Near death experience while playing WoW

CptStern said:
what does that have to do with the facts?

again, what does that have to do with the facts?

btw: no, yes, yes, yes, yes facts are facts, facts are facts

If I have to explain what the difference is between being a US citizen, living in our culture, and just knowing what the hell your talking about compared to your "facts"....well then Im not even gonna waste my time! Or maybe Ill just start rambling off a bunch of bullshit about Canadians because I have "facts" about them, when in reality I dont know shit for what Im talking about!! :LOL:

Agent.M said:
If I have to explain what the difference is between being a US citizen, living in our culture, and just knowing what the hell your talking about compared to your "facts"....well then Im not even gonna waste my time!

so you're saying that facts are meaningless unless you actually live there?

Agent.M said:
Or maybe Ill just start rambling off a bunch of bullshit about Canadians because I have "facts" about them, when in reality I dont know shit for what Im talking about!! :LOL:

go ahead ..if they're facts they'll stand up on their own, if you're full of shit, well then that'll be apparent as well

Adrien C said:
You guys are getting off-topic with your hate for the United-States.

:upstare: ya that must be it ..we hate the US

Adrien C said:
Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

I'm pretty sure this is the real quote:

0457GunsDontKill.jpg

or perhaps this one

0667GunsDontKill.jpg

or even this one

1__se_guns_c_juaxss.jpg

Canadians banned guns because they don't need them.

There's nothing beer and hockey sticks can't fix.

CptStern said:
we hate the US

So the truth comes out! Heh, only kidding.

Guns are indeed a deterent, and I would be interested in knowing how a ban of guns would be introduced. What about all of the criminals with illegal guns. Would police be allowed to have firearms? Would hunters or people who shoot for sport be allowed? Would all calliber/type of firearm be banned?

What then do we do about knives? It is pretty easy to walk up behind someone you hate and cut their throat/jab their spine/whatever you want to make it painful. It is pretty easy to kill with a knife.

People killed eachother before guns, the idea of murdering didn't start when guns did.

And I'd rather be shot than stabbed. Perhaps we should get rid of guns completely, and just use mustard gas to deter crime?

Glirk Dient said:
So the truth comes out! Heh, only kidding.

Guns are indeed a deterent, and I would be interested in knowing how a ban of guns would be introduced. What about all of the criminals with illegal guns. Would police be allowed to have firearms? Would hunters or people who shoot for sport be allowed? Would all calliber/type of firearm be banned?

getting rid of this would be a good start ..no one could would ever associate that with home defense ..also it's just a simple matter of looking at how guns are regulated in other countries

Glirk Dient said:
What then do we do about knives? It is pretty easy to walk up behind someone you hate and cut their throat/jab their spine/whatever you want to make it painful. It is pretty easy to kill with a knife.

you know, that's a pretty silly leap of logic ..if that were remotely true there'd be an abnormally large number of stabbings in countries with strict gun laws ..which isnt the case

Glirk Dient said:
People killed eachother before guns, the idea of murdering didn't start when guns did.

how does that relate to what we're discussing in the least? the fact is that in the US if you are murdered it is overwhelmingly by firearm

more facts:

American children are more at risk from firearms than the children of any other industrialized nation. In one year, firearms killed no children in Japan, 19 in Great Britain, 57 in Germany, 109 in France, 153 in Canada, and 5,285 in the United States. (Centers for Disease Control)

In one year, more children and teens died from gunfire than from cancer, pneumonia, influenza, asthma, and HIV/AIDS combined.

The rate of firearm deaths among kids under age 15 is almost 12 times higher in the United States than in 25 other industrialized countries combined. (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)

http://www.neahin.org/programs/schoolsafety/gunsafety/statistics.htm#america

Seems like this guy is in the military somewhere in a dormitory

FFS Stern. I've always enjoyed your point of views and I agree with them. We need more gun control in the US, for sure -- we all know this and have known this aside from the gun enthusiasts. The death numbers are appalling but goddamn, do you have to make every other (of course it's not every other, but you know what I mean) thread into a debate? It was a funny picture and news story... and now it's a serious a quite a downer thread. Sure, it's yours, direct it in anyway

im showing this to my friend maybe it will scare him away from playing this 24/7

bryanf445 said:
im showing this to my friend maybe it will scare him away from playing this 24/7

"Do you have any idea, ANY IDEA AT ALL, what can happen to you for playing WoW? Let me show you..."

DeusExMachina said:
"Do you have any idea, ANY IDEA AT ALL, what can happen to you for playing WoW? Let me show you..."
"Oh shit, Goatse!"

DeusExMachina said:

yes that or, maybe just break the cd or something, but that would most put him over the edge and hed kill me probably

And the sad part is that most of the replies I've seen on that Livejournal consist largely of:

"OMG SUE!!!11`!@~!!one~!""
"OMG DID H3 GO2 JAIL?! LOL!!!~"
"OMG I HOPE U KALLD DA COPS LOL!!~@ONE~!"

