Official Half-Life 2 Windows Media Player Skin

rec

Reaction score
Pointed out by community participant Kschreck, an official Half-Life 2 WMP skin has hit the scene! It's quite simply nothing less than outstanding, perhaps one of most professional and well designed WMP skins I've ever had the pleasure of using. Head over to GameSpot's frontpage to claim your download, although you do have to be a registered member. In light of this release, you should all be keeping your eyes on www.half-life2.com during the next month as the official skin links to that address. Can we expect an official Half-Life 2 site sometime soon?

Lol. I love WindowBlinds... such a great invention :D. Thanks StarDock Corporation ;)

Originally posted by ElFuhrer
Hey, I've got that exact same WindowsBlinds theme! Rock on!

WOOT THAT MAKES US LEET WOOT!!!!.

WindowBlinds ROX:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Jameth, with any luck someone will port it to Winamp 3.

hmmm, I think this is a good sign, I mean the weblink, and also the fact that we are getting something from valve... although I do love getting over excited :)

rec!!!! i never knew you were the same guy as over at ausgamers. Thats gotta be the biggest coincidence ever. My two most visited sites both have a same newsman.

Post by rec @ 07:03pm | 8 Comments | AusGamers News
For those of you with interest, today a official Half-Life 2 WMP skin hit the scene! It's quite simply nothing less than outstanding, perhaps one of most professional and well designed WMP skins I've ever had the pleasure of using.

:p

Originally posted by jameth
how about a winamp skin :eek:

Yes a nice skin for winamp 5 beta.....

Oh yeah...29-9 go the AB's....

Yeah I posted the news there. I've been involved with AusGamers for years now, designing and running a range of their network sites including AusCStrike, AusTribes, AusFortress, AusRavenShield and others. I was contracted by them a couple years back to help design the original GameArena site and XBox Australia site etc.

If valve made this, is there a desktop theme to go with it, if so where can i get it? also did anyone else notice the first 3 screenshots on it are labelled "box art"? if true, I want the box with the g-man on it.

WindowBlinds slowed my friends' computer performance down about 10%, just a friendly warning.

Windows Blinds is evil. :)

Why theme Windows? I treat it as a purely functional application, f*ck fasion. I've got the absolutely most basic Windows display, which is a part of tweaking for my games machine setup. No one, not a single person at local LANs with a similar or same setup has me has ever beaten me in a bechmark.

that "metrocop" concept image is new, i'm almost certain. it'll take me a good half hour to go through all my old media and scans, but i don't remember that image.... cool trench coat.

Spiffae, I agree that it's a new piece of art, I'd say it's an updated version of this art:

cool estevan ive been using copperdeck2 for ages now and only just changed it today. what a coincidence. :D hehe

It works for me, but the visuals of it are messed. the center lens all odd.

the wb looks like the copper deck II skin! i think they stole them and put some hl2 pics in it ...

IS it just me or have all the valve sites been updated with new content! :O

Thats gota be a big thing!
Its like once in a million years!

EDIT: Also check this out!

http://half-life.sierra.com/

Is it just me or did it not say that before about
"Valve's debut game release is Half-Life™. Their next product will be Team Fortress 2."
?

Please please please correct me if i'm wrong!

you can download copper deck 2 for windowblinds off my site. all you need to do is extract in this directory C:\Program Files\Stardock\Object Desktop\WindowBlinds

anyway go here to quick dl DOWNLOAD PAGE oh yah i just put up this site so things stil might not work on it

I use it. What's wrong with it?

[EDIT] Btw, the skin is AMAZING. It's great.

Also, everyone watch www.half-life2.net as that links to vivendi universal's website... i visited it once and it said something about Flash 6... interesting and now its gone

Nice skin indeed, Ill use it :)

The only thing I change once in awhile is my backround picture usually but that media player skin are just 2 cool :)

did Valve really make it? sure?

Well, it's the official skin.. supposedely.

Plus that new piece of concept art being there, and.. it's some professional skinning company's work

I'd assume VALVe gave the OKAY to the company to make it

Oh and, I feel special, the screen of the skin was taken by me :) /me dances

Is this the same one?

hl2thumb.jpg

I can't use this HL2 skin with my Winamp 2 (skin files are .wsz) or Winamp 3 (skin files are .wal)
Can anybody explain me what I have to do to use it...?
ty

Originally posted by arcturus
I can't use this HL2 skin with my Winamp 2 (skin files are .wsz) or Winamp 3 (skin files are .wal)
Can anybody explain me what I have to do to use it...?
ty

AFAIK thats a windows media player 9 skin, so it isn't going to work with Winamp unless someone makes a version of it for winamp later on (which somebody is likely to do now they've something to work from)

thank you !!
it's terrific... I'd read several times this thread where it is clearly written that it is a skin for win media player... but, I don't know why, I was sure it was a winamp skin !!!

half life 2 windowsblinds skin

Can someone please send me a link to the Half-Life 2 windows blinds skin i really want it, thanks. I couldnt find it on wincustomize
I really apreciate it thanks again

Back