Now Hiring for Project LemonLime (aka Deus Ex: Source)

Doomsayer

Reaction score
We are in need of talented modders to work on Deus Ex: Source (info on the mod can be found here ). We need the following people.

Coders, this will be a tough job, considering all of the features in Deus Ex not already implemented into HL2 (Lockpicking, inventories, hacking, etc.).

Mappers, it will be your job to recreate the locales in the original Deus Ex (It'd be awesome if you own it, otherwise, we'll help you out), with some tweaks to incorporate new additions like puzzles.

Modelers, all of the weapons in DX (Including some new ones, like a Machine Pistol) will need to be recreated.

Texturers, to texture said models:)

We appreciate all the help we can get! Thank you!

That's not enough to get around IP, calling it LemonLime AKA Deus Ex: Source. You have to change all the names.

Hirring? $$$$$$$$$$$?????????????

I know your not acually hirring, just thought it was werid..

And if you acually going to start a new mod, i sugjest you dont, because there are already plently of mods that lack members, and you just adding to the list, and with out a website.. your likely not to get any members..

http://mods.moddb.com/hw/ , there are alot of people looking, and this is only mods submitted at moddb.com, i know there are plently of others.

-NSF

Wait, first off, Project LemonLime is a joke name, the official name is Deus Ex: Source. Second, the laws have been taken care of, that's not an issue.

He killed them :sniper: :smoking: . That bastard! WHERE'S MY PONY!

Doomsayer said:
Second, the laws have been taken care of, that's not an issue.

I'll wager that you're wrong. Just wait, lawyers like to bide their time. They'll wait for you to get a sizable following and actually have some work done before they slap you with a cease and desist.

Unless you have an official letter/e-mail from the copyright owners, you'll be violating a few laws unless you make the game radically different.

-Angry Lawyer

i bet thats what you do lawyer harrass poor kids who just want to make a tribute to their faverite game. your an undercover spy geting the lowdown on the copyright law violations

I regret to inform you that the Deus Ex: Source has been cancelled due to a lack of help for the mod. Two guys in a basement just can't do it themselves. Sorry.

two guys in a basement? whoa, that is a scary thought. :) - sad to see it goe though. deus ex was a nice enough game.

you dont quit when you just started. how many places have you looked? ive tried to get a mod going for a year, and finally 3 months ago i got a team, dont give up so easily

crackhead said:
i bet thats what you do lawyer harrass poor kids who just want to make a tribute to their faverite game. your an undercover spy geting the lowdown on the copyright law violations

The hint is in the name, kid.

And if you think two guys in a basement can't do a mod, you're not trying hard enough. I've seen one-man mods suceed. Hell, I'm an advocate of one/two person mod teams - I *AM* a one person team, and as a number of people will attest, progress is going well.
If people won't come and make your mod for you, then what you have to do is learn the skills yourself and make it yourself!

Still, you'd just be heading for a brick wall if you plan to use someones IP without permission. It's also a likely reason why nobody wants to join - they've got more sense than to get Cease-and-Desisted.

-Angry Lawyer

saying you don't have skill is not the way to start modding. if you don't have skill, gain it. learn to code, model, and map ffs. I've seen Lawyer's mod in action and it's mighty impressive especially given that he's the only one working on it.

Back