New piece of concept art appears.

Brilliant piece of art.

The Citadel again? Geez, that thing just won't fall down!

Astonishing! That doesn't look exactly like citadel, it's more chaotic.

I fukkin' love Combine Architecture.

Spectacular! Really amazing piece of art. Combine Overworld? It can't be... ?

Another interesting concept art from Into The Pixel Collection is piece of Tri Nguyen (former Valve artist, I guess) for the Fracture. I guess he was influenced by HL2 work a lot.

It would be so awesome if you entered it with an industrial metal theme tune playing , and sudenly there like 15 combine soldiers and Gordon gets into close combat fighting with them , he dodges a kick and rams his crowbar into his skull , at this point the music is becoming heavier and faster. Gordon yanks the crowbar towards him with the soldier still attatched using him as a shield and whips out his pistol , slow mo turns on now , and he fires off two rounds each hitting a soldier. Another soldier charges at him so he kicks the corpse at him causing him to fall over and stomps on his head , killing him. He then fires more rounds from his pistol , killing another 6 soldiers and finishing his clip , slow mo turns off now and he SMGs the rest. More soldiers charge at him from down the corridor , he smiles and rolls a grenade down.

Yeah , that would be so awesome...

it Would Be So Awesome If You Entered It With An Industrial Metal Theme Tune Playing , And Sudenly There Like 15 Combine Soldiers And Gordon Gets Into Close Combat Fighting With Them , He Dodges A Kick And Rams His Crowbar Into His Skull , At This Point The Music Is Becoming Heavier And Faster. Gordon Yanks The Crowbar Towards Him With The Soldier Still Attatched Using Him As A Shield And Whips Out His Pistol , Slow Mo Turns On Now , And He Fires Off Two Rounds Each Hitting A Soldier. Another Soldier Charges At Him So He Kicks The Corpse At Him Causing Him To Fall Over And Stomps On His Head , Killing Him. He Then Fires More Rounds From His Pistol , Killing Another 6 Soldiers And Finishing His Clip , Slow Mo Turns Off Now And He Smgs The Rest. More Soldiers Charge At Him From Down The Corridor , He Smiles And Rolls A Grenade Down.

Yeah , That Would Be So Awesome...

John Freeman over here!

Anyways, cool pic. Looks like an epic adviser battle. :D

i have no idea what that is but whatever *fap, fap, fap*

OMFG!!! That is the best concept art for anything ever! :D *esplodes*

Astonishing! That doesn't look exactly like citadel, it's more chaotic.

I fukkin' love Combine Architecture.

My impression was that it was the Citadel, but falling apart even moreso than it was in Episode 1, with some things quickly repaired or temporary structures built, hence the chaoticness.

Agreed about the Combine architecture.

God damn Valve for getting me ridiculously excited about a game I know close to nothing about and probably won't see until well into 2009.

Over a ****ing cryptic JPG nonetheless.

Combine Architecture is pure ****ing insane!

Man i cant ****ing wait for this!!!

Is it 100% official?

Well, looks as much cryptic as the other image.

List of things that are amazing:

- HalfLife

- Valve

- How frothingly hyped that Valve fans get when even a generic concept art for the next Half-Life is revealed to the public. OMG LOOK! USE OF A CROWBAR! I DIDN'T USE THE CROWBAR SINCE I GOT THE GRAVITY GUN! DOES GORDON THE MUTE BADASS USE A CROWBAR TO KILL ADVISORS!?
ep4-65.png

Remember that at the end of ep.2 they had the coordinates for the combine overworld so perhaps whatever's in the Arctic will allow them to go there which may be the reason why the art looks like the citadel.

List of things that are amazing:

- HalfLife

- Valve

- How frothingly hyped that Valve fans get when even a generic concept art for the next Half-Life is revealed to the public. OMG LOOK! USE OF A CROWBAR! I DIDN'T USE THE CROWBAR SINCE I GOT THE GRAVITY GUN! DOES GORDON THE MUTE BADASS USE A CROWBAR TO KILL ADVISORS!?
Well, welcome to Halflife2.net I guess, it's more or less in the name :p
Remember that at the end of ep.2 they had the coordinates for the combine overworld so perhaps whatever's in the Arctic will allow them to go there which may be the reason why the art looks like the citadel.
This is exactly what I am hoping, that somehow we get ahold of Aperture's competing portal tech (who says short-range Portal portals are all they had?) and Gordon stomps into the Combine Overworld, immediately proceeding to fucking shit up as per usual.

wow, I hope more surface & I hope it is a genuine EP 3 piece! I'ts a bit of a tease, looking like the citadel but placing what looks like Gordon & an advisor together. hmmm.

I cant wait to stick it to the combine, preferably on their home turf.
perhaps whatever's in the Arctic will allow them to go there which may be the reason why the art looks like the citadel.
Quoted for definitely maybes. I hope EP3 is a big crescendo & hits the mad notes.

That it is. I say this as I get frothingly hyped over that concept art ;)

Hey, what the hell is this:

edit - caution, may be considered spoiler:
http://www.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Games/H/Half-Life%202%20Episode%203/Everything%20Else/Concept%20Art%200710/2008-07-10/~$GUS.Feature.HL2E3%20Concept%20Art.2--screenshot.jpg
Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere here, so if it was, then feel free to ignore me ;)

Just look at it... ice... Borealis... Combine architecture... we must be in some seriously deep sh** in Episode Three :|

edit - fixed link, added spoiler tags just in case

its definitely something big if combine chose to build around it, instead simply moving it.

wow that I have never seen, it looks close to the early piece teased in PC Gamer.

Hey, what the hell is this:

edit - caution, may be considered spoiler:
http://www.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Games/H/Half-Life%202%20Episode%203/Everything%20Else/Concept%20Art%200710/2008-07-10/~$GUS.Feature.HL2E3%20Concept%20Art.2--screenshot.jpg
Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere here, so if it was, then feel free to ignore me ;)

Just look at it... ice... Borealis... Combine architecture... we must be in some seriously deep sh** in Episode Three :|

edit - fixed link, added spoiler tags just in case

Where did you find that? Looks amazing! It really looks like a zoomed out version of the first concept art we got for ep3 in the pc gamer mag. You should make a new thread for this pic :p

yes,it's worth considering.
the Combine architecture...maybe they found the Borealis but didn't find out what is it?

Holy Flurking Shnit!

This is ****ing massive!

I mean... HOLY SHIT!

Edit: OK, preliminary hypothesis (someone has to do it):
Borealis teleported into iceshelf, got filmed by Mossman, footage discovered by Combine (as feared) and they fortify borealis. They start investigating and eventually charging the teleport onboard which they modified with their own tech to get them to the homeworld, thus reinforcements. This takes place about two-thirds of the way through the game, where we have determined an effective way of fighting or disabling the Advisors. We end up fighting through to the Borealis when the portal opens, then more stuff happens.

Back