New Black Mesa: Source picsss

We haven't really looked into the use of HDR but will most likely before release.

Yes the hazard course will make a return, and its nostalgia :p

This is the mod I am most looking foward too, it looks amazing.

Thanks for this media, I allways appreciate updates from this one. :D

We'll be opening up a newsletter service for anyone who wishes to signup soon, you'll receive up-to-date information on the mod and any new happenings, for example interviews, hot topic threads and of course media releases.

Couldn't you make the hazard course as like a demo and release it earlier then the rest of the game?

Man I cannot wait for this. I thought someone would do this alot earlier though... but it should be good and a quality game since its taking so long...

iMMuNiTy said:
I don't if this has been mentioned, because I haven't read the whole thread, but... Sorry to be geeky, but I've noticed that the BMRF standart issue pistol is simply glock, when it's supposed to have a BMRF symbol on it... That'd be sweet. Anyways, awesome job.

I don't remember ever seeing that but IMO that sounds kinda stupid looking.

DoctorWeeTodd said:
I don't remember ever seeing that but IMO that sounds kinda stupid looking.
If you haven't seen it, how can you say it's stupid? For me it was a sweet detail.

iMMuNiTy said:
If you haven't seen it, how can you say it's stupid? For me it was a sweet detail.

I just loaded up a game of HL1. There was not a single word or image or logo visible on the pistol.

Is it on the right side that isn't shown in both HL1 and the BMS release pic?

Weird. Just. Weird.

I have nothing else to say... Perhaps I made that up, dreamt it? :|

iMMuNiTy said:
Weird. Just. Weird.

I have nothing else to say... Perhaps I made that up, dreamt it? :|

Wait...maybe it could be Blue Shift's berreta?

EDIT: I looked in the instruction manual on Blue Shift. It's just a really blurry circle resembling Berreta's possibly low res intentionally to avoid a lawsuit.

jheaddon said:
We haven't really looked into the use of HDR but will most likely before release.
Please, no HDR. :( Unless have an option to shut it off for "low-end" users.

BeaverMon said:
Please, no HDR. :( Unless have an option to shut it off for "low-end" users.
Of course. That's implemented into the menu by the Source engine (the turn-off bit). Only modders can remove that, and I doubt anyone would want to do that.

As immunity said i highly doubt VALVe won't give the player an option to turn HDR off. As this is a long project we will probably look into the use of HDR lighting as graphic cards will have evolved further closer to our time of release.

i dunno about others, but i thought the dam pics without HDR were cooler...

omg...i'm...this IS an old thread...i'm terribly sorry... i never looked at dates, i'll keep that in mind.

I dunno.. Waaaay back when when i first bought Steam and saw "Half Life: Source" I got really excited because I thought they re-did Half Life like they redid CS into CSS... I think it'd be pimp, probibly better than HL2

I dunno.. Waaaay back when when i first bought Steam and saw "Half Life: Source" I got really excited because I thought they re-did Half Life like they redid CS into CSS... I think it'd be pimp, probibly better than HL2
Well if you read anything about HL:S you should have realized.

this is a entire redo, hl source was a known UPDATE not a entire thing

All real HL-fans will love, I repeat, love Black Mesa Source!
With the new engine it will be almost as to play a new game!
Can't wait to play it :D :D :D

gordito said:
is there a new location for pictures? this link isn't working..:(
Oh, they had some problems with their host, they're coming back online in a few days.

Back