My email to Lars Larson

gh0st

Reaction score
Most of you probably dont know who Lars Larson is. He's a decent talkshow host I listen to a bunch; mostly because he likes to involve callers and emails and so forth. He, as you probably guessed is a staunch conservative. Here is the email I sent him, I hope he reads it on the air because what he has to say in the Presidents defense will be interesting beyond words.

Price of Gas? Up 46% (http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/oog/info/gdu/gasdiesel.asp)
Value of the Minimum Wage? Down
7%(http://www.epinet.org/issueguides/minwage/figure1.gif)
Unemployment? Up 30% (http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm)
Poverty rate? Up 11% (http://www.census.gov/prod/2004pubs/p60-226.pdf)
Federal Defecit? 412 billion, up nearly 2000%
(http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6862777/)

The dollars lost huge value against the Euro and Yen. In virtually all
respects, America has become worse since George Bush has taken office.

Worse, he lowers taxes in an effort to appease that little "R" next to
his name, so we, under his Administration, are basically never going
to climb out of our massive debt. Our economy is virtually in shambles
- yet you defend him on a moral basis? I'm a republican, I'd rather
have Clinton in office than this clown.

Incidents of international terrorism? Up 200% since the War in Iraq
(http://www****b.org/ChartModule.jsp) (this is tkb.org by the way). We've squandered hundreds of
billions of dollars on POINTLESS foreign conflicts. A war based upon
utter deception on the part of the Bush administration. Try to justify
it now. Humanitarian basis? Thats idiocy (http://hrw.org/wr2k4/3.htm)

"By contrast, the United States-led coalition forces justified the
invasion of Iraq on a variety of grounds, only one of which—a
comparatively minor one—was humanitarian. The Security Council did not
approve the invasion, and the Iraqi government, its existence on the
line, violently opposed it. Moreover, while the African interventions
were modest affairs, the Iraq war was massive, involving an extensive
bombing campaign and some 150,000 ground troops."

"The lack of ongoing or imminent mass slaughter was itself sufficient
to disqualify the invasion of Iraq as a humanitarian intervention.
Nonetheless, particularly in light of the ruthlessness of Saddam
Hussein's rule, it is useful to examine the other criteria for
humanitarian intervention. For the most part, these too were not met."

Care to explain why, exactly, we didnt go into Iraq a few years ago?
Ah, probably we shouldnt have then, and we shouldnt have now. As
George Bush Sr. said,

"Trying to eliminate Saddam ... would have incurred incalculable human
and political costs. Apprehending him was probably impossible. ... We
would have been forced to occupy Baghdad and, in effect, rule Iraq.
... [T]here was no viable 'exit strategy' we could see, violating
another of our principles. Furthermore, we had been self-consciously
trying to set a pattern for handling aggression in the post-Cold War
world. Going in and occupying Iraq, thus unilaterally exceeding the
United Nations' mandate, would have destroyed the precedent of
international response to aggression that we hoped to establish. Had
we gone the invasion route, the United States could conceivably still
be an occupying power in a bitterly hostile land."

Bush has establishd the ill concieved cold-waresque notion of the
preemptive strike. We see the fruits of that doctrine: our troops our
dying because of it.

Strains imposed by the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have made it far
more difficult for the U.S. military to beat back any future act of
aggression, launch a preemptive strike or intervene to prevent
conflict in another part of the world, the chairman of the Joint
Chiefs of Staff said in a classified analysis sent to Congress on
Monday. (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationw...3may03,0,6915005.story?coll=la-home-headlines)

Why you support this war effort and this madman is beyond me. I will
be supremely suprised if you read and reply to this email on the air -
I doubt you will; it showcases how shallow support for GWB really is -
its based on morals, not results. The President delivers neither. A
moral man does not decieve, resulting in thousands of deaths. A moral
man does not desecrate states rights, trying to keep Terri Schaivo
alive.​

I left out a bunch, I'll deliver the killer blow after he replies. I'll post it here.

Very, very good. Brave of you to challenge people 'on the same side' (Republican). :thumbs:

[Keep in mind I know you don't like the labelling of political alignments.]

Good read and good argument. But what if he doesnt reply to you?

I like it - well said
you really are a very classical republican from readind through your various posts - pro-military in a power wielding not power using sense, anti central government, pro christian morals but pro separation of church and state, capitalist but with a social conscience, conservative, patriotic but not as the current political climate defines itself
I'd think eisenhower would be your favourite modern president (i could be wrong but he matches your ideals very well)

Well supported with facts.
I hope you pwn his ass.

Hope you told him who helped you find that information with my thread about George Bush destroying America ;).

is this like some strange bizarro world? gh0st you pretty much said what I've been saying for over 2 years, have you seen the light? ...btw well written :thumbs:

me like nicely written e-mail.

btw, i forgot the appointment, sorry CptStern

15357 said:
me like nicely written e-mail.

btw, i forgot the appointment, sorry CptStern

dont worry, we ran out of duct tape used in the lobotomy process, so you're off the hook ........for now ;)

Good man gh0st, not because your "switching sides" but because your willing to test the waters and ask the hard questions, if nothing more than to see what you get.

