NFS: Most Wanted 2

Stormy

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Wooh! EA have announced the game I'm currently working on today!

I know there are not many racing fans around these parts but sod you all I'm excited and smug to finally see this bitch in public! Esp after the last month of crunching!

IT’S OFFICIAL: The next Need for Speed will be Most Wanted, developed by Criterion! Here’s the first screenshot!

550780_10151804967070298_1053901362_n.jpg

Wait, Most Wanted 2? And you're working on it too? Today just became a ****ing good friday.

Loved the first one. Way better than the hot pursuit series imo.

Yeeeeee loved Most Wanted, hell I loved most of the NFS games. Excited for this.

Wooh! EA have announced the game I'm currently working on today!

I know there are not many racing fans around these parts but sod you all I'm excited and smug to finally see this bitch in public! Esp after the last month of crunching!

Hang on, were you the one that worked on Split/Second? If so I loved that game and I'm looking forward to this too.

Congrats on the game being announced! What do you do there?

Screenshot looks nice and I enjoyed the first game so I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes. :D

Hang on, were you the one that worked on Split/Second? If so I loved that game and I'm looking forward to this too.

Yea thats right, did a good 4 years at black rock working on s/s and pure but went with the first blob of redundancys last year. Really miss that place, the studio was fantastic.

Did a few months at climax games but it was pretty shit and have now moved to criterian for some contract work!

I'm on the Environment art team Ren, so been building the city you will see at e3 on monday ;)

I do believe you lost your job just now for spelling Criterion wrong!

Anyways, hope to see some good looking stuffs.

That's awesome, Stormy. Truth be told, I'm not into racing games myself, but it's great to hear that a game from a popular series is being worked on by one of our own members, not to mention being showcased at E3.

I'm on the Environment art team Ren, so been building the city you will see at e3 on monday ;)

Look forward to seeing it!

Codies are expanding at the moment, give me a shout if you're ever free again ;)

Look forward to seeing it!

Codies are expanding at the moment, give me a shout if you're ever free again ;)

Ah codies? Isnt that leamington spa way? There are a few folk I know that worked there :)

Its a bit far afield for me tho, I live in brighton and driving to guildford every day is bad enough! You just been on Dirt?!

Ah codies? Isnt that leamington spa way? There are a few folk I know that worked there :)

Its a bit far afield for me tho, I live in brighton and driving to guildford every day is bad enough! You just been on Dirt?!

Our HQ is in Southam, that's where the main bulk of employees are. I'm at the Birmingham studio, there's over 100 of us there though.

Nah I've not worked on DiRT Showdown. The title I'm working on hasn't been announced yet. Can't wait till it does though as I'm pretty sure I'm going to be as excited as you were to post this. It'll be my first commercial game :)

:) Awesome looking forward to hearing more about it. First release is always the most exciting =D

I loved Most Wanted, but the last few NFS games have been absolute shit. They really need to buckle down and put out a better product. I hope you can make that happen, Stormy.

Looks pretty fun. I played the hell out of the first Most Wanted, but one thing that seems to be different here is the courses aren't closed off? Seems like you're just doing the Burnout Paradise checkpoints thing which I wasn't a huge fan of. Impressive visuals though, the reflective puddles are a great touch.

One other thing: please, pleeeeeeeease include the option to skip those crash cams. They got old super fast in Paradise, even as impressive as they were.

(Yes I am holding you personally responsible for something you probably have no sway over. >:|)

\o/

I'm happy to take personal responsibility!

283717_425972904091256_174122807_n.jpg

I never played any of the old NFS games, but I did play Burnout 3, and I loved it. It's what got me into racing games. It was my favorite, until I picked up the 2010 version of NFS:Hot Pursuit. That game is so fun, and the single-player Hot Pursuit events really get my heart going, when I'm a mile from the finish but really close to being taken out by the cops.

However, I have played Burnout Paradise since then, and while the mechanics were great, it felt it lacking, since on all events I felt like I was either losing badly or winning handily; I never felt that tension of almost losing. I either chose the wrong route, and ended up coming last, or I chose the right route and won by 30 seconds.

I'm not trying to be a downer; I'm absolutely confident this game will be fun to play. I just hope that it gives me the same sense of adrenaline and urgency as NFS:HP. :)

Stormy, you're working for Criterion now? Tell your bosses to stop being cocks and get to work on Black 2. And tell them they are f*cking retards if they add health regen.

heh dont know anything about black! not even played the first one :S

Nice trailer. Also, one section in that trailer reminded me of my track in Race Stars. I don't think I can say what though, maybe you'll notice come release ;)

How's it going over there? You guys in crunch?

Awkward music choice. And graphics, hi 2005. Yes that was probably a 360 version. Please.

Nice trailer. Also, one section in that trailer reminded me of my track in Race Stars. I don't think I can say what though, maybe you'll notice come release ;)

How's it going over there? You guys in crunch?

Yes, crunching like mad... 2 weeks till content lock then a week of bug fixing :/

There are masses of the world no where near finished as well. The next few weeks are just going to be brutal :(

Ahh, good luck man! We're not far off content lock here either but our world is no where near as detailed as yours. We're pretty solid art wise.

Be strong, think of the time off after! (If you get any...)

Not long until release now :)

343gc9g.jpg
Great graphics but can you turn that grain filter off? Also with the cars drifting like that I'd expect more of a dust trail.

AAAAAAAAA YOU NO YOU SEE I A MISTOOK PICTURE GAME PHOTOGRAPH WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Not long now. I think its out monday in the US and Friday Euro :)

Already getting 9/10 reviews! boiiehahah

Nice trailer and congrats on the reviews! :D

Think I might pick this up!

BTW, Stormy, You should sign up to Mapcore

So game is out now!

Was out on Monday in the US and out today across Europe! Exciting times!!

Anyone getting / got?! :)

Looks good. I read some reviews and I'm going to buy.

Congrats.

So I heard there's no awesomely cheesy story like in the predecessor. That sucks, like my favorite part was hearing them talk cheesy trash then pwning them.

Back