Oh come on...actually why am I even surprised >_>

• Thread starter Deleted member 56031
  • Start date
I just hope the final product won't lack all those promised features plus will be over 10 hours of gameplay.! :dozey:

They're secretly working on a recreation of their submarine game.

Yeah, bitches. Underwater action.

I don't care about new Source features too much, I just want a higher difficulty setting

The rumor is circulating on some italian news site. One article talks about a possible cancellation of Ep3. Wild, rubbish news, but it's a good strategy to force Valve to break the silence.

... a good strategy to force Valve to break the silence.

Don't get your hopes up -- This is exactly what they want***mors,and lots of 'em.When they think that the time is right,or when they are ready they will release some news for their new Half Life game (read my previous post in this thread to see why I didn't write Episode Three)

Edit:The one before the previous actually ;)

a game through the eyes of the Combine would be neat

/thread-ing your own post is ****ing pathetic.

Valve isn't going to release an entirely new engine, although Gabe's remarked that he wants the entire laundry list of features Valve's been throwing around put into the Source engine for Episode 3.
Or maybe they started working on that, and then realised that their "laundry list" included things which weren't going to be possible on the Source engine (at least in its current form).

I can't believe stories like this escalate on a foundation of pure conjecture. What a waste of everyone's time. I'll wait for some proper news rather than publicity stunts by small time gaming press.

^---This.

For me, it's not the graphics / features / presentation that I'm anticipating... ...it's the resolution of the cliffhangers that I'm waiting for!!! :bounce::D

^---This.

For me, it's not the graphics / features / presentation that I'm anticipating... ...it's the resolution of the cliffhangers that I'm waiting for!!! :bounce::D

Remember when the previews for Episode 2 showed up and it had that super cool scene of the bridge getting twisted up and falling apart? And it looked like Alyx died from falling off of it? That was cool. I imagine this preview being filled with action and Borealising.

I dont think theyll put out a trailer... at least not until the last minute, as i recall they didn't like how the ep2 trailer turned out.

All this rumour shit just makes me wonder. When, where and how will Valve actually reach out with some valid news?

If ep.3 ain't coming out this year, it better be blowing my mind, making me wanting to re-play it at a addictive level, have awesome graphics (and I don't mean those graphics we have today, I want to feel as if I'm watching out the window, not watching my screen), and a new sort of gameplay.

When, where and how will Valve actually reach out with some valid news?

The lack of information by Valve is really annoying. What's the reason? There's no need to keep secrets to build a hype, since the fans are already crying for some new HL stuff. They are afraid of words they can't keep? Hey Valve, you are in the business, some balls are needed. You are re-designing the whole thing from scratch and you don't know when you will be able to release the game? You have no idea what to do with Ep3 and the whole episodic model? OK, just tell us.

If ep.3 ain't coming out this year, it better be blowing my mind, making me wanting to re-play it at a addictive level, have awesome graphics (and I don't mean those graphics we have today, I want to feel as if I'm watching out the window, not watching my screen), and a new sort of gameplay.

Agreed. The more we wait, the more the game has to be awesome and not just "Episode 3".

The lack of information by Valve is really annoying. What's the reason? There's no need to keep secrets to build a hype, since the fans are already crying for some new HL stuff. They are afraid of words they can't keep? Hey Valve, you are in the business, some balls are needed. You are re-designing the whole thing from scratch and you don't know when you will be able to release the game? You have no idea what to do with Ep3 and the whole episodic model? OK, just tell us.

Agreed. The more we wait, the more the game has to be awesome and not just "Episode 3".

No,no guys cmon...just ep 3 its ok :)
Inturesting but everytime I leave this forum makes me want to re-play episode 2 again...I actually have feeling like im closer to whole mistery...:( or that something will fall from the sky and hint me something that I missed first,secon,hundred times when I was playing it.

An unexplained piece of concept art of a non-crucial part of the game, at least.

I think at this point, Valve need to come clean as to just what the **** is going on with Episode Three. Regardless of when it comes out, we are long overdue at least some news as to what is happening in its development (besides the confirmation that it is in development). We've waited pretty patiently for it, and honestly I think it's time the fans are given an explanation as to what went so awry (or not) in Episode Three's development to make it take this long.

Given Valve's track record (especially for the last two and a half years), I don't actually expect this to happen. But it would be nice. I would rather hear that the project has been shelved than to be left in the dark any longer. I have no doubt that they want to make it awesome and badass (especially given its development time), but come on...

I think at this point, Valve need to come clean as to just what the **** is going on with Episode Three. Regardless of when it comes out, we are long overdue at least some news as to what is happening in its development (besides the confirmation that it is in development). We've waited pretty patiently for it, and honestly I think it's time the fans are given an explanation as to what went so awry (or not) in Episode Three's development to make it take this long.

Given Valve's track record (especially for the last two and a half years), I don't actually expect this to happen. But it would be nice. I would rather hear that the project has been shelved than to be left in the dark any longer. I have no doubt that they want to make it awesome and badass (especially given its development time), but come on...

this.

Maybe this is going to be like Duke Nukem Forever....it will take forever to make...and them shut down...ahahah, funny

I think Valve are doing more damage for their future the longer they delay this.

Theres obviously a reason for the so-called 'delay'. And Im suspecting its completely deliberate, theyre working fine on it and all is well.

