NBC films US soldier committing war crime

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Confusion of the Attrocity

I saw the actual footage which encompassed a total of 15:00 minutes in my Windows Media Player.

After watching the squad jump from plain to plain, they get orders on their radio requesting they visit a previously occupied house. The first squad involved was not told Marines had previously occupied the home, on orders from a US Tank unit who had assumed their were wounded insurgents inside the house.

The second squad of US Marines arrives behind the first, coming out of the right side view of the Camera. After a brief two minute talk, the squad then moves together.

Apparently, into the last three minutes, this house/mosque is viewable. In the distance, a damaged tankette rolls by. The US Infantry dont seem to think anything of it, as their mostly looking at the ground trying to avoid cracks in the terrain.

On the last two minutes, their are within a good proximity of the house. Out of the left corner of the screen more US Marines are seen approaching the house. The two squads with the Camera man stop and yell to the other squad. The other squad, squats down and bunches around in a formation.

"Hey! Hey! What're are you guys?"

The other squad yells back,

"US Marines you dipshit -- I did'nt think more people were coming to this house. Is that what your here for too?"

The leader of the first squad motions for his unit to move out, and the second squad follows on orders by their first luietenant.

The first squad leader yells back,

"Yea -- we got a call, saying that their were insurgents in the house. Here to take 'em out."

The other squad in the left hand screen gets a motion from their Captain, and they soon too move out. This is where the NBC Footage picks up. The first and second squad form into a staggered column formation, and make way to the house. In the distance, an explosion is heard.

The other squad is now not viewable, as they've run to the other side of the house, anticipating the arrival of the other squads based on their initial proximity to the mosque.

When the first squad of marines arrive in front of the house, the other unit is there to greet them. They're both waiting on the opposite ends of the house, when one of the soldiers speaks from the squad opposite of the camera-crew.

"Hey, you guys almost got shot by a tank."

The first squads Captain returns conversation.

"Huh?"
-
"You guys were almost shot by a tank?"
-
"Tank...wha? Who sent you guys here?"
-
"Ugh, these guys in this tank--told us to come here. Said their were still some insurgents"
-
"Oh, are they in they're now?"
-
"Yea..."
-
"Wait... wait a moment--go in there carefully. I hear something"
-

Just then, the squad opposite of the Camera takes formation, and bangs through the entrance. The Squad with the Camera-men, gets signal, and follows in after.

Their, standing a couple meters away, are three marines already in the house.

"Hey guys, what're you here for?"

The first squads captain advances to the top right corner of the room, and his squad breaks out into a line formation in front of some of the bodies.

"Were here for wounded insurgents"

The captain answers.

The Camera-man then pans down a view of the soldier about to be shot.

From the back we can here.

"These are their dead and wounded. We got their weapons, and we were told by some tank group to come in here too. Guess they wanted us to scoop them off."

Then, we get the rest...

"Hey wait a moment...!"

"He's, he's ****ing not dead!"

"He's ****ing not dead, look he's breathing!"

"He's playing ****ing possum! He's not dead!"

"He's f***ing faking he's dead. He faking he's f***ing dead."

Then the marine, not visible on the Camera, is heard shooting his rifle. The head slams back from a round burst, and the bullets rip pretty cleanly through the mans skull.

The body goes instantly limp, and their is a light spray of dust and blood agains the wall were the head last was.

"He's dead now."

Was the last thing heard on the video.

"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic."

http://www.ogrish.com/attachments/2004/11/16/ogrish-dot-com-marine_shoots_wounded_pow_video.wmv

Heres the link to the video.

For those of you concerned, and about Ogrish's reputation, this is pretty...nill to anything I've seen of typical war footage.

The person shot is'int the one nearest to the camera. The person shot happens to be in the distance, and does make movement to an AK-74SU Compact. (Its quiet visible).

A marine observer [Captain] can be seen during the accusations of movement and "possum", approach the accuser from behind, and watch were this other soldier believes there's movement.

Its hardly graphic, and hardly painful for the man killed.

K e r b e r o s said:
The person shot is'int the one nearest to the camera. The person shot happens to be in the distance, and does make movement to an AK-74SU Compact. (Its quiet visible).
is it the dark thing leaning against the wall?

sorry I'll take the word of the guy at the scene over yours. I've watched the video several times and not once did I see a weapon anywhere near the wounded prisoners

it looks like cold blooded murder to me

Its not cold-blooded murder. The Insurgent shot was not a part of the collected wounded, and because of this, was assumed to be KIA by the previous operators who controlled the mosque.

The squads discussing the situation dont overview directly which ones were to be taken prisoner, or which ones were killed. I think the marine was just being a little more cautious then he should've been, but here it is again, the point im trying to make.

The insurgents have been using trick after trick against US and Iraqi Personel. Of course its war, and I cant blaim them--but the man who shot the soldier dead, was wounded previously after checking a "dead" insurgents body. The corpse, was strapped down with an IED, and the man took shrapnel to the face.

