My biggest secret

Status
Not open for further replies.
I...
I...

LIAR.. IVE SEEN YOU POST ON MUGSHOT THREAD BEFORE :p

Words here to avoid getting capsowned

and oh, i havent seen him on mugshot threads.. Im only joking D:

Darkside, this redeems you for saying Transformers 1986 was the greatest movie ever.

I agree with him! Nice story, although it's legitimacy is a bit questionable :p Sounds like the back story for a Silent Hill game.

At least take a picture of the coin. And as someone pointed out, if you had the ability to ruin every photo you're in you'd be world famous.

It is only the last bit that has me being a bit sceptical, other than that I think it be true :O

I know you are lying as I carved this symbol in the bottom of a wooden bowl and filled the bowl with water. I then sprinkled yarrow over the water and recited this ancient spell.

I invoke the nature of the grass and the power of the sign to reveal who has stolen from me and others. In nomine domini amen.

Your face was not shown, in fact nothing was shown so you are lying.

:(

It's because you weren't supposed to say 'In nomine domini amen' you were supposed to say 'Klaatu Barada Nikto' In a very loud, and thunderous voice. Learn how to properly cast spells, noob. :)

I bet some stupid kid put that coin there in the first place as a joke.

Thank you captain obvious!

captainobvious-30189.jpg

Now then now then now then. Now. Now then. Now then now. Now then. Then.

Awesome story.

I'm not normally a religious man, but have you tried exorcism?

lol great story but the picture thing is just BS. If you had the ability to magically ruin any photo that you were in, you'd be famous.
How would he? Nobody would know what he looked like.
ghost-1.gif

I'm not normally a religious man, but have you tried exorcism?

How would he? Nobody would know what he looked like.
ghost-1.gif

And why would he try to draw attention to himself, after all - the first thing he states is that he hasn't even told some of his closest friends this story, and prefers to be a loner.

JannaeusCoin.gif

At least take a picture of the coin. And as someone pointed out, if you had the ability to ruin every photo you're in you'd be world famous.

As long as hes not evil, i mean he could rob a bank at night without a mask and the cameras would not be able to tell who did it.

Or assassinate someone while the cameras are rolling and nobody will know D:

So what do you tell people that take pictures of you and see that anomaly?

WoW very cool story, is it really true??? if it is plz take a photo of youreself , and if it isn't go write a book (title suggestion "the darkside"):thumbs:

The gist of the story is true. However he is lying, I have definitely seen his pic:

332024.jpg

Me too lol.

I noticed we had no threads about him eh? Wasnt it big news?

Didnt hear the noose?

Thats a pedofile. Some canadian who raped children and posted his picture on the internet, only swirly. The experts from germany (I think) managed to unspiral the photo and the thai police got him.

He was a canadian who was being chased by the german police, who ended up in thailand and got nabbed there.

Very confusing story

That's pretty cool how they un-spun it. Bet the guy felt like an ass.

What a moron. If there's an algorithm to cause the spiral, surely there'd be another to reverse the process a great deal.

Darkside, your story intrigues me. One day I went over to my friend's house and felt a strange feeling of being watched while I was in his upstairs hallway... I thought nothing of it at first, but I asked later about it and he divulged some details that I find strikingly similar to your story, though without any specific object causing it.

It was a late night, Andy pulled up into his driveway as he normally did, walking up the three brick steps into his house, opening the door and tossing his hat off onto the couch to the left. His girlfriend emerged from the kitchen and confronted him with a "Where have you been? I know you were scheduled to be done work at 9, it's 10:30!"

To which he responded that he was really at work. She, however, would not accept what he said, and they ended up moving the argument upstairs into his bedroom as he attempted to get out of his work uniform. The yelling lasted for hours, Andy saw something out of the corner of his eye that just seemed a bit out of place.

Down the hallway he could see a black, shadowy figure standing and lurching closer to his door. Its face was lifeless, with a top row of teeth visible, though it appeared as if it didn't want those teeth to show - the skin had been physically torn from it.

As the argument continued, it kept getting closer and closer to the door. Andy immediately tried to diffuse the situation and calm his girlfriend down, and after a few minutes it was over, just in time for him to see the creature disappear from sight at his door.

