MotionInJoy can **** right off

ríomhaire

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok so some of you who like to use a gamepad on PC might know about MotionInJoy. That Chinese adware stuff that'd dodgy as hell but was what you had to use to get a Dualshock 3 working with your PC if you didn't want to use the godawful dpad on a 360 controller (or you just wanted to have the extreme convenience of a controller that used generic mini-usb and generic bluetooth instead of Microsoft's proprietary rubbish).

Well now there's an alternative that works perfectly called SCP server or something like that. Get it here. It just works. Sync your PS3 controller with the PC over the usb cable and then just connect the controller wirelessly to your PC as long as you have a bluetooth dongle in there. You don't even need to use a little bit of horrible adware! I've no issues with it otherwise (other than just install it to Program Files like it asks in the thread, otherwise it may have trouble picking the BT without having the SCPServer.exe program running for whatever reason).

Perfect if you want to qualify for the free Steam Machine prototype giveaway thing.

This would have been good for that time before I bought an xbox controller.

Dammit. Time to go play through Super Meat Boy again.

EDIT: After I find a Bluetooth dongle I can subvert.

Back