Official ES4: Oblivion specs announced!

I agree, while I wasn't nearly as in to all the little mods as some people, some of the larger mods that added entire landmasses were at or exceeding the quality of the expansions. I can settle with a little loss in graphics for hundreds of extra gameplay hours.

3ssence said:
Should run nicely, although still not sure whether to get it for xbox360 or my rig..... still, exciting, can't wait to see it in action (although i'll prob play it for a few hours then go back to css xD)

I'm in a similar postion - and am going for the 360 version.

Oblivion is already a huge game, and will have to be consistantly damn good to keep my attention from start to finish. With so many decent titles about i'm not interested in extra content. I want to sit down, become completely immersed, and then move on (maybe come back again in a few months/year if it really is that good) - for this I far prefer sitting on the sofa and playing on a big tv. It's for this reason I prefered KOTOR on the Xbox - it felt more cinematic than the pc version, and I got more involved in the story.

It's also worth noting that 'recommended spec' these days usually means, 'runs with an ok frame rate at medium details'. I'm confident it'll run and look better on the 360, regardless of what pc you have, especially if you have a nice HDTV.

Anyhoo - the game looks cracking and is bound to be great on either system. If you're after mods and extra content the pc is the way to go.

I'm a tad under the recommended specs with my P4 2.6ghz w/ HT, X700 Pro 256mb, and 1 gig of ram. I bet I'll still be able to play at high settings with a few things turned off.

JellyWorld said:
Does that mean no 6600gt >.>

I'd be suprised if it didn't. Making a game that only works on a few gpu's isn't a smart move.

AMD64 3800+ 2gb XMS ram x800pro woohoo! :)

I'm assuming that the 6600GT will be compatible, as the architecture is based on the 6800, just dumbed down.

What I don't understand is that they never included the 6600 in Doom3's compatible hardware list, yet it ran like a charm

I think it's pretty safe to assume that everything in between the weakest and the strongest specs they list will work. So if they say the GeForce FX Series (5xxx) is compatible, I'm sure any 6xxx or 7xxx card will work as well.

With that said, this is by far my most anticipated PC game in a long time, but I'm terrified about its performance. If a 6800 series is "recommended," I have a bad feeling I'm looking at about 30 fps at a mediocre resolution. And lower resolutions look pretty awful on high res flat panel monitors... just imagine 800x600 on a 1920x1200 screen... *shudder*

I'm pretty much all set... except i'm missing a damn DVD drive, one of the cheapest and easiest upgrades yet I never bought one, but I better do it before it comes out :p

P43.2/1Gig/X800P said:
I'll pass on this game thanks

J/K :)

Wanna hook me up with that rig once you buy a new one off of NASA? My Radeon 9100 will thank you.

and only 1 more month :D yay

I cant wait to make my battlemage ^__^

Yes! My computer will run this!!! CPU will take a heck of a beating though, only have an XP 2000+. 9800Pro ft...middle. :|

Back