it to hurt you (like ram you) and the effects of the sonicboom should, of course, hurt you, but also give you that ringing sound (or something similar to the sound of an emp granade from Dystopia) and shake your screen up a bit. The more houndeyes there are that do the sonnicboom at the sametime, the shakier the screen gets and the longer the sound lasts.

Also would be nice to add some special AI for them to work especially well in packs.

I would like to see more of both. the creatures of xen could be introduced as an "unforeseen consequence" of firing the rocket into the portal, and the combine could add synth from the wild life of Earth, cause they can't port anything in anymore.

better Pack/squad AI in just about every enemy new and old would be amazing. The people at valve should study S.W.A.T tactics and hunting/fighting strategies of animals wolves, lions, dolphins, chimps, and even certain types of hawks.

better Pack/squad AI in just about every enemy new and old would be amazing. The people at valve should study S.W.A.T tactics and hunting/fighting strategies of animals wolves, lions, dolphins, chimps, and even certain types of hawks.

hell yeah, or even use a similar AI as what was used by the brutes in halo.

More Combine, new units and old Synths from Half-Life 2. Also crazy Aperture staff on Borealis and of course, Biozeminades.

I doubt we'll see any Xenian fauna, but I sure would like to see them again. It'd be nice to see them, if only for nostalgia, but it would make sense that, in a world where the Combine occupy most habitable places (cities, the outlying areas), Xen wildlife would get pushed further and further away until they only lived in the fringes of the world. Places like the arctic.

And there's just so many interesting things you can do with them there: antlions are out, bullsquids would be out, headcrabs can live anywhere that's a given. But you can put in things that we've never got to really experience in ANY Half-Life game, like the boids, the stukabats, the archers. The archers are perfectly tailored for an arctic climate and would provide a new challenge for the player that we've never gone up against.

And a place like the arctic could set up amazing setpieces with larger beasts like gargantua and ichthyosaurs.

But it probably won't happen. A damn shame if you ask me.
I think I'd only like to see new Xen wildlife if it was clearly something that could survive only in an arctic climate.
Most Xen fauna can exist in extreme temperatures. In fact, they seem adapted to hostile environments and inhospitable climes, like extreme heat and far below subzero cold. Examples would be gonomes setting up a habitat in the furnaces of Black Mesa, and headcrabs and vortigaunts being completely unaffected by the biting cold of the cryogenic storage area. They could hang out there in their bare skin, while even with your HEV suit the cold was killing you.

Some of both would actually be great. Maybe the houndeyes are hybernating and that's why you never saw them in HL2 or any of the episodes. Perhaps Alyx and Gordon accidently stumble upon a very large group of hybernating houndeyes and they wake up. The bullsquid would be nice too, but I think the new antlion is too similar to the bullsquid.

As for synths. The mortar synth would be cool in an air battle in the helicopter. Maybe the crab synth as well, but I'm unsure as to how large it is and how they could incorporate it well.

Definately houndeye and mortar synths are best choices imo.

i would definetly like to see some more xen creatures. Not only is it realistic (considering that xen creatures can survive in hostile enviorments and im sure more than jest headcrabs and vorts made it through to earth) but it would also be cool to see some combine get ambushed by those big shock troopers from Hlaf Life: opposing force.

i would definetly like to see some more xen creatures. Not only is it realistic (considering that xen creatures can survive in hostile enviorments and im sure more than jest headcrabs and vorts made it through to earth) but it would also be cool to see some combine get ambushed by those big shock troopers from Hlaf Life: opposing force.

Wlecome to the stie!

Don't bet on ever seeing the Race X aliens again.

combine assassin

I don''t know much and or someone mentioned this already in the thread, I was thinking and I figured Is there a possibility they are going to put combine assassin in hl2 ep 3 ??

I wish the combine alien assasin was introduced, but it won't be, it's movements are too similar to that of a fast zombie.

As a stealthy enemy it wouldn't be that interesting/challenging now since the Hunters were introduced for that factor.

I'd imagine it would be a lot like those invisible ninja things from FEAR.

a combine alien assasin?? i thought the combine assasin was jest a modified human?

There was an alien assassin creature planned for the game besides the Combine Assassin. It was to behave like the Fast Zombie.

I'm almost positive that we will be fighting Advisors.

