New Episodes of Old Nickelodeon Shows.

Reaction score
www.6theory.com/forum/index.php/topic/23760-nickelodeon-making-new-episodes-of-classic-90s-cartoons/

Due to Drop in Ratings, Nick Returns Classic Lineup

Jacob Suarez
Online Editor

Teenagers can finally rejoice because they now will be receiving what they have been talking about for years. For awhile now teens have been wishing that Nickelodeon will finally put their favorite cartoons back on the air and now their wish will come true.

Starting March 14, 2011, Nickelodeon will go back into the studios to produce new episodes for classic cartoons such as: Rocket Power, Doug, Rugrats, Hey Arnold, the Angry Beavers, and many more.

Cyma Zarghami, who runs the television station was quoted saying, “We have noticed a significant drop in ratings since our show from the late 1990’s. We have strayed from our cartoons and we believe that was our biggest mistake. We have contacted the producers from these shows and we were able to work out a deal to get them back to making new episodes.”

It is not known whether or not the shows will try to create new concepts for the characters, or if they will pick up from where they left off years ago. Rumors have been circulating that the kids in the shows have now aged and will be moving on with their lives. For instance, the gang from Rocket Power now have taken the leap into their teenage years and now attend high school in Ocean Shores, or Arnold and his pals from Hey Arnold, have now moved on from elementary school to middle school in New York.

Whatever new ideas they bring to the table they will be welcomed with open arms and hopefully they can remove the bad taste in our mouths from terrible shows that are on Nick now like iCarly, Big Time Rush, and TUFF Puppy.

Zarghami has not stated if the shows will be brought back full time or if it is making a comeback for a limited time to revitalize the Nickelodeon networks poor reputation in the new Millennium for cartoons and other shows. After the last episode of Rocket Power was aired, kids thought the only hope for Nickelodeon was Spongebob Squarepants but even that once great cartoon has had its own fall from grace.

Teenagers have wanted to show kids now-a-days what a real cartoon is made of but never had the evidence to convince these pups. Starting next month; these kids are in for the surprise of their lives.

*Crosses fingers for more Invader Zim

Implying Invader Zim is classic. It's not even from the 90s.

Anyway, this is some crazy shit. Do you have a reliable source? This is a forum post.

I have a feeling it will be terrible.

My only hope is they get Ren and Stimpy going right again.

Was Rocket Power from the 90s?

I found it on stumbleupon but I couldn't find any reliable sources with a quick google search.

Was Rocket Power from the 90s?

Well, it started in 99.

Either way, I didn't really like Invader Zim. It really was a significantly different style that gelled with a whole bunch of people who annoy me greatly. The random yelling and shit, god it's annoying. "DOOOOM!!" etc.

Invader Zim won't be back. The creator stated he'd love to work on it again, but all attempts to work with Nick since he got fired have been not happen good. Either way, show sucked.

Can't wait to see them think like the current writers do and take a page from 2011 'kids' culture and **** it all up.

Yeah, Zim did suck. It also got picked up by Hot Topic et. al., and that just drove it further down in my book. It's just a gross, unpleasant visual style coupled with the kind of people who got into it make me want to erase Zim from existence.

Angry Beavers, though, now that is some awesome shit.

Nostalgia shock imminent. Prepare for ruined childhoods.

Except for Angry Beavers. I watched them on Netflix recently, and they certainly hold up to my nostalgia.

i looked up iCarly and Big Time Rush to see what the **** they were. I watched parts of episodes, or something

my god

not exactly like the shows I used to watch were any better, but I mean. my ****ing god.

By the way did anyone else have a massive massive crush on Alex Mack BECAUSE THIS GUY DID

By the way did anyone else have a massive massive crush on Alex Mack BECAUSE THIS GUY DID
aw yeeeee

Edit: I am also saddened by the fact that All That! will never return and if it DID it would be populated with unfunny teens of today.

Nostalgia shock imminent. Prepare for ruined childhoods.

Except for Angry Beavers. I watched them on Netflix recently, and they certainly hold up to my nostalgia.
You know, they're making new content, not re-airing old shows. So I don't think nostalgia is going to have anything to do with if these shows suck. Well I mean, it will, but not in the way you're describing.

I have a feeling it will be terrible.

My only hope is they get Ren and Stimpy going right again.

Pretty much. It won't happen though, John K himself already ran that shit into the ground.

You know, they're making new content, not re-airing old shows. So I don't think nostalgia is going to have anything to do with if these shows suck. Well I mean, it will, but not in the way you're describing.

