need help with playing 1st game!!!!

stonecarver21

Sandvich
Reaction score
downloaded my 1st game, medieval2: total war, and it will not start!!! i've gone over all of the requirements, I am quite sure theyre met or exceeded. don't know what else to try. Updated drivers already. What next???? Emailed tech support but from what i see on other threads, I'm not terribly hopeful about getting a response anytime soon.

Try a verify, or delete the game and download again. Or if you haven't already, restart steam and your pc.

And maybe try starting steam as administrator.

Try this. Open up your Steam library and right-click on Medieval II: Total War and select properties. From there go to the "local files" tab and then click the button that says "verify integrity of game cache". Steam will then check if all your files are all correct.

If all else fails, have you tried simply turning off and on your computer?

Can't help you but must say Medieval II is a great game. Good choice my friend.

I'm hesitant to delete the game, afraid I'd have to pay to get it again, whats the best way to do this?

Once you buy a game on steam, you own it forever. You can delete and redownload it on as many computers, and as many times as you want.

Try all the other suggestions before deleting and redownloading. But it will not cost you anything.

Back