Parasites generating promiscuity in humans

The Monkey

The Freeman
Reaction score
The study suggests that male carriers have shorter attention spans, a greater likelihood of breaking rules and taking risks, and are more independent, anti-social, suspicious, jealous and morose. It also suggests that these men are deemed less attractive to women. Women carriers are suggested to be more outgoing, friendly, more promiscuous, and are considered more attractive to men compared with non-infected controls. The results are shown to be true when tested on mice, though it is still inconclusive. A few scientists have suggested that, if these effects are genuine, prevalence of toxoplasmosis could be a major determinant of cultural differences.

[...]

It is estimated that between 30% and 65% of all people worldwide are infected with toxoplasmosis. However, there is large variation between countries: in France, for example, around 88% of the population are carriers, probably due to a high consumption of raw and lightly cooked meat. Germany, the Netherlands and Brazil also have high prevalences of around 80%, over 80% and 67% respectively. In Britain about 22% are carriers, and South Korea's rate is 4.3%.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxoplasmosis#Behavioral_changes

D: D: D: D: D:

The thought of parasites being able to influence the behaviour of humans scares me to no end.

Maybe we'll all end up like this poor fellow:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34mTQRwB3kU

That's why girls don't think I'm attractive.

I always thought I was ugly! :p

Toxoplasmosis again?

THAT ****ING PARASITE!

Holy shit what was the parasite in that video?

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinochordodes_tellinii

D: D: D:

20k4umf.jpg

Jesus Raziaar, that shit is creepy.

I welcome our new parasite overlords

male carriers have shorter attention spans, a greater likelihood of breaking rules and taking risks, and are more independent, anti-social, suspicious, jealous and morose.

Women carriers are suggested to be more outgoing, friendly, more promiscuous, and are considered more attractive to men
Idiots and sluts can now claim they can't help their behavior--they've got a mind-controlling parasite.

Whatever, playing host to parasites is awesome.

It's like being a juicy universe. A juiciverse.

Whatever, playing host to parasites is awesome.

It's like being a juicy universe. A juiciverse.

They made you say that. Obviously, you are under their control and don't know what you are saying.

They made you say that. Obviously, you are under their control and don't know what you are saying.

They made you say that! They're trying to deny that Steve has parasites so that they don't get discovered and increase awareness!

this is why we need to convert to cybernetic bodies....that way the parasites won't affect us!!!

That scares the shit out of me.

Reminds me of that crappy movie "The Happening".

I thought that if you've had toxoplasmosis once, you likey become immune to it. Which makes the whole deal about parasites OMGcontrolling us a lot more boring than it already is in the first place.

Cordyceps Unilateralis. Type it in on youtube and be prepared for nightmares.

Oh. I guess that's why we hate French people, deeming them as lazy and unprofessional.

Back