My first REAL job interview

simmo

Tank
Reaction score
Ive just been for a job interview today at a shop to stack shelves and stuff, and god was I nervous :eek: , and get this, I have to start tomorrow! :flame: , but ill be earning £196 a month working 3 days a week, its a wooping amount for a 16 year old ent it ?

What was your first interview like ?, was you nervous ?

How much is £196 in U.S.D? Anyway, good job, congradulations!

Don't know, but that's a pretty decent paying job for a 16 year old. I make about $100-150 a week. But here in USA, we tend to make higher wagers.

I make $185 a week doing nothing (unemployment insurance).

I use to make twice that driving a forklift before I was laid off a couple months ago.

Originally posted by thenerdguy
im 19 and I have 40 hour work week.

Same age :D I wish I only had to work that :) I've got a 39 hour contract but I do a hell of a lot of overtime. And thats the lovely job of stacking shelves :)

I cant believe I have to strart tomorrow tho, I only went to an interview today :LOL:, they must of been desperate :LOL: , but i'm nervous as hell tho, going in the shop and meeting the manager, he said ive got to find him, WTF!? how the hell do I know where he is lol. Plus i'm REALLY shy and have difficulty talking to complete strangers let alone working with them, hopefully this will do me some good, so I can come out of my shell, and hopefully not be shy ever again, god I hate being shy.

Phew, that was a mouthfull thxs to my bad english skillz :LOL:

My hours
-----------
SAT = 7 hours!! wtf
SUN = 8 hours!! wtf
MON = 4 hours, not to bad ::)

You will probably get paid more for working sundays, most places do that. So it aint all that bad.

LOL
Well I hate talking to peeps! I really hate telling people that there systems are dead and that they need a new one. (Last week) I had to tell this granny lady that lighting melted her motherboard and when the MoBO went it took the hard drive,video card
,sound card,Nic,floppy,Cdrom, and the CD in the Cdrom.

But for the most part I love what I do! There is something about repairing or building a system that is magical for me. Its like watching a son growup!

Hehehehe that was for the shrink.

Originally posted by thenerdguy
I had to tell this granny lady that lighting melted her motherboard and when the MoBO went it took the hard drive,video card
,sound card,Nic,floppy,Cdrom, and the CD in the Cdrom.

:eek: you stole an old grannys computer!!?!?!?! BWHAHAHA ow my spleen

My hours...

Fri - 7 hours
Sat - 6 hours
Sun - 5 hours

Originally posted by Jager
Good luck on getting the job, Simmo. Hope you get it :)

Ive already got it d00d :D, got it today, the day I went to the interview :LOL:, its only a weekend job tho :)

I need to get a job.... as I have said before.... I hopfully will be working with my best mate in a butchers shop :p (you guys mite kno him as DustBinRaider... thats what he joined these forums as :p)

Originally posted by simmo2k3
Ive already got it d00d :D, got it today, the day I went to the interview :LOL:, its only a weekend job tho :)
Oh my bad, I should actually try reading the thread more thoroughly.

Are you gonna use your money to upgrade your system?

I'm 19 and spend my day reading technology/video game related news (and sometimes do actual work 1-2 hours a day). My contract is 40 hours but I can only manage 35, because at 4PM I go insane.

Thanks to HUGE taxes in US that only comes out to around $350 per week. :(

nice job simmo. now you wont have to worry about not having money for upgrades etc.

Gawd dang!!!, its saturday, my first day, god was it hard...I thought "stacking shelfs ?, LOL anyone can do that!" , god i'm soo tired and my muscles are hurting like hell, 8 1/2 hours I worked! :LOL: , and i'm a pretty fit well in shape guy (11 seconds for 100m :D)

I'm seriously considering quiting if its TOO much hard work for the rest of the week.

*sigh*

ahhman.. you get used to it i think. you can only get stronger.

I'm seriously considering quiting if its TOO much hard work for the rest of the week.

Man don't do that. How do you expect to get through life if you quit every job because it's too difficult. Keep at it and see what happens, it'll get easier and eventually you might even enjoy it (on some crazy level).

Originally posted by $pazmatazz
Man don't do that. How do you expect to get through life if you quit every job because it's too difficult. Keep at it and see what happens, it'll get easier and eventually you might even enjoy it (on some crazy level).

Yeah your right...you just made me fell like a baby crying because I dont like it ;( :LOL:

Gawd dang!!!, its saturday, my first day, god was it hard...I thought "stacking shelfs ?, LOL anyone can do that!" , god i'm soo tired and my muscles are hurting like hell, 8 1/2 hours I worked! :LOL: , and i'm a pretty fit well in shape guy (11 seconds for 100m :D)

*sigh*
Yeah man, jus think, by the end of 2-3 months you will be much stronger, and much richer. that'll be the time hl2 is here. plus hard work is good to pass the time.

I got $280 this week, thats a lot considering im 15...
I worked my ass off though.

Has anyone read that i can get 11 seconds running the 100m sprint ?, i'm so kewl eh ? :LOL:

aahhh... i just made ~80USD for a 4 hour work :)

Edit: And its good for a 16 year old, isnt it?

yer, dude it you quit this what you going to do when your working your dream job making stuff for games (or what ever it is, went for the obvious 1 :p), and you've got that dealine to meat :x... Anywho, good job in getting it, and friend it can only get easier...

Originally posted by Stone
it can only get easier...
What if he gets chronic arthritis? then the stockin will be hard. and therefore the job will be harder! oooo got ya there!
(jus tryin to include myself in the convo)(bored)(yes)

It was my second day today, it was MUCH better i really enjoyed it, I hated it yesterday because I got told today I was working with the hardest working employee, they call him a machine because he never stops :D

Ugh, my long working weekend is almost over. Friday I made $20 :(. Saturday I made $80:). That's what's bad about the restaurant buissness(SP?), it's a very inconsistantly paying job. Today is Sunday, hmm..., I'll probably make somewhere in the $50's or $40's. Not bad. Not good, but not bad. ;) Just can't wait for it to be over. I have all the money I need now for my new comp.:) Helloooooooooo radeon 9800!

Originally posted by chili pepper
I make $185 a week doing nothing (unemployment insurance).

I use to make twice that driving a forklift before I was laid off a couple months ago.

lol..im joining ya, i just got laid off and im gonna be getting $300 a week, so a few side jobs here and there for cash and bang i should take around 8-$900 a week

Back