Parents going to Thailand and Bali

tesher06

Spy
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how safe/dangerous those places are because they are going on vacation there for 2 weeks and me, I am not a person that likes when family goes out of country. Also does anyone have anyone have experience of this?

"Mom, dad, don't leave the country and enjoy yourselves or I'll worry incessantly and post my paranoia on the internet."

Later:

"OK, I checked hl2.net, you guys are safe to go."

Have them avoid locations jam packed full of other Americans and they should be fine.

Friends of mine go to Thailand for weddings/vacations/therapy all the time and are fine.

Bali on the other hand gets bombed on the very rare occassion.

Your parents are fine, just don't bring too many drinking/smoking buddies over.

Well i always hear of bombs at clubs and ppl getting shot in their hotel rooms and ppl getting raped and missing all the time.

Nothing to worry about.

Volcanoes! Cannibals! Mutants! Dinosaurs!

Mutant cannibal dinosaurs...in volcanoes! So they're all dead its probably safe.

I hear child prostitution is pretty rampant over in Thailand. So if your parents are children, tell them to watch their holes.

It's an incredibly dangerous place. Some family friends went over there for a holiday. After getting incredibly bad food poisoning from what looked like a reputable restaurant, the mother of the family was admitted to hospital. They left their two teenage girls in the hotel room. The mother kept getting worse and worse, for no apparent reason, and was soon vomiting blood. Turns out they'd put her on a drip of some totally unrelated medication, and she went in to massive renal failure. They decided to operate, and while the father was waiting outside the hospital he was mugged, and had his leg broken by some random gang members, because he was white. After he'd had his leg put in a cast, the doctors told him his wife had died on the operating table due to a massive blood infection from the unclean IV drip. Then the Thai doctors had done... Something. Transplanting organs from various other corpses, they'd re-assembled her viscera, then, with some sort of experimental drug, had bought her back to life, I have no idea how. She was basically just a manic beast trapped in the shell of what was her body, attacking anyone who came near, tearing at their necks and drinking their blood. Apparently she soon developed these weird abilities, but the military were quickly bought in and so there's no records of the hospital being flattened by a psionic blast.
When the father got back to the hotel, he found that his room had been broken in to, his daughters were missing, and the entire room had been destroyed. There was blood on the carpet, and all their belongings had been stolen. The police were completely unhelpful, and he's never heard anything more about them, they've just... Disappeared. I grew up with those girls, they were like my older sisters... Ugh, I shouldn't have brought this up, the pain's always near, and now I'm remembering those few terrible weeks of waiting for news that we knew wouldn't be good.

Anyway, yeah, this sort of stuff happens all the time there. It's a terrible country, incredibly lawless, and incredibly dangerous for tourists.

Yeah, plus he had to buy a pair of crutches from the hospital, and then they wouldn't let him on the plane with them! So he had to buy another pair when he got back to NZ.

Holy **** KA, half way through reading your post I was like "wait, he's got to be joking, right?"

You just scared me a lot... ****

Edit: OK he made it more ridiculous now, thank god it was just a joke. I was wanting to go there with Kathy some day.

I wasnt sure if he was joking or not when I made my joke. I hoped he was, because then I woulda felt bad.

Are you kidding? Every douchebag in the western world goes to Thailand, your parent will be fine as long they avoid the drunk Brits.

Lol gullible krynndoggy and veggie. krynndoggy is weird without santa hat btw.

His head is so much smaller.

15cn1j8.png

IS FUNNY TO ME

avoid the drunk Brits.

We met some Swedish people when we were very drunk in Poland and they were very accommodating.

In other news, one of my best mates just went to Thailand alone for a month and he was perfectly fine.

Are you kidding? Every douchebag in the western world goes to Thailand, your parent will be fine as long they avoid the drunk Brits.

Is our reputation that bad? Even my Thai friend who owns hotels in Thailand goes Brits are the worst ****ing customers. =/

Well, everyone gets drunk when abroad, but Brits tend from my experience to be much more violent and generally obnoxious. They always come in gangs of six to eight small, fat, bald assholes with Liverpool FC t-shirts. The nicest tourists are by far yanks and canadicks. But maybe I've just had a bad experience that doesn't reflect the true nature of the tourism class of the UK.

Is that just what the dog looks like normally without the hat? Because I swear it looks like that thing is wearing a yamacha.

You should be worried, but not as worried as if your mum was taking your dad to Belgium. Because unlike Belgium, there are other things to do in Thailand besides getting vaginoplasty.

Like playing Chess.

What about Bali and Singapore? Also whats the longest flight you ever took? They are taking a 17 hour flight just to Japan.

Well, everyone gets drunk when abroad, but Brits tend from my experience to be much more violent and generally obnoxious. They always come in gangs of six to eight small, fat, bald assholes with Liverpool FC t-shirts. The nicest tourists are by far yanks and canadicks. But maybe I've just had a bad experience that doesn't reflect the true nature of the tourism class of the UK.

**** YEAH
But seriously, I know somebody who frequents there and they're not dead yet.
You should be ok. Stay out of back alleys though.

I studied music in Bali for a short time. It's a cool place, go there - it has a very rich culture. The religion is primarily Balinese Hinduism - the Balinese loath terrorist attacks as it hurts business.

Which area are you parents visiting? I assume Kuta? (Tourism central) I highly recommend heading farther north to places such as Ubud to check out some more of the cultural activities. (Kecak, Gamelan) Good food up there as well. There's a place owned by an ex-pat named Naughty Nuries near Ubud that has some excellent ribs.

Only reason to go to Thailand is to **** children

Prove me wrong

Who the hell would be sick enough to do that?

Prove you wrong, I mean.

Back