Nintendo Announces "Nintendo 2DS"

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
A flat 3DS...without the 3D feature. Oh sorry, surely you mean the Nintendo DS? No? Oh well.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/60350/nintendo-announces-the-nintendo-2ds-coming-this-year

nintendo-2ds-box.jpg

nintendo-2ds.jpg

EH1nU7c.gif

Ah.... this makes very little sense... Nintendo really are dangerously close to heading down the pan :S Maybe it's time they just give up and do a Sega and turn solely to game development.

Also, that Sisko gif rocks. If it comes preloaded on the 2DS, I may just get one anyway.

Indeed. I near choked/snorted on my coffee when i saw it. Said gif has been downloaded for further use.

Haters can hate all they want, but the hinge on the 3DS is just about the only thing that's been keeping me from getting a 3DS for my little brother. This is just about perfect for him, not to mention it's notably cheaper and the lack of 3D will (presumably) help out the battery life.

It's apparently targeted toward parents and their 7 yr olds. Better than handing them a smartphone I guess. Also don't have to worry about the 3D ****ing their eyes up or breaking it in half at the hinge.

not to mention it's notably cheaper and the lack of 3D will (presumably) help out the battery life.

Nope. I always play with the 3D turned off and the battery life is consistently bad.

The hinge on the 3DS XL is fine.

This is the ugliest ****ing handheld I've seen in my life. Nintendo continue to outstrip themselves for terrible hardware names.

Looks dumb as f uck and hope nobody buys it. Nintendo should do everyone a favor and call it quits

wait
why?
It's for kids. It's studier and harder to break (no hinges) and it doesn't have 3D which a lot of parents don't trust their kids to use without getting sick from it (and which Nintendo don't recommend kids play with enabled). It's also a bit cheaper for having dropped those two things. So IIT people complaining about a product that's not aimed at them not being aimed at them.

Look at the ad. They show a man with a normal 3DS playing together with (presumably) his son with a 2DS.

I get it but it's still ****ing ugly.

If it's for kids, I wonder how they expect them to store it to avoid the screen getting scratched/filthy as ****? The article mentions optional carrying cases, but I doubt many kids would bother with that. Also, how will it cope with games which use opening/closing the screen as an input method? For instance, one of the Zelda DS games had a cool puzzle where you clamped it shut to transfer a print of a map from one screen to the other. I don't see an extra button for pause/sleep so I guess it doesn't have the low power mode the DS/3DS goes into when you close them either.

I seemed to manage keeping the screen in once piece when I was kid with my Game Boy and Game Gear.

Oh haha, I actually saw that and thought it was the wireless slider thing the 3DS has. I wonder if this can still go online.

Weren't the GB screens much sturdier since they didn't need to be touch sensitive? Also it's always far more noticeable when an LCD screen gets dirty somehow.

Nintendo makes the dumbest/worst systems. Should call it quits

Back