I'd really like to see the return of some classic Xen creatures like the Garg. And I really want some new MASSIVE enemies to fight.

But at the same time I think theres a lot of potential for new baddies, given the different environment setting.

I want to see a BIG and bulky synth like a tank or the scarab from Halo 3, and the crab synth.

More Combine. They were in relatively low numbers in Ep. 2 when compared to the amounts of zombies and Antlions, and it would make more sense story-wise now that they are getting desperate. I also don't see too many creatures surviving in the Arctic weather.

In addition to a new synth like everyone's been saying, I'd like to see the regular Combine soldiers' AI improve, and for them to be able to do new things such as effectively use cover, jump over obstacles, etc. Anyone who's played F.E.A.R. should know what kind of action I'm looking for.

Think about it, Xen (the planet) is chunks of land orbiting a gas giant, they don't really have polar ice caps, so how could any Xen survive there?

And I know some of you are gonna say" But Saaaaruuuke Xen looks like it is out in space and space is coooold"

To that I say horse puckey, horse puckey! Xen was not out in space it had a atmospere or else the animals would have died! And being resistant to cold and surviving in the artic are two different things.

Xen creatures suck. Please god no more ant lions.

The best enemies are CP. Hands down. What's more fun than shooting CP? Give us some arctic camo CP.

Shooting (read: futily) at/running away from a Gargantua is infinitely more fun than fighting Combine Soldiers.

Think about it, Xen (the planet) is chunks of land orbiting a gas giant, they don't really have polar ice caps, so how could any Xen survive there?

And I know some of you are gonna say" But Saaaaruuuke Xen looks like it is out in space and space is coooold"

To that I say horse puckey, horse puckey! Xen was not out in space it had a atmospere or else the animals would have died! And being resistant to cold and surviving in the artic are two different things.

They would have to be fast adapter, besides, for all we know, most of them could have originated from an extreme planet(s) and have the genetic sequences, and the codes were just dormant while they were on Xen.

....dormant gene codes.....

you've been spending too much time in fantasy land.

....dormant gene codes.....

you've been spending too much time in fantasy land.

or you haven't taken sophomore biology lately.

BTW: a vestigial limb, or organ is just useless because it doesn't have a current purpose, men have nipples because they served a purpose at some time, and we have an appendix because it served a purpose at some time, and evolution hasn't taken it away from us, so it might be useful for our species some time in the future.
further more, there are thousands of sequences in our DNA that seem to be useless but are most likely traits that are left over from our ancestors. The likes of which could contain the reason that we have a source of life, and no, our "source of life" isn't our heart, or our brain. we can replace our heart, and the brain can be hooked up to a computer.

yeah but we can't "reactivate" our nipples and turn them into boobs...

that's why what you said made no sense.

that's because they have a genetic abnormality they were born with, they didn't "reactivate" the gene by choice.

Can you reactivate any gene by "choice"?

no, they have been "deactivated" by our environment over time, if we could reactivate them by choice there would be fewer resistant to the idea of evolution, plus, I could see us becoming like genetic superheros. Using what ever connection to our plant, or amphibian ancestors. which would pretty cool, having the ability to photosynthesize, or chemosynthesize.

maybe with a gene sequencer... that is where fantasy world begins.

I don't think valve shares your genetic superhero dream.

i think some people here dont realize that aliens aren't bound to human or earths physics because all aliens aren't from earth or are humans.....jest in case some of you didnt know that :p. These aliens are from a different planet, purhapse even a different universe, i think some people need to stop thinking like a human "Everything needs food water and shelter for survival" im not saying anyone here is a humanity fanboy, but the point im trying to get across is that aliens can be in any shape and/or form, expect the unexpected is what i always say or else one might face destruction (in the case of hostile alien races).

i think some people here dont realize that aliens aren't bound to human or earths physics
These aliens are from a different planet, purhapse even a different universe
HEY, so long as they exist in OUR Universe they'll follow OUR rules.

I don't think valve shares your genetic superhero dream.

what's your reading comprehension level, because at no time did I ever mention anything that even hinted toward, as you put it "genetic Superheros"
Further more, the concept of the "gravity gun" is a lot more far fetched than dormant genes. so why don't you question the mechanics of that before you go antagonizing me.

Combine, but then again xen as well.

Back