As was so aptly stated in our IRC channel one day:
[22:53] <Raeven0> And all the comment posters are like OMG CALL POLICE SUE LOL
[22:59] <MisFit4Me> They're all the same
[22:59] <MisFit4Me> Giving this man the advice to "Call the police"
[22:59] <MisFit4Me> Wow, a bullet almost went through his head, I think the police know by now.
[23:00] <Raeven0> They act like the shooter committed a crime against humanity
[23:01] <Lex_Luthor> mistakes happen.. that bullet could have been a near miss car crash
[23:01] <Lex_Luthor> thats life
[23:02] <Raeven0> There are a thousand possible reasons the neighbour might have shot his [mirror], and the post seems to make no mention of any of them
[23:02] <Raeven0> The comment-posters are not entitled to act on any further data than "A bullet flew past my head."

dekstar said:
I think we should genetically remove people's index fingers so they can no longer use guns.
They could just start using their middle finger like in Sniper 2 :O

CptStern said:
why do so many people say that if guns were banned that only criminals would have guns? ..where would they get them if they're banned? Canada?

um... drugs? Remember the prohibition of alcohol? Americans are as idiotic and unresourceful as you think.

At any rate... something like this happened near where I live. There was a shooting range where a bunch of people were... well shooting. They had targets set up and a thick dirt mound behind it so bullets would just die in the dirt. Some how someone shot a bullet that went through the target, missed the dirt and then went across a large parking lot, through some building's window, and into some 14 year old kid's head while he was eating lunch. Now that is some serious bad luck.

Glirk Dient said:

Nowhere near as easy with a gun. With the knife you have to walk up to that person, take the knife and stab them, feeling the resistance of their bone/skin/organs all while their screaming, bleeding all over you and perhaps grabbing onto you. A gun is soo much easier.

ericms said:
Nowhere near as easy with a gun. With the knife you have to walk up to that person, take the knife and stab them, feeling the resistance of their bone/skin/organs all while their screaming, bleeding all over you and perhaps grabbing onto you. A gun is soo much easier.

You sir, have never slit a neck and run away.

And neither have I :E

Meh, I always here about stabbings when it comes to knife attacks. Still would you rather slit a person's neck or shoot them? I think the reason knife attacks happen at all is because some people just can't afford a damn gun.

I personally wouldnt be able to stab someone if I wanted. But i think your are trying to tell me that someone willing to shoot and kill somebody wouldnt have the fortitude to stab and kill somebody. If they want to kill someone, they will do it with a gun, and if they cant they will do it with a knife. Getting rid of guns would only make the murderer go for a knife.

If I were to be murdered, I would rather be shot than stabbed to death. Although you could make an argument that its easier to fight back when they have a knife, but usually murders are a surprise to the victim. If somebody walks up to you nonchalantly (sp?) then out of the blue stabs you... you would probably be too surprised, confused, and in too much pain to put up much of a fight.

CptStern said:
why do so many people say that if guns were banned that only criminals would have guns? ..where would they get them if they're banned? Canada?
Making something illegal does not just make it magically dissapear.

CptStern said:
you know, that's a pretty silly leap of logic ..if that were remotely true there'd be an abnormally large number of stabbings in countries with strict gun laws ..which isnt the case
True...however you have to remember violence is much higher in the U.S. than other countries. I won't argue the knives thing but people have always killed eachother, it wasn't invented with guns and now that we have mass produced guns it is far too easy to get one. Whether legally or through flea markets, gun shows, classified ads, the internets or from a friend or just stealing one. It is far too easy to get a gun illegally.

God, I swear, some of you European pricks need to shut the **** up.

All the racism (ok, not so much racism, but more like Stereotyping) I see towards Americans on this board is astounding.

"God, americans are such dumb idiots"

"Americans stab everybody"

"America is too dangerous"

"Americans are gun freaks"

"America is a warzone"

It's the ****ing Rednecks that you see on the internet! Nobody, and I mean NOBODY has guns just lying around like that. I bet that guy was just cleaning out his guns or something.

Alright, shooting the wall is some dumb shit, but come on peoples. We're not ALL idiots.

"British are uptight pricks"

"Tea time is gay"

"Irish people are all drunk dumb****s"

I LIVE in America, and I can say that from my point of view (A BORN American Citizen), my country works just fine. Aside from the off and corrupt political sign of things, living in my country is great.

Krynn72 said:
I personally wouldnt be able to stab someone if I wanted. But i think your are trying to tell me that someone willing to shoot and kill somebody wouldnt have the fortitude to stab and kill somebody. If they want to kill someone, they will do it with a gun, and if they cant they will do it with a knife. Getting rid of guns would only make the murderer go for a knife.

If I were to be murdered, I would rather be shot than stabbed to death. Although you could make an argument that its easier to fight back when they have a knife, but usually murders are a surprise to the victim. If somebody walks up to you nonchalantly (sp?) then out of the blue stabs you... you would probably be too surprised, confused, and in too much pain to put up much of a fight.

