Would you rather see new-

• Xen/Alien Wildlife

Votes: 130 52.6%
  • Combine

Votes: 99 40.1%
  • Think we are set on enemies

Votes: 18 7.3%

• Total voters
I think Gordon faces enough shit as it is, so I really don't think any more enemies are needed.

Here's what I think... Houndeyes are a must. They were just not used as well in hl1 as the could have been, and Half-Life could use some more difficult gameplay. The houndeyes would be interesting to fight, and to watch combine fight. I would love to see the creative ways Valve could make death animations for those who are unfortunate enough to be attacked by a group of houndeyes. In the arctic, the possibilities are endless, because as several have said, Xen was a harsh place, because even the plants were out to kill you, and Xenian life is made to handle that kind of environment. I'm not sure, but I'd like to guess that Xen was a very cold place, being that it was a chain of rocks, basically, and there would be low atmosphere, so the heat would easily escape from the planet.

Also, we must see a big f*ckin thing. I don't care what it is, as long as it's big, and it's a f*ckin thing. (Thank you lewis black.) It has to be nuts hard to kill, and it has to be vicious as the Gonarch. I'd like to see something off in the distance throwing Combine around like the little ragdolls they are, and killing hunters with a single hit. There's no way to fight it, only go around it, and have Alyx tell the player something like "We don't have time to kill this thing, we have to get around it somehow." Make it simple to execute, but hard to figure out. We need another puzzle, and this would do nicely as we feel the tension.

And, lastly, I want bullsquids. **** you nay sayers, (And always with your saying of nay) because when I think of this, I always remember the Bullsquid in Blast Pit, standing at the bottom of a chamber full of toxins. Now if that bastard is tough enough to stand the toxic waste, then it will surely be tough enough to weather the cold arctic. I could see this happen, too, as the remains of the population of bullsquids were left into the arctic. The combine would dispose of them in and near the cities because they could attack the civillians, and the combine wanted to be the ones to kill everybody, so they kill the bullsquids, and dispose of them. The only ones that are left are far away from any civilization. That is what I think.

A beefed up confronatation with alien grunts would be in order

I would like to see a little of both.
I definitley want to see what the actual Combine alien race looks like, I would also like to see some more Xen wildlife.
How about some Xen wildlife that are used by the Combine?
That would be something cool.

I'd like more combine. Especially, the combine forces that initially overrun the earth. After all, didn't xen get overrun completely anyways?

And what about combine of xen?

A new combine troop set to go with the arctic motif and possibly an arctic-adapted hunter or strider spin off would be smashing. Though, it would be interesting to see Xen creatures become a third major force and become level with the Combine and Rebels. Hmm... I smell a fanfic.

They MUST bring back houndeyes and bullsquids.Maybe not houndeyes because they were some crappy enemy but bullsquids were great enemies.

More Xen creatures, but "new" ones. Wouldn't mind some additions to the Combine roster, though. Bascically, as long as the new creatues are imaginative, I'll be happy.

I DONT wanna see houndeyes! they are just too ugly to have around in HL ever again!
i think and also hope to see some more Xen life, new ones, some that cant survive the cold weather there, a cold adapted headcrap would be nice.
and i really think and hope we gonna fight thoose advisors, they just soo freaking cool. but really doubt we see any new combine enemies, they are cut of form the outside worlds, and REALLY doubt that they have something on earth we havent seen yet :LOL:
maybe a few new Xen creatures but dont think we gonna meet any new enemies then that

Xen if they can make it work.

I don't think they can.

Thus, Combine.

Some new Synths that can really kick some ass.

Maybe also some new types of soldiers, but that's stretching it a little.

I remember seeing some giant lizard-looking things stomping around in HL2 as I was being carried to Breen's office. There's probably some forces the Combine has deep within its facilities as slaves that could be considered former Xen wildlife turned Combine forces.

L'ke I some people talked about,i think new xen cretatures because they are going to go a new cold place and new climate means new creatures

I'd like to see the Gargantua again...

...any other fans of this walking tank?

HalfLife_Gargantua.jpg

All I can say is this.

NO MORE ANT LIONS PLEASE.