What? No seriously, What?

Are we doing that switch sides for a week thing?

A very well put-together piece. Can't wait to see his response.

CptStern said:
is this like some strange bizarro world? gh0st you pretty much said what I've been saying for over 2 years, have you seen the light? ...btw well written :thumbs:
Yeah, basically. I'm done playing devils advocate.

Wow...the Mods must really be clamping down on political opinion :LOL:

kirovman said:
Wow...the Mods must really be clamping down on political opinion :LOL:
Ha. No, I'm not the absurd conservative you all think I am, I was just balancing things around here. But in hindsight its not really necessary. The mods havent ever been an issue, except when we had that warning system.

Sparta said:
Good read and good argument. But what if he doesnt reply to you?
I suspect he will, but what I'm looking for is an on-air response.

What?! This is like learning that the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, and Santa Claus are all lies in a single day. My brain hurts. I keep expecting to hear the Twilight Zone music and that Rod Sterling is going to come out and explain what is really happening... with his trademark look of trying to appear serious and show off his teeth at the same time.

Just because someone is republican doesn't automatically mean they like bush...and the same goes for democrats with kerry.

john3571000 said:
I like it - well said
you really are a very classical republican from readind through your various posts - pro-military in a power wielding not power using sense, anti central government, pro christian morals but pro separation of church and state, capitalist but with a social conscience, conservative, patriotic but not as the current political climate defines itself
I'd think eisenhower would be your favourite modern president (i could be wrong but he matches your ideals very well)
:D thanks. Ike and Reagan are my heroes :E

I liked Reagan too.
Ike should of reinstated MacArthur. We could of taken the Korean and Chinese.

GiaOmerta said:
I liked Reagan too.
Ike should of reinstated MacArthur. We could of taken the Korean and Chinese.
Thats one of my biggest gripes with Eisenhower, he wouldnt let MacArthur take NK... though I shiver when I think how many chinese troops would have been fighting our boys.

gh0st said:
Thats one of my biggest gripes with Eisenhower, he wouldnt let MacArthur take NK... though I shiver when I think how many chinese troops would have been fighting our boys.
Nuke > zerg.

Two words.
Chosin Reservoir. :)

EDIT: Remember, you need two nukes. One for the bunker and another for the guys inside. Good old SC days.

Note to liberals on 'us': As election time is over, we can rip Bush to pieces so he'll get closer to the track we want. You saw that a lot less during the past year because that would hurt the election and possibly put someone who we felt was far worse in.

Although I still support the war I am infuriated with Bush over his piss poor care for the border. And his accusation against the Minutemen as vigilantees.

Have any of you ever called the police and reported a crime? Apparantly if you have, you're a 'vigilantee'.

Foxtrot said:
I know, and he should have.
Using logic here, using nuclear bombs against a communist country would have prompted a nuclear response from the soviets and chinese. So no, he shouldnt have.

gh0st said:
Using logic here, using nuclear bombs against a communist country would have prompted a nuclear response from the soviets and chinese. So no, he shouldnt have.
I doubt the Russians would have done much about it, how many nuked did they even have by then?

Foxtrot said:
I doubt the Russians would have done much about it, how many nuked did they even have by then?
Enough to kill tens of millions of Americans. It only takes one. You doubt the russians would have done anything when their ally gets nuked? What do you think we'd do if britain got nuked? Their whole purpose was to spread their ideology (thus our containment policy).

Edit: Yes plenty of nukes, we had a similar amount

gh0st said:
Enough to kill tens of millions of Americans. It only takes one. You doubt the russians would have done anything when their ally gets nuked? What do you think we'd do if britain got nuked? Their whole purpose was to spread their ideology (thus our containment policy).

Edit: Yes plenty of nukes
We wouldn't nuke one of their cities, just nuke their military, that way it would be seen as defensive.

Foxtrot said:
We wouldn't nuke one of their cities, just nuke their military, that way it would be seen as defensive.
You dont understand the climate of the cold war do you. You cant "just nuke" something and not expect a retaliatory attack during the paranoia of the mid 50's to mid 80's. Just like if some country "just nuked" guantanamo bay, do you think we'd just shrug it off?

gh0st said:
You dont understand the climate of the cold war do you. You cant "just nuke" something and not expect a retaliatory attack during the paranoia of the mid 50's to mid 80's. Just like if some country "just nuked" guantanamo bay, do you think we'd just shrug it off?
It was only 1950 though, did the Russians even have nukes then?

Foxtrot said:

the Russian's dont need Nuke's they have Scalar Electromagnetic weapons. :sleep:

nice email Ghost, stick it to em, should be interesting if you get a reply.

clarky003 said:
the Russian's dont need Nuke's they have Scalar Electromagnetic weapons. :sleep:
I shoot fireballs from my eyes, and bolts of lighting from my arse. :cheese: These are those things designed to make waves or other earth-changes? I heard about them on coast to coast AM.

Back