Obsidian's "Alpha Protocol"

I know, gonna try to pick it up again after I finish Peace Walker on the PSP.

Just fired up the game again (in the middle of my second playthrough). Hacking game is so easy, + the lockpicking one is quite simple, I do screw up on occasion b/c I hate the pressure, but I know that is my fault, not the game's.

Also, Heck is hilarious: "The god damn bees." :LOL: Over the top character, but very entertaining!

I really loved this game. It had control issues and the gun game-play was a bit poor until you levelled up but the story and characters where fantastic. I was in a "one more mission" kind of mood with this game. Finished it late one night at like 2am.

Bumping this thread as the game is now only $2/€2 on steam: http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/34010/

Bought it during the summer for 360 and completed it 3 times in a week. The gameplay is a bit clunky and unpolished but the writing and story is very good. How your actions affect the way things play out is unrivalled compared to most other games.

Pick it up!

Wish I could get into this but it's such a bad port to the point that the insanely frequent minigames are harder than they should be.
Atleast it was only $2.

I have gifted this game to five people today, four of which are from here.

It's a great game in my opinion.

Considering all the praise for the writing, for €2 I figured I couldn't claim to care about storytelling in games without checking it out. Will give it a blast in the coming days.

I wanted to like the game, but the lack of quicksave killed it for me.

Come on, it checkpoints after every mini-area.

Y U NO PERSEVERE

I generally didn't have issues with that.
I do remember there being a few spots that became endlessly frustrating though.

Just got all achievements for this game a week ago. Would've gotten them sooner but I screwed around with the ps3 version before trading it in and subsequently buying it on the 360 some months later. AP does some things exceptionally well. Most of the VA and music are excellent, story branches nicely. Although I'm sick of the game atm, I'll probably pick it up again just to see if I can get Alan Parker to be my handler in one of the Saudi Arabia missions, as I heard this some time ago.

As far as there being no casual save system, my visual-spatial skills and reflexes/gameplay abilities are borderline retarded. If *I* can beat AP on hard with little frustration, the average person shouldn't have a problem.

Anyway, this is a great game, but I doubt a sequel will be made due to what I remember of Sega's comments post-release, at least they won't be publishing it. Also, I'm not sure who owns the IP. Obsidian has made comments post-release about wanting to make a Alpha Protocol 2, but that is far from a confirmation. Finally, as far as the criticism, I think the CEO nailed it when he said the criticism was partially because of Obsidian advertising it more of as an action game than what it really is. Although the box says "the esponiage RPG" I'm sure people made up their minds/impressions well before seeing the box cover.

If it had a garbage story it wouldn't be worth anything.

But, Obsidian.. oh you always get me.

Bought two copies. No doubt I'll be using the copy for a hl2.net competition when the price goes back up.

Back