New Black Mesa: Source picsss

MetalliMyers said:
Is there an ETA for this mod?

Its going to be a long time, remember how many maps HL1 had? Well they have to do all those.

Foooweee, that looks damn nice. Especially the Surface Tension shots. In the PC Gamer scan I spotted the new Marine model too, can't wait for this.

Wow.

Those shots look amazing. Very talented people working on that. Should be really awesome.

A few questions. Are they completely remaking HL1 with the Source Engine? Or just a few maps that you can play on. Although I'm guessing the latter, a complete, total revamp of HL1 on Source would be really, really awesome.

Now, if it is the former, how exactly do you go about doing this? Do you basically have to remake the whole game? Or can you somehow make the maps and models and then incorporate the scripted scenes, enemy movement etc.

Is there a website dedicated to the development of the game? If anyone has a link, that would be awesome.

Great website right here http://www.blackmesasource.com/ (answered my own question)

They are redoing the entire game for the Source Engine. Learn more at blackmesasource.com

Wow, after visiting the site I am really pumped about Black Mesa: Source.

I read through their basic forum FAQ and it seems they are trying to keep it as close to the original game as possible, while throwing in a few of their own touches. I just hope they don't do overdo it and lose the feel of HL1. They did stress that this was Blackmesa: Source, not Half-Life: Source. I hope they keep most of the scripted stuff, monster locations, gun locations, etc. the same.

All in all (it's just another brick in the wall), looks like an awesome mod.

I always have loved the original feel/engine of HL1 though...however this will be a cool change.

I bet you all a pile of money that it never gets finished. This is a massive, massive job.

I don't if this has been mentioned, because I haven't read the whole thread, but... Sorry to be geeky, but I've noticed that the BMRF standart issue pistol is simply glock, when it's supposed to have a BMRF symbol on it... That'd be sweet. Anyways, awesome job.

Dagobert said:
I bet you all a pile of money that it never gets finished. This is a massive, massive job.

I'll gladly take that bet.

Cheers for all the comments guys, much appreciated as always. Stick tight for some more stuff soon.

Oh my good god! That looks so very, very cool and I cant wait for this to come out (I know, I'll have to 'cos it wont be finished for ages cos its a huge project)! That is so damn cool

Sorry for going off-topic, but I have a question... Will the pistol and SMG use the same ammo, like in HL1?

What i'm worried about is by the time this is released, will the source engine be old news?

(IE, will there be something bigger and better out by then)

There may well be. That's game development for you :)

We're going to try keep with the flow of things and use what relevant and useful technologies are about to keep BM:S up-to-date and impressive

Okay, I want to see a Xen pic in the next media blowout. Oh, and a revamped Test Chamber with all the fixins'.

EDIT: The Media looks incredible, but what about the story, will it be a faithful reiteration of the original with some new content?. I'd like to help, but it doesn't look like they are looking for a writer, eh well....

We don't need a writer, we already have the story from HL1, we are keeping to this as closely as we can.

It is unlikely you will see Xen or the Test Chamber in any media releases before the download of the mod is made available, just some of the areas we'd like to keep for a suprise :)

This mod is quite an impressive feat.
I wish you guys the best of luck.

Love what you have so far.

Damn it looks like that dam was rendered in 3D studio Max with like 8 million polys

Keep it coming!

In the words of Napoleon Dynamite in the milk-drinking scene...
Yesssssssss....

Looking pretty damn incredible...

Question: Will you be revamping the hazard course too or just the main game?

iMMuNiTy said:
One more question. Will you include HDR technology?
It would take too much effort to include in all maps. It probably wouldn't work very well in BM. Plus they have multiple mappers with their own styles so it would end up working differently in different areas becasue alot of HDR is up to the mappers as far as I know.

ríomhaire said:
It would take too much effort to include in all maps. It probably wouldn't work very well in BM. Plus they have multiple mappers with their own styles so it would end up working differently in different areas becasue alot of HDR is up to the mappers as far as I know.
I assume all you have to do is to place an entity or a few to make a map HDR compatible. Why wouldn't it work in BM? I think it'd make things look even sweeter, IMO. Especially in that dam area. :D

HDR doesn't require a style... It's somewhat similar to env_sun entity, I presume.

Back