Music: Rate and Discuss

Hey Stigmata how's the entry-level indie/electronic/rock going for you?

Hey nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrOnPPJnm98

This is a slightly dated release, but one of Untold's most compelling, rhythmic tracks to date. Beautiful juxtaposition of sub-bass pressure, groove, and melody, with just enough percussion, autotuned and crushed vocal sampling, and hey guess what it's at 140 bpm I bet

Guys I thought you knew me better than that :(((((

Animal Collective is great I'm just messin' witchu :((((

I don't mean to seem like I care about material things, like a musical taste.

hoover.jpg

That song tries too hard and then stumbles over itself.

imo The Believers from How To Destroy Angels sounds like scraps from Ghosts I - IV

Chase that song was bad and you should feel bad.

Danimal I agree. It's like a hot Frankenstein with a weird plastic-silicone semiskin shell.

There's also repeated themes of drowning and beings "above the trees" between The Slip and HTDA

How to Nail Nine Inch Angels imo

Autechre - 9010171-121

I have a Quaristice playlist that's just the Perlence and 90101 remixes, and it's like listening to a 2 hour long jam session where they take apart the two songs, culminating in Perlence subrange 6-36 (**** YOU I KNOW THE TRACK NAMES ARE DUMB). It's like listening to two clouds evaporating into their base, molecular components. This one in particular is awesome because the hoppy melody at the end comes from nowhere, and is never heard again in the rest of the tracks.

I thought that was Downward Spiral or better yet the song Closer in itself.

iirc, Micheal Jackson's favourite album was TDS.

That free download of How To Destroy Angels is not tagged correctly.

Currently listening to UNKNOWN ALBUM from UNKNOWN ARTIST.

But I like what I'm hearing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zol2MJf6XNE

I just discovered Animal Collective last night (as in, I only knew of them by name, for the past year). This song is absolutely glorious.

That, good sir, is an awesome song. Unfortunately, I don't seem to like much of their other stuff, though.

My HTDA tags were completely empty. Not even a copyright in the comment field.

My iPod even has the cover art and everything, my iPod never actually worked so smoothly despite what Apple's slogan implies.

The Walkmen - every studio album they've released, I think

I was lazy last week so I just loaded my ipod with all walkmen. Then I continued to be lazy and never bothered to put other stuff in there. So walking to and from school every day I've been listening to this. Just this.

But they're good enough for that to be ok. Classy Bob Dylan-esque voice. Great music.

After spending so much time with them though, I've noticed that they tend to reuse the lines "That's a problem" and "You'll miss me when I'm gone" (or some variant) a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ4b1HjlwtA

McCarthy Trenching - To an Aesthete Dying Young

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x83NDhuVeds

I've been listening to a lot of folk music the past couple of days. I'm not sure who or what this song reminds me of -- maybe just really old-school folk. A couple of his songs have tunes that remind me of other tunes, almost like he lifted 4 notes from something but he shifts away from it so I can't put my finger on where exactly I might've heard it.

Anyways, this song is kind of comforting in a way. My mom would probably like it, haha.

[edit] Whoa his other songs all veer too far into country-music territory though. Yikes :|

Hey Stigmata how's the entry-level indie/electronic/rock going for you?
Internet hipster alert! I have real-life hipster friends that would eat you for breakfast and shit you out sometime mid-afternoon. <3

Internet hipster alert! I have real-life hipster friends that would eat you for breakfast and shit you out sometime mid-afternoon. <3

Bullshit, real hipsters synchronise their bowel movements to the time of release of In An Aeroplane Over The Sea

probably all your hipster friends are also entry level I bet

Untrust Us, Alice Practice, and Crimewave are the only songs of theirs I can stand.

Sigur Ros - Heima dvd - 10/10

Friend gave me this a couple of years ago. Finally got around to watching it again. I highly recommend it. Performances are great and set at lots of really cool locations, landscape/scenery shots are great, use of really old archival video is great, even the commentary is great -- they explain a lot more about Iceland, the dvd production, and certain points of confusion like the odd mash-up of two separate videos for Vaka:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e49jbKcwuic

It's also really nice that they have a documentary disc where they talk about stuff and play music, and a second disc without them talking over the performances. I'm just sad that Vidrar vel til Loftarasa isn't on here. I'm also sad I missed them when they played at a concert hall at UT Austin while I was there because I was too dumb to realize they were playing and then didn't want to spend $30+, and they were sold out anyways. One of the stupidest things I've missed out on.

Back