New Logo

Blackthorn

Reaction score
That new logo on the banner, I'm not a fan of it. I'm not sure if everyone else is, but I much preferred the older, clearer and simpler logo. Plus the compression ain't pretty.

tmpd77dtmp.jpg

For the confused.

I agree, I don't like it at all.

It looks great, just needs some space between characters.

Looks stupid. Nothing wrong with the old one.

I'm struggling to understand this too.
Heh, it's just the ring around the lambda is directly behind the L, making it look like an F. Somebody had to point this out to me, it really looks like a rotated F from a quick glance.

The ring should be a different color. Making the entire thing look uniform like that was a really poor design choice.

Of course the older logo is better anyway.

I am ENRAGED.
I liked the old simplistic font.
RAGE RAGE RAGE

I don't see how anyone could read that L as an F. Either way I don't like this logo and I still think the forum should have a more minimalist banner (I'm one of those eejits who uses default default).

THE LAMBDA SYMBOL SHOULD BE THE L.
IT MAKES SENSE.

Wah wah wah, I don't like change, wah wah wah.

Idiots.

The new logo is awesome.

Wah wah wah, I don't like change, wah wah wah.

Idiots.

The new logo is awesome.
Oh wow you are edgy. And being edgy is cool so you are COOL. I bet as you were writing that you were wearing shades and smoking and having sex and drink-driving a Mustang all at the same time.

I'm glad you think I'm edgy and cool. Your approval means the world to me.

Also, I go "drink-driving" all the time, so yeah, I am pretty awesome.

Bleh. I preferred the old one, don't really know why. This new one just doesn't seem to go well with the rest of the banner, to me it sort of stands out like it doesn't fit or something. Looks like it belongs somewhere else for some reason, unlike the old one. And it's kind of ugly anyway.
Why is it that only the Default - Fixed Width forum colour scheme actually has a banner at all? I think efforts would be better spent fixing that than tweaking the site's main banner, which was already pretty awesome. Either make a new one, or bring back that old one with the Dog concept art on it, or put in the banner from the main site; either would be better than a blank blue space at the top of the screen with Halflife2.net on it.

Yeah, I'm a whiny bitch.

It's a bit squashed up but tbh all I look at is the Lounge.

Therefore: Non-Give-A-Shittery on my behalf.

None of you like change :O

I've updated it slightly...

I don't like it. The expanding/drop-down menus were very useful, but I don't see the point in having to go to a whole seperate page to access some of the features under, for example, Community. It allows you to give a bit of description of each feature, but it seems a little pointless. Plus, the blue bar with all the links in it makes the page seem very broken up.

yuck, it looks so shit. Sorry to be blunt. Doesnt match anything

I don't like it. The expanding/drop-down menus were very useful, but I don't see the point in having to go to a whole seperate page to access some of the features under, for example, Community. It allows you to give a bit of description of each feature, but it seems a little pointless. Plus, the blue bar with all the links in it makes the page seem very broken up.

Oh wow, I didn't even know those blue bars contained links. The text and the background are exactly the same.

It's okay. I prefered the old one because it was pretty simple, but whatever, it's not like I even look up there.

Prefered the old one, but don't really care that much.

Nothing wrong with it but it does remind me of my Dragonball Z website-making days in 2001.

I don't like it personally, but it doesn't really affect anyone.

I certainly preferred the old design but theres nothing absolutely awful about the new one.

It looks alright. Like others said, you're on the forum for the witty banter, not the logo.

I think the new logo is just fine. Its a nice change in my opinion.

It looks like the mutant offspring of Munro and a corporate executive's advertising firm.

This is one change I have liked right from the start. I usually hate hl2.net changes until I get used to them, but I like this one a lot better than the halflife^2.net.

Also, I'm not seeing the "hafflife" at all. Even when I am trying to see it.

Looks like the font from an energy drink.

Old one was better!

I like this one fine, it's awesome. They're both awesome, I don't know why people have to be so picky though. :p

looks ok to me, the first L kind of overlaps the circle around the lamba symbol, maybe making it smaller would sway some of the nay-sayers...

Back