We have done ant lions, we have done ant lion gaurdians, we have done ant lion workers, we have done ant lion grubs. We have done ant lion pherome pods, we have done ant lion pherome extract.

I am done with them. Please no more. Let them stay in Hl2 through Episode 2. No more storyarching on these guys.

Also, combine need some spicing up.

I will lol if I see a zombie-polar bear with a headcrab lol

All I can say is this.

NO MORE ANT LIONS PLEASE.

We have done ant lions, we have done ant lion gaurdians, we have done ant lion workers, we have done ant lion grubs. We have done ant lion pherome pods, we have done ant lion pherome extract.

I am done with them. Please no more. Let them stay in Hl2 through Episode 2. No more storyarching on these guys.

GOD guys, STOP GETTING DOGS. we're so done with them, they were all popular in the 90s, but now it's getting stale. Maybe some kind of new fish.

My point is, the Antlions are part of the HL universe, and they're not gonna just go away because you asked. You might as well get rid of Headcrabs and Alyx.

Look on the bright side: the Borealis is located in the Arctic: land of no sand!

I can imagine someone activating the technology located in the Borealis, causing another Resonance Cascade. It would be a great "excuse" to introduce more exotic alien creatures.

Combine Synths. Far more interesting. Xen wildlife is boring, trivial and probably has zero place in Episode 3 now that the storyline is tightening down and moving toward a conclusion for this part of the story. The atmosphere of an overrun Earth is cool, but just not for Episode 3.

Exactly my opinion (quoting from 1st page).

Xenbine. Or pimped Xen beasts with tubes and shit hanging from their necks. Now thats worth the wait.

Off course as we get closer to the Borealis, more and more of new species come into view that are not related to either Xen or the Combine, which will possibly be centre threat that we encounter in the HL games after Ep3

Gman won't make an appearance in Ep3 but his employer does, would be ace if there was some sort of bizzarre conference room in Borealis, whereby Gordon is Debrief on the events that have occured from the very beginning

I want to see more creatures.It would be cool if they introduced a new kind of heacrab.

Combine soldiers are pushovers. Blat blat shuffle shuffle wave arms blat arrrgh DEAD times infinity. Bleh! Whatever happened to challenging enemies that put the fear of GOD into you? I hope VALVe makes the advisors a fun enemy to fight, if you get to fight them at all. If they go the Crysis route and have you gimmick them to death with radio transmissions I'll be mildly saddened.

Something more different than either of the two. I dont really think there could be much Xen creatures on a lump of ice.

More combine and synths hopefully. Maybe a zombie polar bear!

Itchyosaur, we haven't seen one since HL2 (briefly), and they were so badass in the original game they should put back in

Why does it have to be one or the other? Im hoping we'll see new on both sides. Ive been thinking about it lately, and if episode 3 takes place in the arctic, since the scenery would be so different, they would have to make new enemies based on that environment to make it more plausible. Ant-Lions in the snow wouldnt be anything fun and new and i hope they dont make the ant-lion texture whiter and say "done lol". They should make a lot of new enemies to fit the environment.

As for combine, since you will probably explore into heavily combine areas, more so than the citadel, we should uncover new, faster/stronger combine synths... So like valve always does, the enemies could fit well with the story...

I hate to bump old threads, but I feel like throwing in my contribution.

Seeing as how the episode concludes the current story arc, which will possibly resolve in the end of the Combine on Earth, I'd expect to see an assload of Combine.

Far as Xen is concerned, I'd rather see more KINDS of Xen than more Xen altogether. Everything up til now has been something involving headcrabs, ant lions, and guardians.

More Combine really, on a side note, it'll be cool to see a resonance cascade again.

Since this is probably the combine's last stand you'd expect them to throw everything at us. Personally I'd be disappointed if it was just a whole bunch of striders, combine troops and a few advisors. I hope they throw in something new, that we need to do something more complex to, than filling it with bullets that is.

more Combine because there's a better chance of a new weapon that way.
both would be nice though.

There are only three xen creatures i can think of that either arent in or have turned good in Half-Life 2, besides i found most of the challenge to be with fighting the grunts in the original Half-Life, so i'd have to say more Combine.

Back