Nihilanth....

tis' really annoying; in the PS2 version of HL1 not every thing is said:
"you are man, he is not man, for you he waits, for you"
"their slaves, we are, their slaves, We are"

and the list goes on.

Even so, making the Vortiguants turn on us just sounds like bad writing.
Might've been about something else, not the vorts. Could've been the controllers. Or the Nihilanth might have deceived you in some way.

I'm not adverse to believing Nith said "will deceive you," though.

Yeah you don't have to get ported at all in the Nihilanth fight, And native Xenians doesn't mean they have to be born or developed there just live there to be considered a Xenian, also i considered that most of what Nihilanth is referred to Gman and the secrets behind Gordon, but from what Darkside has said so far kind of changes my point of view a lot

It's random on the PS2 he'll say different things most of the time i think it just selects a quote out of a list depending on whats happened but who knows, oh and welcome blackout cool name <3

thank you Preator.

He dosent say different things but he dosent say everything he's meant to

He does sometimes, i also have played the PS2 version and he does end up saying everything Idk about you but i try and fight for the longest i can on Nihilanth just to see if he has anything interesting to say at different times

Most of the time he refrains from saying most things but eventually just saying it all if you keep it up patiently, Nihilanth kinda looks like a baby combine thingy i mean i thought it was quite wierd he was in that room by himself, would have made it a lot harder if he was surrounded by Vorts etc, or even worse surrounded by baby headcrabs, those things were the worst in the game probably only because by the time you realise they are biting you, you've taken a heap of damage, and when you do retaliate you forget to pull out the crowbar wasting like 14 shots of the shotgun.....stupid baby headcrabs

Ilike HARD fights but not impossible fights such as fighting a Garg if you don't know how or fighting t without explody things

Also Predator there IS such thing as the Edit button you know
You don't have to double post

"The Truth, you can never know the truth"

afewgoodmenjack1.jpg

You can't handle the truth!

i thought fighting a garg was boring, i mean all you do is shoot it until it explodes in some crappy effect.?.?.?.

that was one bad side of HL1

no but you got to admit the garg death sequence was b******s

ps- does the forum rules allow swearing??? I have a crap memory

no but you got to admit the garg death sequence was b******s

It's presumably filled with flammable gases, as... well... it can release fire from it's claws, which, in effect with firepower, can make it explode which is why it has that death sequence.

Also like SamuraiKenji said, it's a '95 game, what do you expect? Some big over dramatic graphical death scene in which the Garg finally expresses his love for Vortina before finally collapsing to the ground dead?

lol.

no but all im saying is that the weird thing were it sort of expands ruined it, just the explosion would do fine.
but the gasses was an ok idea

your'e right, maby i should appreciate that it's an old game a bit more.

lol an old game that is my favorite game ever, graphics were fail yer, but the gameplay pwns the gameplay from Doom3 and Q4, and the story equally destroys them, graphics don't mean everything for a game to be l33t sauce, appreciate the events not the effects imo

The gargantua death was incredible because of the buildup. I tell you there has never been another time in a game, ANY game, where I felt such tension. Being chased by that lumbering blue behemoth I literally felt him behind me, knowing that each thundering step he took equaled five of my own, and one slip up from me and I'd be charred to a crisp. Terrifying.

And then he gets caught between the power generators and BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT! I've always seen his "expanding" as sort of shearing apart.

lol an old game that is my favorite game ever, graphics were fail yer, but the gameplay pwns the gameplay from Doom3 and Q4, and the story equally destroys them, graphics don't mean everything for a game to be l33t sauce, appreciate the events not the effects imo

second...... again

The gman probably is the same thing as gordon. I'm pretty sure he started like gordon only to become a "recruiter" later on.

Yeah i thought this was Nihilanth i mean seriously lol i made a gman theory thread too

Nihilanth reminds me of a creature from H.P Lovecraft and you know how scary he makes his monsters
Valve try to get that touch back then

while in half life 2 we get kind of a World of Wars

You stab him in one of his hearts, then twist the knife sideways and cut horizontally through the chest to make sure you get the other one. Although I wouldn't say he's a time bender. Slow and stop time, yeah, but that's not really bending it.

Nihilanth is such an interesting fight, i mean easily one of my favorite bosses out of all games

donno if any one metioned this if so my bad....but i tihnk mayb nihilanth is of the combine world...just becuz the combine are hell bent on taking over the universe and combining already exsiting life with their technology doesnt mean evryone frm there world was into it...mayb the nihilanth was a purer bein and didnt agree to the combine way so they beat him down (hence the stitching)n he fled takin with him many vortigon slaves wich were alredy under combine control to fend itself frm certain death or mayb bein used for experimentation...both the combine advisors and the nihilanth seem to posses telekenisis powers and people b4 me hav talked of similarities. mayb the nihilanth was the leader of the combine world at sum point but was over thrown by its own kind..mayb..just a thought..

or the combine created nihilanth for their own uses but cudnt contain its vast power..thats wat i love about half life, actualy makes u think...i hate it wen things are spelt out..we have brains..we shud use them

cnt tell if ur bein sarcastic or not...oh well.......i like ur 'santa exists,right?' thingy hehe its like i can actualy hear the stern "NO!"

Back