New Far Cry 2 Jackal Trailer

Can't wait. Looks amazing.

Nice to see some different healing animations now!

Looks sexy. I'm looking forward to stalking people in the jungle armed with a knife, a map, binoculars, and my wits.

Don't know about the gameplay, but it's pretty!

Looks sexy. I'm looking forward to stalking people in the jungle armed with a knife, a map, binoculars, and my mitts.

288752856_415bc60226.jpg

Foolish humans. What benefit could be had from merely two hands, when five is plenty?

Don't know about the gameplay, but it's pretty!

^This. I haven't played the first, but I hear it's nothing spectacular.

Second one looks just like another graphics race from what I can tell.

^This. I haven't played the first, but I hear it's nothing spectacular.

Second one looks just like another graphics race from what I can tell.

The first one was developed by Crytek. This was developed inhouse at Ubisoft, and is vastly different from the first (and no trigens!).

Either way, lack of high hopes from me. First one got me to the Trigens, then that was the straw that broke the camels back. I'll download and see if it's worth the $40-$50.

Either way, lack of high hopes from me. First one got me to the Trigens, then that was the straw that broke the camels back. I'll download and see if it's worth the $40-$50.
Yarr harr fiddledeedee!

I dont know if its my monitor, but everything seems extremely bleeched, overdone HDR light?

Looks good otherwise

what was up with the player being carried to safety by that other dude?

Licensed music choice again from Ubi is awesome.

Shaker used this track in a clip from BF2 he edited a few years ago, right? I think it was a different version though, not sure.

It sounds like angry arabic techno, if anyone knows the source I'd like to know, cause it sounds good.

Shaker used this track in a clip from BF2 he edited a few years ago, right? I think it was a different version though, not sure.

Yeah, correct. Great memory Unfocused. It was actually Jimbo who suggested that music. Uploading the video atm.

Yeah, correct. Great memory Unfocused. It was actually Jimbo who suggested that music. Uploading the video atm.

It was also used in black hawk down.
I bought a couple cds in baghdad that had most of Rachid Taha's music on them.

this....arrr!

Fuuuuck that looked awesome. Just from that video it is obvious that there will be more gameplay variety and a better narrative than Crysis.

Far Cry and Far Cry 2 are only similar in name and abundance of foliage. I think you'll be okay, there aren't any Trigens or Hawaiian shirts this time :p

My hype meter went from "Eventually Going to Buy" to "Finding a Relative to Kill to Give an Excuse to Take the Time Off College For This Game".

Lookin' pretty swish, will be picking this one up methinks.

Sweet mother of God, 2008's going to be a great year for gaming.

hey why the hell is everybody so pissed about the trigens in far cry? i kind a liked them

You're probably the only person that does like them D:

I hated them.

I liked the trigens a lot and I liked Far Cry 1 much more than most of the other shooters out there. The big guys with rocket launchers took things too far IMO though. One of my more memorable gaming moments was the introduction to the trigens in Far Cry. I wasn't expecting non-humans and enjoyed the surprise.

I really hope they developed it with at least some stealh playing involved.

I really hope the jungle foliage acts as dense cover. I want to sneak up on a patrolling Jeep that's stopped for a minute, stab the driver, circle around the vehicle, and then stab the guy who will inevitably be searching for the man who murdered his driver.

what was up with the player being carried to safety by that other dude?

When you start the game you can choose to be one of several players. Whoever else you didn't pick to be will be in the game as friendly NPCs who will occasionaly help you on missions and will show up to help you if you die or go unconscious or whatever.

I think you can kill the friendly NPCs though.. But not sure.

They are able to be killed while doing their own missions, and you could probably kill them too.

Yeah, you can kill them on a whim. Like if they look at you funny, or if you want their gun. The great part is that the story can supposedly adapt to the death of any main character.

I'm wondering what the differences will be between the PS360 and the Pc version. Is it just better graphics or are we talking bigger play area etc

Back