NO, YOU'RE ****ING PRIVATE!!!

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
what's with having to login in to read any of the threads on the boards? everything is marked private. is it a way of encouraging lurkers to join and/or discouraging the influx of lurkers due to l4d2 announcement?

We had 500+ guests yesterday viewing the forums and our mysql database exploded. Once E3 is over guest viewing will be re-enabled.

the fiends, leeching our bandwidth to sate their curosity. a pox on them

It really was madness yesterday, we were running full tilt as soon as the Valve presentation started...and then we lost dear HL2.net. We had to wait till Munro found the floppy disc back-up to reboot.

That's what it is... I sure noticed a lot of scanners floating, and was wondering whence the interest.

It really was madness yesterday, we were running full tilt as soon as the Valve presentation started...and then we lost dear HL2.net. We had to wait till Munro found the floppy disc back-up to reboot.

And he did find it. <3 Munro. Our savior.

what's with having to login in to read any of the threads on the boards? everything is marked private. is it a way of encouraging lurkers to join and/or discouraging the influx of lurkers due to l4d2 announcement?
Worked for me. I was a lurker, now am a poster. Don't expect me to post much, as I'm not a pro @ HL2 or TF2 (or whatever). So what do I have to add...

Most users ever online was 5064, 03-10-2003 at 04:07 PM
Did Limelight put us on a really shit server, or what?

Worked for me. I was a lurker, now am a poster. Don't expect me to post much, as I'm not a pro @ HL2 or TF2 (or whatever). So what do I have to add...

Come to The Lounge. It is safe there.

Servers fine as long as we don't have more than one person viewing at a time :p

Did Limelight put us on a really shit server, or what?
Indeed, 500+ users took the forums down, while the servers could hold over 5000 users viewing back when the leak occured?

How do you think we afford so much of the aforementioned vodka?

Munro isn't exactly rich*, ya'know.

* - Rich in heart, he's actually stinkin' filthy rich irl.

I brought some vodka!
Wait. No. This is water.
Well, it's cleaner than the regular water here.
Drink up!

Man, had to log in atleast a million times today to lurk some moar...
argh... we're out of vodka and red-bull btw...

-dodo

Man, had to log in atleast a million times today to lurk some moar...
argh... we're out of vodka and red-bull btw...

-dodo

The Red Bull too?

WILL THEY NOT HEAR OUR PLEAS?!

If you didn't notice, guests have been able to view again from last night.

Munro allow tiny baby guests into man's forum.

Back