I dont think he wanted to take a chance, of being this time, unlucky and obliterated because of a better and more well placed IED. I dont call this murder at all. Whats more, the prisoner, never ascertained his situation, by surrendering to begin with.

Technically, he was fair grounds.

i agree kerberos, i doubt he will be punished for this. "cold blooded murder." what a farse.

no one here seems to know army tactics either, when assaulting through the objective you're supposed to double tap every enemy whether they're alive or dead, can't take the chance of them getting up and shooting you, and it's not murder, it's called staying alive in a war zone

die for all us soldiers

hi all,

i think that fighting for its country is not a crime or terrorism, if some muslim army wants to teach democracy to americans and sends hundred thousands of soldiers, tanks, bombs, planes and kill even injured civilians in a church then i want to know what americans will do are they going to surrend just because this is the most powerful army in the universe?

sincerely i hate war but will never surrend.

kerberos, gh0st there is no getting thru to you. You both gloss over the fact that the marine killed a wounded human being. I have no doubt in my mind that if the roles were reversed and it was a wounded US soldier shot at point blank range by a iraqi soldier you'd be screaming bloody murder.

The 2 of you represent a sad sorry state of the youth of america ..life is cheap to you. You wear your allegiances like a badge of honour that cant possibly be tarnish no matter how often your government scrapes the bottom of the ethics barrel.

CptStern said:
kerberos, gh0st there is no getting thru to you. You both gloss over the fact that the marine killed a wounded human being. I have no doubt in my mind that if the roles were reversed and it was a wounded US soldier shot at point blank range by a iraqi soldier you'd be screaming bloody murder.

The 2 of you represent a sad sorry state of the youth of america ..life is cheap to you. You wear your allegiances like a badge of honour that cant possibly be tarnish no matter how often your government scrapes the bottom of the ethics barrel.
a marine killed a wounded insurgent. thats justified. haha.. the canuck thinks he knows about the youth of america. congratulations!

Good grief.

I don't know how anyone can justify this. It disgusts me these so called "liberators" are doing this to WOUNDED HUMAN BEINGS. It doesn't matter what the victim has been doing. He's wounded and unarmed, you don't shoot him anymore.

Ugh.

waedoe said:
a marine killed a wounded insurgent. thats justified. haha.. the canuck thinks he knows about the youth of america. congratulations!

this coming from someone who thinks creating a mod based on the horrors of the israeli/palestinian conflict is a good idea

ya you've got your finger on the pulse of america :upstare:

waedoe said:

this coming from someone who thinks creating a mod based on the horrors of the israeli/palestinian conflict is a good idea

ya you've got your finger on the pulse of america :upstare:

what's next? a mod based on the horrors of darfur? or how about one based in Abu gharib?

since i'm back on the boards for a few days, i'll add my unwanted and politically disruptive views on the matter;

When france was invaded by Germany during WW2, they had a resistance army. They killed ze germans by planting roadside bombs, and were generally disruptive, blowing bridges up etc. America saw this French resistance army as being 'good' because they were killing Germans. The enemy.

Well, Iraq has been invaded by their enemy. America. The invasion has caused massive disruption to services throughout the country, and americans killing lots of civillians in the name of 'God' (not Allah, either) just doesn't make things much better from the average Iraqis perspective.

You can't call the Iraqi resistance fighters terrorists - they didn't go out to find innocent civillians on any other countries soil. They're defending their own. If America invaded my country, i'd probably do the same.

lePobz said:
since i'm back on the boards for a few days, i'll add my unwanted and politically disruptive views on the matter;

When france was invaded by Germany during WW2, they had a resistance army. They killed ze germans by planting roadside bombs, and were generally disruptive, blowing bridges up etc. America saw this French resistance army as being 'good' because they were killing Germans. The enemy.

Well, Iraq has been invaded by their enemy. America. The invasion has caused massive disruption to services throughout the country, and americans killing lots of civillians in the name of 'God' (not Allah, either) just doesn't make things much better from the average Iraqis perspective.

You can't call the Iraqi resistance fighters terrorists - they didn't go out to find innocent civillians on any other countries soil. They're defending their own. If America invaded my country, i'd probably do the same.

The old saying "one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter" is 100% true..

I'd add to that, saying that no side can be correct in their judgment of either, due to the fact its completely based on perspective, and nothing else

bliink said:
The old saying "one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter" is 100% true..

I'd add to that, saying that no side can be correct in their judgment of either, due to the fact its completely based on perspective, and nothing else

How true

bliink, great point. CptStern, I've acknowledged your point already -- and I understand the grounds for it can be considered a war crime.

Just thought I'd tell you, that im not just listening to myself or the media's take. I've believed your point aswell.