No, I'm just saying it'd be more intimidating. With a gun you don't even have to make any sort of contact with them. Even so I think we can both agree on the fact that neither of us wants to be ****ing stabbed.

...and randomly I say that this reminds me of some of Nick Swardson's standup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYByGHs16nI&search=Nick Swardson

CptStern said:

Because, if guns are illegal, then possessing them would make you a criminal. Hence why only criminals own guns.

I'm against the posession of guns by civilians (although I like guns) but for entirely different reasons than some/most of you.

CptStern said:
A few months ago my dad's shop was robbed by people with handguns, which are illegal in Ireland. Don't be so naive. Drugs are illegal...where do they get them from if they're banned? Mexico?

ríomhaire said:
A few months ago my dad's shop was robbed by people with handguns, which are illegal in Ireland. Don't be so naive. Drugs are illegal...where do they get them from if they're banned? Mexico?

They make 'em themselves.

:O

Lol@pepperboxpistols

ríomhaire said:

come on ..do I really seem that stupid that I'd believe they'd magically disappear overnight? guns are illegal (heavily regulated) in canada yet we still have gun related crimes

like any social change, it will NOT happen overnight ..unfortunately in the case of the US, it wont happen at all

ericms said:
No, I'm just saying it'd be more intimidating. With a gun you don't even have to make any sort of contact with them. Even so I think we can both agree on the fact that neither of us wants to be ****ing stabbed.

...and randomly I say that this reminds me of some of Nick Swardson's standup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYByGHs16nI&search=Nick Swardson

lol. Yup, nobody wants to be stabbed.

...and randomly I say that Nick Swardson's standup reminds me of Stephen Lynchs's standup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXS7-94RmyI&search=stephen lynch

The internet can be misused, should it be banned.

Guns do have a positive side, self defense, I think America is too lenient on gun control but they shouldn't be banned (maybe you should earn a gun license by showing some competance in the use of firearms).

In the UK and Ireland, guns a very hard to get legally (espicially in N. Ireland), however there are criminal gangs/ terrorists, with plenty of firearms, if people have the money they can get anything.

Mr Stabby said:
(maybe you should earn a gun license by showing some competance in the use of firearms).
So if you do have a breakdown and go crazy at least you'll prove a challenge for the police system.

competence would also include how safe that person would be with a weapon,
there are a high number of injuries caused by accidental discharges of firearms, and some sort of screening to prevent 'crazy' people from being allowed a gun license would be a good idea.

Mr Stabby said:
The internet can be misused, should it be banned.

Guns do have a positive side, self defense, I think America is too lenient on gun control but they shouldn't be banned (maybe you should earn a gun license by showing some competance in the use of firearms).

In the UK and Ireland, guns a very hard to get legally (espicially in N. Ireland), however there are criminal gangs/ terrorists, with plenty of firearms, if people have the money they can get anything.
Most gun crime is from people who don't have lots of money.

Solaris said:

Exactly. Its waaay to easy to get a gun. Even illegally. Anyone could do it.

Hey I don't like the comment about the alliance but whatever. I don't think I would be sitting here typing this message if out of the blue a 44 magnum bullet comes through my wall, bounces off my computer desk then misses me by 3 inches. Luck man.

Imagine how high that guy jumped when it happened.

Can just see his reaction in game, a speech bubble above his WoW character... "i just got shot at by a 44 magnum LoL!".

Solaris said:

guns aren't necessarily expensive, I was making a point about how hard it is to control the black market

Glirk Dient said:
What about swords? Yeah they cut but they aren't designed to cut tomatoes and onions now are they?
Sorry to butt in, but when's the last time you went to someone's house and found a drawer full of swords in the kitchen?

sinkoman said:
God, I swear, some of you European pricks need to shut the **** up.

All the racism (ok, not so much racism, but more like Stereotyping) I see towards Americans on this board is astounding.

"God, americans are such dumb idiots"

"Americans stab everybody"

"America is too dangerous"

"Americans are gun freaks"

"America is a warzone"

It's the ****ing Rednecks that you see on the internet! Nobody, and I mean NOBODY has guns just lying around like that. I bet that guy was just cleaning out his guns or something.

Alright, shooting the wall is some dumb shit, but come on peoples. We're not ALL idiots.

"British are uptight pricks"

"Tea time is gay"

"Irish people are all drunk dumb****s"

I LIVE in America, and I can say that from my point of view (A BORN American Citizen), my country works just fine. Aside from the off and corrupt political sign of things, living in my country is great.

I couldnt agree more, why do people on these boards have so many issues with Americans!?! Are you guys all just a bunch of Euro dorks that have to bitch and trash talk another culture cause you cant get laid!?! They talk shit but wont hesitate for a sec to come crying to us for help when some foreign country is invading. But hey its ok bro they're just jealous cause they cant live here!! :cheers:

Back