She left him that night, she didn't say a word to him. Perhaps she didn't want to stay with a man she'd constantly fight with, or maybe she saw something she couldn't explain.

As Andy slept, visions of shadows kept plaguing his mind... darkness would come out of nowhere in his dreams and engulf his vision. His eyes bolted open to see a black floating mist hovering over him. He couldn't move. After a few minutes passed, he decided that the room itself might be the culprit. He moved downstairs to sleep on the couch.

He was awoken by a feeling of extreme cold on his leg, he looked over and saw the dark creature from before sitting by him, watching.

I promised him I'd kee this story a secret, he really didn't want to go off telling people for fear they'd think he's crazy. You seem like the type who would understand it, it's more of the unexplainable.

I appreciate you confiding that to us. Even though you did it against your friend's wishes, it's of great help in figuring out what these shades are.

This coin has been in my possession for over a dozen years. I have, in that time, come to learn some of its more intimate secrets; they are, for the time being, not worth mentioning. The shades, however; how little I know of them! It has never been easy to research something that, as your friend accurately put it, "would make the world fear you're crazy." Who knows how many people out there have experienced similar phenomena, but remain quiet?

It's an interesting thing, that the thought of becoming a societal pariah carries more fear than something that is truly threatening your life. Yes, they're a threat. I have almost no doubt in my mind that these creatures are malign.

I will think on your story. I myself have never seen one solitary shadow, and definately not in such great detail; in my dreams they have always assaulted me as a group, a single mass that reaches with multiple hands. And in my waking hours, they're never so brazen as to show themselves completely. Whether they are doing it to torment me, or whether they truly fear the influence of the coin, I am not sure.

But it seems that this lone shade your friend encountered was drawn there by strife. Constant arguments and instability seem to have brought it there. Why it remained, even after, and why it decided to show itself a second time, even grasping...curious.

I will leave you with this: you mentioned its teeth. Why is it that human beings, even young ones who have no previous conceptions, have a unified fear of things so similar? Why do we fear the dark, and sharp teeth, and clawed hands? Why are these fears so uniform? Are they instinctive? Do we know the same fears because they are frightening in themselves? Or is it possible that, in times before record, we knew the shades, and feared them? A fear passed down through generations until we forgot exactly what it is we feared, but became wary of the thing's features.

The dark. Sharp teeth. And claws to rend and tear.

When we look over our shoulders, what are we expecting to see?

Our own shadows... but sometimes they're not our own, and that's the innate fear.

Maybe you feel a collection of shadows as it's the corrupted lives of all who have come into contact with the coin... you weren't the first to get it, and you won't be the last.

The teeth and claws might just be images in the darkness our mind perceives as such by drawing simple patterns out of complex images... and what's more complex than the predicament you're in?

Remain silent, and continue to be plagued by this... or speak, and be ridiculed and laughed at... and continue to be plagued. There must be another way. Andy was able to ward it off by calming down the general mood in the area. If the shadows are in fact coming after the coin, take it off your neck... if it makes you feel better, do it in daylight in a public place... or maybe it requires a bit more thinking.

The woman you saw in your dream likely wanted to thank you for freeing her of their grasp... but perhaps she wasn't so happy, as she knows the path you're headed for.

Halfway through reading this last page, I realized that I had my housecoat's hood on, and it was obscuring my peripheral vision. As I pulled it back, I saw an edge of darkness - as if something had been sitting just outside my field of view, yet been unprepared for how quickly I tore back my hood. It shot towards my door almost as quickly as I had noticed its presence. I spun in my chair to try and follow it, but it had disappeared. But to where? My door was closed; it had no exit.

I glanced at the mirror by my door, to quell my fears that perhaps, whatever it was, it had merely moved around me, still watching. I saw nothing but myself and my room, perfectly lit, and breathed a sigh of relief. I turned back to my computer, and set my hands on the keyboard.

The latch on the door clicked softly shut.

The latch on your door clicked?
Did you touch it, or did it do so on its own?

Have you had any feelings of anger, fear, or remorse?
From what I've seen, these shadows are drawn to negative emotions.

Or... are there other electronics in your room besides your computer?
You could be living in a fear cage.
A fear cage is an area surrounded by a high electromagnetic field, which can cause feelings like something's watching you, paranoia, hallucinations, skin irritation, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back