New Disturbed song - "Another Way to Die"

They couldn't spend the money to get a decent newsperson?

Pretty lame over all I must admit. Generic metal with uninspired lyrics.

It's always amusing when they put these daunting clips of big towers billowing out large plumes of smoke in these kinds of vapid, alarmist, self-righteous "environmentalist" videos, until you realize that those are in fact cooling towers and what comes out is fucking water vapor.

And by amusing, I mean really annoying.

News anchor is awful. Intro and first verse are okay, musically. Chorus is awful.

I loved Disturbed! they threw an awesome concert last time I saw them and I'm hoping to see them again this summer in town

Christ, why is it the more political a band gets, the more their music suffers for it? Disturbed are actually one of the few mainstream metal bands I can still listen to (well, some of their stuff), but goddamn if they aren't milking their formula for all it's worth. That verse could have been ripped straight from their first album. Same goes for the vocals. Chorus doesn't work at all. And whoops we sung it twice now that means it's time for COMPLETELY INDISTINGUISHABLE STOCK METAL GUITAR SOLO #1983539085.

I'd really love to know how much of these band's money goes towards finding solutions for the very real problems they treat as the latest thing to whine about to teenagers who couldn't give less of a ****.

I used to love Disturbed, but after every album they get worse. I give up. Have fun "discovering" them at wal-mart.

Every Disturbed song sounds the sound. That being said, The Sickness was and always will be fantastic, after that though it's just unnecessary.

Disturbed is a band you like when you are 12 and then you realize sucks as you get older.

Also the lead singer is a total ass.

Also he looks like Howie Mandel wearing Hot Topic apparel.

I liked Disturbed... in concept. They have a few great songs. This is alright but there's much better metal out there.
The video bothers me for being SO uncreative.

Pretty cool song but the lyrics are lol'able in parts, the video is very boring and unoriginal. Only heard bits of Disturbed, they have some very good songs from what I've heard.

The signer is very talented, the rest of the band is talented, but whoever is producing the last couple albums is using some copy paste computer shit. Just let them play, man. Sounds like a ****ing computer designed this song to be good. Computers have no feelings and I feel nothing now too.

Do some ****ing drugs or something and cut an album. (alcohol works)

Do some ****ing drugs or something and cut an album. (alcohol works)

If they need drugs to make a good album that proves they've gone to **** creatively anyway. Nah, I think, like alot of bands, they're trying to stick with the sound that made them popular and now they're stuck in a rut.

I think that the band is afraid to tell the singer, "hey, this part isn't working."

The part "can we be saved..." and all that. It's wayyy too deep. At worst it could have been spoken parts, instead of sung so dramatically.

But most songs I love don't tell me the whole story right away. You have to figure out what they are talking about. I'm insulted and embarrassed that they would spell it out for us, figuratively and quite literally (with the scrolling captions).

I think that the band is afraid to tell the singer, "hey, this part isn't working."
Quite very possible.

Yeah interest in alot of bands comes from trying to figure out the riddles and, as an art form, personal interpretation is really important.
Tool are a great band for that.

But most songs I love don't tell me the whole story right away. You have to figure out what they are talking about. I'm insulted and embarrassed that they would spell it out for us, figuratively and quite literally (with the scrolling captions).
Exactly what I hate about this kind of thing. Even more than that though, why are they singing about this stuff? I mean, I only need to turn on the ****ing news to hear about this kind of thing, I don't need popstars (or rockstars, metalstars, whatever) whining about how shit everything is in the most contrived way possible.

WE ALREADY KNOW THESE THINGS. YOU'RE NOT DOING US A SERVICE BY PUTTING IT INTO UNCONVINCING METAPHORS.

If they need drugs to make a good album that proves they've gone to **** creatively anyway. Nah, I think, like alot of bands, they're trying to stick with the sound that made them popular and now they're stuck in a rut.

Very true. Using drugs to create good music is like an athelete trying to use steroids to win a race, as a song writer myself in a band I'd much rather use the full brunt of my creativity to create music rather having to rely on drugs, a lot more satisfying, and healthy..

I haven't really heard much of disturbed, but I have their first album, and what struck me immediately was their sound hasn't really changed a great deal, its almost as if they have just been bellowing out the same stuff constantly for years, and to me that very uninspiring. You could argue that their sound isn't really open to change, but that's frankly down to the band's lack of creativity, they know their sound better than anyone else, and to gain pure recognition, a band has to mold that sound into different forms, while building on the successes of previous albums, and continuing to make it better. But like bad hat said, whats the point in singing about this stuff when everyone knows about the problems are already, especially with lyrics as blunt as in this.

The beauty of lyrics is that you can sing metaphorically, create images, feelings, scenarios, with your own imagination and produce superb music around it to convey it to the audience. It then puts them in another realm, while being taken by the music they are trying to interpret what the song is about, its like being taken on a journey through an album and if anything, through the mindset of the singer and the band in general (good albums anyway).

But then you get this, with albiet, pretty decent on the music side, but utterly uninspiring and boring lyrics that everyone has heard before, and a quite frankly hilariously bad video with it.

I'm glad you all agree with me about the hand-holding, how they won't allow you to interpret the song on your own. Pearl Jam was adamant that they would no longer make any music videos after what happened with 'Jeremy', even though it may have hampered their career. They don't want you to think of the video when you hear the song, they want you to draw your own conclusions.

But I didn't say use drugs or get drunk to create music. And what I meant was that the power alcohol has over our emotions could have been used when he sung it. I mean he is singing about the end of the world or whatever, and he comes off so disjointed and it's like he doesn't care. If he was truly upset enough to write the song, well he was no longer feeling much when he sung it, it sounded. Separated from his voice.

For example, listen to Pink Floyd "The Wall" and in some cases, it sounds like he is going to cry.

I also agree about the stale sound. Going from memory here, it's like they used the same guitar pedal effect for every one of their songs.

What a boring song.

And I usually enjoy listening to them every now and then.

Back