PC Zone Half-Life 2 Feature Expected

Seriously. It is too late for a christmas release.

Well, they could start the marketing machine now, but they would lose alot of money. Marketing takes time.

HL2 will compete with Q3, and the outcome is unavoidable. ID Software continue to rule.

;)

Okey. I did that on purpose. Lets hug and play games all day long. All games!

i know this is similar to the previous post, but Gabe only responded about the relase date....so i asked about if it will go Gold around December 11th...heres the e-mail:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, November 27, 2003 8:31 AM
To: Gabe Newell
Subject: December 11th Gold?

Is it true that Half Life 2 will go Gold around December 11th? There
have been rumors about this around the web. Thanks for your time.
-Matt
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i guess that clears some stuff up...
-Sashswash

Which in effect crushes all my optimism tha ti'll come out in December =( Oh well, early next year, I suppose. If we get no word, I'll atleast (hopefully) have Far Cry to tide me over :)

Originally posted by Brian Damage
But what if it's already gone gold, Shuzer?

OHHH! GOOD POINT! OMG! Lol, but didn't VALVe say they'd let the public know when it went gold?

Unless, they're keeping it under wraps because they don't want the final build to be warezed, or something.. maybe they want it to be a complete surprise.. hmm!!!!!111111

Just so you guys know what you're talking about, this is the page in question (PC Zone Issue 136 - Page 168):

PCZ-hl2.jpg

Originally posted by Howard
Just so you guys know what you're talking about, this is the page in question (PC Zone Issue 136 - Page 168):

PCZ-hl2.jpg

Hmmm, interesting. The newest Computer Gaming World had a world exclusive Doom 3 article. Just read it. It twas' good.

Originally posted by Shuzer
OHHH! GOOD POINT! OMG! Lol, but didn't VALVe say they'd let the public know when it went gold?

Unless, they're keeping it under wraps because they don't want the final build to be warezed, or something.. maybe they want it to be a complete surprise.. hmm!!!!!111111

i second that..

<l33t>Valve no tell us teh Hl2 went gold?? t3h suXX0rzz!!11! They tells lies to us 4 t3h first time!! WTF?!! </l33t>

t3h
uberoptimist

Thing is people, and i hate to say it but, pczone have near enough been saying that since september!

but hey, i wouldnt complain, I keep buying games to hopefully, lull away the days til HL2 rocks my world, but nothing seems to be doing it for me........

..... crosses fingers that pc zone know something we dont!

Thing is people, and i hate to say it but, pczone have near enough been saying that since september!

but hey, i wouldnt complain, I keep buying games to hopefully, lull away the days til HL2 rocks my world, but nothing seems to be doing it for me........

Nothing on HL2 in the new issue of PC Zone peeps. Move along.

Originally posted by SFA
Nothing on HL2 in the new issue of PC Zone peeps. Move along.

Glad i just read that, cause i did not wnat to run out and get it

did i miss soemthing or has December 11'th passed and we rewinded to the 10th?

Originally posted by Raptor_995

yea nothing will compare to half life 2 except half life 2.

its the 12th and its still not here

maybe thier late (optomistic)

Back