New Far Cry 2 Jackal Trailer

They said that it's the same game on the consoles and on the PC, so I don't think anyone's getting a bigger play area.

Looking phenomenal, flamethrowers and hang-gliders ftw. Methinks it's gonna make my new rig crawl though.

They said that it's the same game on the consoles and on the PC, so I don't think anyone's getting a bigger play area.
Yup, they've made quite clear that everyone's getting the same 50km squared of game area. They also seem to have been quite careful not to say anything about the graphical differences though, so we'll have to wait and see on that one. Personally, I don't expect there'll be much of a difference other than anisotropic filtering and better AA. Ignore anyone saying the console versions run of the medium graphics settings of the PC, this hasn't been stated by anyone officially and is purely speculation.

Far Cry 2 is gonna rape my computer.. And I can't afford a new comp until late next year.. Might end up having to get the 360 version.

Ugh. I gotta get my fall gaming computer built, otherwise my gaming boner will get smaller :(

I loved the gun jamming animation too, that will ramp up the tension in the middle of a firefight :D

I loved the gun jamming animation too, that will ramp up the tension in the middle of a firefight :D

I hope they balance it enough so it's not too annoying. The gun exploding mid-combat seemed a little hokey, but if I understand correctly it happens rarely.

I hope they balance it enough so it's not too annoying. The gun exploding mid-combat seemed a little hokey, but if I understand correctly it happens rarely.

A gun would have to be horribly old and decrepit to have anything like that actually happen. No way it'd happen to an AK either.

I thing the weapon exploding thing is stupid, but I like the jamming.

Man, I'm really looking forward to sandboxing the hell out of this game. I'm actually more looking forward to the map maker, but I'm really excited at the prospect of of the open world. It's too bad a lot of the confrontations that have been in all of the trailers are all looking really samey i.e. couple of huts out in the middle of nowhere, a boardwalk here or there, some more shacks, a watchtower treehouse, etc. Oh well!

But then I obviously haven't seen the entire game, so who knows whats to come.

A gun would have to be horribly old and decrepit to have anything like that actually happen. No way it'd happen to an AK either.

I thing the weapon exploding thing is stupid, but I like the jamming.

Old unstable ammo. And yes it could and has happened to an AKs.

Besides the weapons jamming, the only thing bothering me is the weapons damage. They just seem too weak. In one game play video the guy playing unloaded an entire clip on one dude from 4 meters, he didn't die, ran behind a corner, and after an extra half a clip he finally died. :|

Yep very realistic...

Old unstable ammo. And yes it could and has happened to an AKs.

Well he was talking about using a gun too much, not the ammo. I have a feeling that because they're implementing the possibility, it's probably going to happen at least 10 times during this game which is way too high - unless of course you can avoid it by just picking up enemy weapons constantly so you don't overuse just one gun.

So are you guys going to be able to play the game or get so annoyed that the guns explode after too much use that you can't stand it? :D

So are you guys going to be able to play the game or get so annoyed that the guns explode after too much use that you can't stand it? :D

If it's too annoying then I will only play it if there will be a mod to remove the so called realism elements...

They should just scrap the exploding gun crap.
How is that even fun?

If it's too annoying then I will only play it if there will be a mod to remove the so called realism elements...

From what I understand, it only happens after you've been using a gun for a long time. Also, the gun jams when it gets older so you'll probably be finding new guns before they end up exploding. I don't think it will be a problem.

Yup, they've made quite clear that everyone's getting the same 50km squared of game area. They also seem to have been quite careful not to say anything about the graphical differences though, so we'll have to wait and see on that one. Personally, I don't expect there'll be much of a difference other than anisotropic filtering and better AA. Ignore anyone saying the console versions run of the medium graphics settings of the PC, this hasn't been stated by anyone officially and is purely speculation.

They keep on showing the game on consoles and it looks great, so I don't think the PC version will differ much, cause otherwise they'd be showing that version with the best graphics.

Alot of the environments still look quite stale, not to mention that all it seems soldiers do is walk around hunched, patrolling, or stand around gormlessly waiting to be shot in the back of the head.

Also, night time looks horrendous. Maybe it's the low quality of the videos but it does not look like night at all to me.

Alot of the environments still look quite stale

By "stale" do you mean "drab"? I don't understand why everybody wants so many bright. saturated colors in their games. The graphics look very good to me. Just as I would expect the african savannah to look.

not to mention that all it seems soldiers do is walk around hunched, patrolling, or stand around gormlessly waiting to be shot in the back of the head.

The AI could be a bit more lively, but I would expect behavior like this in the stealth portions of the videos.

Also, night time looks horrendous. Maybe it's the low quality of the videos but it does not look like night at all to me.

It doesn't look too bad, but the lighting on the gun when outside at night looks kind of suspect.

By "stale" do you mean "drab"? I don't understand why everybody wants so many bright. saturated colors in their games. The graphics look very good to me. Just as I would expect the african savannah to look.

The AI could be a bit more lively, but I would expect behavior like this in the stealth portions of the videos.

It doesn't look too bad, but the lighting on the gun when outside at night looks kind of suspect.

No, I don't want bright saturated colours at all. I'm quite alright with the tone of the game, just the environments themself don't look too appealing. It's hard for me to see what area will be important to the game because so far all we have seen in terms of gameplay is the player moving from encampment to encampment killin' people. I have no idea if more detailed and important areas are going to show up in the game, and I really hope they do, but so far it's all looking very samey.

Don't get me wrong, it looks like Africa quite a fair bit, and I wouldn't expect to find much more than what we've already seen, but thats my point. It begs the question as to ''why Africa'' when so far there doesn't seem to be much that stands out in the gameplay or locations and environments.

I'm looking forward to it alot because I love to sandbox, but I dunno.

I remember in early interviews they talked about your notoriety, and how it affected the way civilians treated you in the main town. So far we've seen none of this, so I wonder if this was an early concept they scrapped, or if they're just not showing their whole hand yet.

I imagine they decided against using videos of wildlife and notoriety simulation in favour of action videos, because those of us who are looking for accurate and complex wildlife and notoriety simulation are a tiny demographic compared to the people who just want to blow shit up in a sandbox. :p

oh heck, I didn't know I could fix cars just by tightening a bolt on the engine.

The trailers aren't showing the player having fun at all if you ask me. Or it doesn't look fun at least, I'm just looking forward to it so I can do my own thing/play the game my own way because of how sandboxey it's meant to be.

The only trailer that has made my jaw drop so far has been the map creating kit.

Yeah cause I've never shot a weapon in a game before, ever. This game doesn't seem to have any social aspect of gameplay and I'm getting tired of STALKAN and OBLIVIONAN crap, which is what this game looks like.

OH **** THAT WAIT YOU SAY THE GRASS SWAYS IN THE WIND REALISTICALLY IN THIS GAME? I WANT 50 COPIES.

I'm getting tired of STALKAN and OBLIVIONAN crap, which is what this game looks like.

1. Learn to spell.
2. If you're not interested in the game, then don't buy it. For example, I'm not particularly a fan of RPGs like Final Fantasy, but that doesn't make them bad games.
3. What exactly do you have against those games?

1) **** you
2) Damn straight I won't. I will also tell everyone that I won't, and that this game looks shit. Because I ****ing can.
3) They're shit, and boring.
4) **** you again.

Even though I don't share Pesmerga's views on this game, lucking fol to the above.

Looks like someone left the troll off the leash.

They're bragging far too much about the open-ness of the game.
We've seen sandbox games before, Ubisoft... stop acting like your game is a revolution and actually show us some fun looking stuff.

Back