With the exception of the forum post, the other links from legit sources have only mentioned reruns, without even implying new content.

Unless they somehow clones teenage versions of Amanda Bynes, Keenan and Kel, and Clarissa, they can't exactly air new episodes of those shows without it being really ****ing weird.

Well I must admit that makes a lot more sense than actually creating new content based on these old shows. Now that I think about it, it would be an incredibly risky move for them to do that, because they're relying basically on people's nostalgia for success, and if they do something wrong they're going to be hated for it. And plus all the money it would cost to actually make the shows instead of just re-airing old ones. It would be so risky that I would respect them for even trying.

God damn forum post and its lies. I hate this thread now.

That and the fact that it would be incredibly expensive to mimic the artistic style of THAT many cartoons

aw yeeeee

Edit: I am also saddened by the fact that All That! will never return and if it DID it would be populated with unfunny teens of today.

I encourage you to rewatch an episode of All That!, and see if you still hold it to the same standards today.

That and the fact that it would be incredibly expensive to mimic the artistic style of THAT many cartoons

Nah they'd just use that crappy half-baked cutesy flash animated style that everything has now. Yaaaaaaaaay.

Ducking Foug! I loved Doug. Hopefully it'll be dees. Probably not.

And Rocket Power, Rug Rats, Hey Arnold... I wonder if any will be half-way decent. These shows were my shizzy in my pre-teen years.

I encourage you to rewatch an episode of All That!, and see if you still hold it to the same standards today.
Haha. Yeah, I realize it's probably really shit, but damn it. I still love it.

They've just started airing repeats of Hey Arnold, Rugrats and Wild Thornberrys here on a new channel, I love those old shows. They remind me of coming home from school, kicking back with a bowl of ice cream and just chilling out.

Eh, can't say I really care. Both my favorite nicktoons (Doug, Ren and Stimpy) were already remade after their initial run and both sucked. Wouldn't mind seeing more Rocko's Modern Life though. All the other nicktoons weren't really that good. Zim, Hey Arnold, Fairly Odd Parents, Kablam and Real monsters were fun to watch, but nothing more. What I don't understand is why dont they bring back the mother ****ing Animaniacs. That show was better than almost all the other nicktoons. combined.

edit: i know Animaniacs weren't Nick, but I still want it back

Rocket Power is ****ing, ****ing, ****ing awful. I think shit like Rocket Power and the Wild Thorn-berries is where Nick started to rapidly go down hill.

Also, all I want is some cheesy ass, Are you Afraid of the Dark? Can't believe none of you losers have mentioned it.

Imagine showing this to the new generation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxr-EhG3i94

Totally agree with ZT, I hated Rocket Power to hell. Thornberries sucked as well.

Basically Hey Arnold is the goddamn king. There is no greater. Runners up go to Rocko's Modern Life, Angry Beavers, and Invader Zim. Nothing else really phased me, though I definitely watched the hell out of everything.

That's not counting non-cartoons of course. You guys are really making me want to go on Keenan and Kel binge.

I'm not gonna lie, that wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting... go watch a clip from one of those new shows now. you may have been right o_0
Believe me, Ethersex. I've seen some of them already over the past 2 years. Nick is dead to me until they re-air these older shows.

Hell, I'd even watch My Cousin Skeeter if it aired again. Maybe.

Thread title needs to be chaaaanged.

I've watched some episodes of Rocko's Modern Life fairly recently, and if anything they're even funnier now because I can appreciate the humor more than when I was a dumb little kid. I'd really love to rewatch every episode.

And I've had a desire to watch Hey Arnold too, because I feel like I'll appreciate that show more now too.

It's interesting when you watch a show like Rugrats for example and realize how many ideas there are that obviously weren't written for children to understand.

I never watched Invader Zim. It got trendy before I even knew of it, and there was this obnoxious girl who wore a this t-shirt with Invader Zim written across the tits all the time, so I think that put a stigmata on the show that I could never look past.

Also, I stopped really watching TV by that point, since I'm pretty sure I was nearly done with highschool when the show started airing.

I'm trying to organize my favorites, but its pretty hard to do. Right now the order from most favorite to least favorite is something like:

Hey Arnold
Doug
Angry Beavers
Kenan and Kel
Rocko's Modern Life
Legends of the Hidden Temple
Clarissa Explains It All
KaBlam!
Wild and Crazy Kids
Double Dare
Are you Afraid of the Dark
Rug Rats
Catdog

The shows I didn't ever like were Hey Dude, Rocket Power, Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, The Amanda Show (except for the fap material), Salute Your Shorts.

Back