I personally think all the people inside the mosque were actually civillians, not fighters.
Don't believe what the american military says ..

a bit offtopic, but I really hate it when people say that.
no, just because people have diffirent opinions on one thing doesn't mean all are right or no one is right. it just means some people are getting it wrong or don't have enough information; you being one of them.
didn't you earlier say
maybe if you all were in iraq getting shot at you'd have more reason to comment, beyond that, it's easy to look at a situation from the outside and say what is right and wrong, but how is it from the inside?
Maybe if you were an oridnary Iraqi citizen who saw his country getting ripped apart and his fellow citizens getting sprayed .. you'd have more reason to comment.

I love how americans are justified because they want to protect thier lives .. as if we (iraqis) are the ones who travelled hundreds of thousands of miles to thier country to attack them and kill them.

Do you wanna know how terrorists recruit more terrorists?

They use images like these.
So, you think there is no reason to fight America? what an idiot.
Do you wanna know how Americans recruit more idiots? they spew propaganda 24/7 .. telling them that americans are good and that terrorists fight america because they hate thier culture or hate freedom.
and when an evidence of american brutality surfaces .. you simply dismiss it and claim that terrorists put it out of context to recruit terrorists.

what is this context .. I wanna know. what part of America's actions in Iraq are good?

hasan said:
didn't you earlier say

no, I didn't say that. That was another user.

My point is still valid.
Your definition of a terrorist is and always will be skewed due to your perspective on the matter, as is your view on "freedom fighters"
There is no correct definition of either because the whole basis for both of those terms relies upon human perceptions and not simple 'fact'

ouch ouch .. right, it was another guy.
I mixed you with him cuz he said "How true" to your comment :p

Well Hasan, it is your perspective that you believe. I believe, my own perspective. Perspectives, when voiced, become opinions.

Each to his own.

CptStern said:
are you referring to the promised land?

hmm .. I'm thinking about a mod about Iraq :naughty:
the concept is already there .. a good starting point would be to replace combine models with marine models.

Sprafa said:
"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic."

Yay, Stalin.

And Hasan... don't be comparing the Combine to US Marines... that just ruins the game.

i'm not supporting the US soldier, but war is war! that iraqi rebel should have seen it comming! i belive that fighting for months isn't really easy, especialy as the US soldiers arent the brightest of people! the geneva convention is more or less a bunch of crap invented by aristocrats! nobody really respect it! humans have always been cruel! altough i wouldnt like to be in such a situation, thats for sure!

the point is "in love and war, everything is alowed" or something like that!

And Hasan... don't be comparing the Combine to US Marines... that just ruins the game.
why? it makes it better :p
I mean C'mon, you killed marines in HL1 anyway.

and i'm not trying to make impossible comarisons .. this is the way I see it.

It is impossible Comparisons. They're genetics are completely different, and the pictures taken from both the game, and the real life you h8, are'nt in the same contexts as they other.

Even your own Police kick down doors -- are any of us screaming "OMFG CANADIAN COMBINE!!1"

No. ^^

They're genetics are completely different,
:LOL:
and the pictures taken from both the game, and the real life you h8, are'nt in the same contexts as they other.
um, yes they are: opressive occupation raiding people's homes.
and the other one, a citizen lying on the ground in humiliation.

what context are you talking about?

hasan said:
promised land isnt around anymore i dont know why its in his sig.

hasan said:

the concept is already there .. a good starting point would be to replace combine models with marine models.

wow, heavens forbid the marines use tactics when fighting, jesus christ man, do u want us to knock or to aske them to sit quietly? ur nuts

Why am I nuts? because I'm trying to defend my country (At least with words) agaisnt some idiots who came thousands of miles to invade it?

hasan said:

wow, heavens forbid the marines use tactics when fighting, jesus christ man, do u want us to knock or to aske them to sit quietly?

and "laying on the ground in humilation", hes being arrested, he should be happy we dont chop off his head or shoot him the back ofd the head, maybe america should start doing that so people know not to F*Ck with us

wow .. double post .. n00b :p

oh and .. are you trying to justify the American oppression?

edit:
lol the second post had more content actually.
look you stupid american, you are already doing thigns worse than that.
actually, the beheadings were originally in retaliation to your attrocities, you idiot.

I'm a bit disheartened by this news. I hate it when things like this happens. It wasn't right what that soldier did. I still support the US military though. Of course it has its very rotten apples, every military does.

There are many people who are in the military who weren't good people before they joined, and aren't really going to be changed from that fact after they join. But there are alot of decent soldiers still out there, the majority.

hasan said:
edit:
lol the second post had more content actually.
look you stupid american, you are already doing thigns worse than that.
actually, the beheadings were originally in retaliation to your attrocities, you idiot.
hah eg, you really brought out hasans true colors, well done. looks kind of like he needs a nap really. go clean of that ak47 hasan, america is just a few miles south my friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back