Moving To A New City Abroad, Start A New Life

I'd think twice about going to Chicago. My family there have told me that things are very rough at the moment there. Work is so hard to find, and expenses are rising. Everytime I went to visit them in Chicago they were struggling with finances. My sister use to live in the suburb area called Shamburg but she had to move out since finding work there was hard.

Yup, you can't go wrong with Kangaroos!

Until they attack you.......

Is it true people think we have Kangaroos everywhere in Aus? lol Because it isn't true. Last time I saw a Kanga was about a month ago.

Is it true people think we have Kangaroos everywhere in Aus? lol Because it isn't true. Last time I saw a Kanga was about a month ago.

Well......ehhh, kinda. Depends on who you ask. :D

I want to move to the Caribbean Islands or something like that.

Mmtwh.jpg

Wait, you're telling me you don't ride them to work?

I've heard Kangaroo Steaks are actually quite tasty!

Please confirm?

Haha.

lol, Oddly I had a very serious conversation with my mother the other day about the possibilities of riding one, apparently it wouldn't work.

Never had 'em, never want to.

you ride wombats right?

I need to move to the south to have perma-warm weather and such. I'd like to be somewhere near the beach but not so close I have to spend ten grand a second to live.

I dont really want to move somewhere Ive been before, but if the right job rears its head Ill be on the next flight.

So that pretty much rules out alot of east asia, australia, most of africa (though would never move there anyway), most of Europe (although Austria is nice), wouldnt want to live in the windscreen-washer's depot of south america, so that kind of leaves north america left.

West coast? I dunno. California sounds like its going through some serious ***t these days. SF earthquakes? No thanks.

Im really torn. Ive got slightly high expectations as well so I dont want to move anywhere...snob in me says 'poor'.

Ive got slightly high expectations as well so I dont want to move anywhere...snob in me says 'poor'.
Then Vancouver is perfect for you: Real estate you'll never afford. Hipsters up the wazoo. Exotic Asian families on every corner.

!!

he's saying south america is full of window washers; too stupid to do anything else. and you follow it with "there's also a lot of drugs"?

Im really torn. Ive got slightly high expectations as well so I dont want to move anywhere...snob in me says 'poor'.
Florida, beaches and bitches dude! :thumbs:

Oh, and there's probably plenty of things in Jacksonville you can't and never will afford, so don't worry about it being poor city.

Oh, and if you do move to anywhere on the Southeastern part of the U.S., stay far FAR away from the countrysides lest your laptop and gadgets become nothing more than paperweights if you value these sort of things at all.

It's f**king technological third-world in these areas. I can't even get decent internet where I currently stay and many can barely even get a phone signal.

he's saying south america is full of window washers; too stupid to do anything else. and you follow it with "there's also a lot of drugs"?

well caucasics love drugs isnt? and since thats what most people know of southamerica...

West coast? I dunno. California sounds like its going through some serious ***t these days. SF earthquakes? No thanks.

There's about a dozen other states here other than california. I wouldn't want to live there either.

Well thats the thing, when people think of the west coast that arent from the US, they will undoubtedly think of California. Beaches, babes, Arnold, Sun, blah blah blah. Its the stereotype if thats the right context.

Its like I bet the vast majority of the select few Americans that know where Britain is and British people, will almost undoubtedly think of the cockney 'Norf Laaaandan innit' accent, along with pubs, bad weather and bad food. But then you hear the southerner's accents. The kind of accents you get from the likes of BBC World presenters. I should know, I was born in Surrey. Derren Brown was born in Surrey and listen to him. Ive always seen that accent as being 'accentless' because you can only say theyre British, but you dont know where in Britain. And I know its the same in the US.

But thats all marketing, subconscious messaging in films and alike. We associate the western side of the US with LA or Hollywood Boulevard. The O.C. sums it all up, THAT to the rest of the world IS the US west coast.

I literally dont know where to start. All I can think is that the best thing to do right now is look for jobs in the US and try to narrow down something I can do where I would be happy doing it. Thats assuming I really DO want to go to the US. But its somewhere completely alien to me other than what I see in films or what I hear from Americans over here. And I like that, I like the unknown.

I think going somewhere Ive been before would not result in starting a new life. I like being lost, provided I wont die of course.

Good luck to you with whatever you plan on doing man.

Be sure your new life includes hl2.net

I've always found it interesting how many British people seem to hate their country and want to/do leave it, when I'm a foreigner who has spent the last couple of years studying and living in the UK, and found it a beautiful and fascinating place. It seems the "grass is greener on the other side" effect is stronger there than any other country(the developed ones at least) on earth, and many don't seem to know how well they have it.

I can't say I blame you too much though if you're leaving for financial reasons, you guys have a ****ing expensive country and the economy right now isn't making it any better. I probably won't stay for too long after getting my degree(s) for the same reason.

Spending time abroad has made me better appreciate what I thought(well, I still do) was a dull and corrupt home country, maybe it would do the same to you. Good luck with whatever you're doing.

Back