But personally, the wait has been too long now. I dont really care how awesome the game is if/when its released. All the GOTY stickers, GOTD awards and 10/10 scores will never take away my dissapointment with Valve.

I feel cheated at the moment. It may be released in 2 months with a big surprised, but I guarantee the delay of the game and speculation will be what everyone focuses on more than the actual game itself.

[Edit] And if they havent really done anything to the Source engine, and it looks a little bit better than EP2, I simply wont buy it in personal protest.

I think Valve are doing more damage for their future the longer they delay this.
Theres obviously a reason for the so-called 'delay'. And Im suspecting its completely deliberate, theyre working fine on it and all is well.
But personally, the wait has been too long now. I dont really care how awesome the game is if/when its released. All the GOTY stickers, GOTD awards and 10/10 scores will never take away my dissapointment with Valve.

Yes, Valve should learn to talk more openly about works in progress and projects, like many other companies do. Sure, they are working on Ep3 and it will be awesome. We know that already. But the community needs some fuel, some fresh info, some bones from time to time. From now on I will be very suspicious about Valve's future works. Will they keep this pointless silence about HL3, Portal 2 and so on? (After more than 2 years, we don't know for sure if there will be a Portal 2 at all). Interest and trust are things that have to be fuelled.

Hi been away from forum for a while but saw this thread so decided to reply also :)

Episode 3 wait has been annoying me, i not bought l4d2 well not least until the price goes down!! :p

personally I think episode 3 will appear at E3 this year and come out later this year but still would of been 3 years since ep2 if that even happens.

The scary thing is when episode 2 came out i was at uni then since left for 2 yrs and back this year for my 3rd and final yr, yet still no ep 3 :/ I agree with some of the others....i aint getting any younger! jesus when I first got episode 1 and hl2 i was just a young lad....by the time episode 3 comes out i will have a family and kids....it's actally becoming that much of a scary reality of how long its taking!!! I mean we finished HL2 back 2004 :/

ffs valve hurry up! i agree with the post above if it the same source engine it will look seriously pathetic, tbh dont care about new technologies you coulda just finished this whole 3 episodes years ago with ton new maps and story and put all the new tech in hl3 :( think just to much hassle whole episode idea for all its worth. add ons are just same tech with expanded levels and story but there to much nonsense going into such a short addon pack basically.

Valve can take all the time they can, I do not give two shits. Really.

yeah i starting to not care because once episode 3 out then what? 3 or 6yrs till episode 4? or hl3? :( to long, going to be like 20yrs since first half life by time number 3 out lol!

I both agree and disagree. I always liked Valve for being as mysterious as G-Man himself. Not just pumping out pointless screens, facts and whatnot, but I feel a tiny status update would be rather fair at this point. Valve have always been quiet about their own progress, but when they drop anything, it'll be a bomb.

yeah i starting to not care because once episode 3 out then what? 3 or 6yrs till episode 4? or hl3? :( to long, going to be like 20yrs since first half life by time number 3 out lol!
Well, it took 28 years to finish the Star Wars :rolleyes:

is quite worrying thou how long half life epi 3 is taking, I think valve worry to much about adding something "cool".

I mean they've got the graphics engine and the techmology to make it quickly. l4d2 just proved that being released within a year. To be honest it's great that Valve do cool stuff with the half life episodes, but I think they just need get this story arc over with asap! They shud just make the maps and the story and be done with it and save cool tech such as physics emprovements or whatever for hl3.

is quite worrying thou how long half life taking i think valve worry to much about adding something "cool" i mean got engine and tech to make it quickly l4d2 just proved that. tbh great do cool stuff but think just need get this story arc over with so they shud just make maps and story be done with it and save cool tech for hl3.

The grammatically challenged one makes sense.

The grammatically challenged one makes sense.
Actually, he made me grin. L4D2 were the leftover ideas for L4D1, evolved of course, and with new enemies added. L4D1 had been in development for somewhat longer. GCO's remark doesn't take into account the potential rewriting of large pieces of the story and redesigning levels, etc, just as you'd expect, given Valve's way of making Half-Life games.

I rather if you didnt take the piss! I have seriously bad dislexia :( it's not really something I like people taking the mick out of, I should have proof read my post before i hit submit.

But my point was valve take far to long, they clearly worry far to much about adding some cool new element to the game. It's got to the point now where the source engine is basically obsolete to make epi3, its probably why l4d2 looked cartoonish, its the only way to cover up an aging engine now. Personally I dont care about graphics but I think valve are to worried at there reputation to do that with half life now.

I think most people have worked out the reason for the delay is that the graphics engine is way out of date for 2010/11, I feel quite worried about valves situation, I really hope for their sake they've been working on a new engine these past few years!! :(

You know what, if they really have abolished episodic content in favour of HL3, I'm pretty much over the moon. Works for me. 6 years wait? I don't care, it'll be more than worth it.

The engine is old, yes, but its far from obsolete. If you compare HL2 with L4D2 you'll see there is a massive amount of change. Models have much higher poly counts now, higher resolution textures and the effects they can do now are awesome.

I'm sure HL:ep3 will look great and will be able to stand next to the other great games that may be released near it just fine.

I myself can wait. I know Valve will make an awesome product. I think they should keep it as Episode 3 as its part of the same story arc. After Ep3, maybe we'll get a HL3 or something.

Back